It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:15 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Flaming Demon
IrishKnight wrote:
Predator1356 wrote:
Dark Phantom wrote:
You did not edit a webpage. You edited a screeny of a webpage.

whats to say u didnt do the same?

The fact he gave a link to the web-page instead of to the screeny of the web-page.
So, if we follow the way he is thinking then he is correct that he edited a web page and *according to him* we edited a screeny not a web page.
:roll:
in reality, i edited the page and screenied it for you all to see that its possible.

I know how you did it and it is easy to do. But can you edit it then send me the actual link to the website? You can't can you? Because it is impossible. It requires access to the admins server.

P.S. Your logic is flawed. The fact that i said "You did not edit a webpage" did not imply that i did edited the page.

But if you say you can edit the page in under 5 minutes, please do it. Send me the actual real link the support ticket when you are done. If you succeed, i promise i will pay you 200b.

Predator1356 wrote:
Dark Phantom wrote:
You did not edit a webpage. You edited a screeny of a webpage.

whats to say u didnt do the same?

Click the link? See how you can highlight the text? Yea that means it's not an image. You have no idea how much of a moron you are sounding like right now

Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:23 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Tech9
Level: 1923
Class: Engineer

zhuang281 wrote:

I know how you did it and it is easy to do. But can you edit it then send me the actual link to the website? You can't can you? Because it is impossible. It requires access to the admins server.

He could by hijacking the DNS server and having it redirect you to the fake webpage. But... I don't think DP did that, could do that, nor would do that for something like this. :lol:

Last edited by assasinat3r on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:31 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Gold Spacer
Level: 1846

I have a question, why cant you reveal your source? I think from what I have seen in this thread, only an Admin can reveal the name change. If this was an admin, then there should be no problem in them being named. If not, then the person must have gotten access to this account through hacking or some other way of breaking privacy. Maybe not through Star Sonata but it still should be bannable. Correct me if I am wrong though.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:32 pm
Profile E-mail

red395 wrote:
I have a question, why cant you reveal your source? I think from what I have seen in this thread, only an Admin can reveal the name change. If this was an admin, then there should be no problem in them being named. If not, then the person must have gotten access to this account through hacking or some other way of breaking privacy. Maybe not through Star Sonata but it still should be bannable. Correct me if I am wrong though.

I cannot reveal my source because i made a promise not to. I only showed two people a screeny of my source and both posted a few pages back. They confirmed it was not me nor a known admin who pmed me the Support ID.

On a side note, do you agree with predator lord and imra in saying that i photoshopped the URL?

Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:33 pm

seanla4350 wrote:
Llessur and goett, perhaps take a look at this:

http://www.starsonata.com/support/ticke ... resh=59571

That is a very interesting support ticket that might explain how some information actually can be given out to the player base.

Also, remember that support tickets are not private, so anyone with the Ticket ID is in power of revealing information.

Going by what was written in the ticket it wouldn't surprise me if people that were affected by flaming demon's scamming/account theft actually were given the information on his name change, since Jeff actually clearly states that so can be done if the administration decides to do so.

And yeah:

Bageese wrote:
Edit: Name changes are not to be used for the purposes of getting away with scams. If we feel that people are changing their name for the purpose of scamming, then we reserve the right to tell whatever players about that we want. In general, we're not really looking to do this, so this is more for egregious and obvious cases. - Jeff

This means that it IS a breach cause you say it's not an admin. And only admins can hand out this information apparently.

On what you said though, I don't think someone would go through this much trouble changing a website just to get a KoS/war on someone. But thats just me, seems like alot of work.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:39 pm
Profile E-mail

zhuang281 wrote:
red395 wrote:

I cannot reveal my source because i made a promise not to. I only showed two people a screeny of my source and both posted a few pages back. They confirmed it was not me nor a known admin who pmed me the Support ID.

Again, I will confirm that the source was NOT DP, and not an admin account. The ticket isn't fake, it's real, the ShadowBlade account IS the Flaming Demon account, are they the same person? Possibly. Whether or not the ticket is fake is a non-issue, it's clearly and undeniably real.

zhuang281 wrote:
On a side note, do you agree with predator lord and imra in saying that i photoshopped the URL?

What...?

Basically, how the source got the ticket ID is unknown, they themselves might've gotten it from an admin. FD was a known scammer iirc, I wouldn't be surprised if some people were told FD got his name changed. Although it could just as easily be FD himself who leaked the ticket ID, or someone with access to his email account.

Last edited by assasinat3r on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:41 pm

assasinat3r wrote:

zhuang281 wrote:

What...?

Basically, how the source got the ticket ID is unknown, they themselves might've gotten it from an admin. FD was a known scammer iirc, I wouldn't be surprised if some people were told FD got his name changed.

I was asking Gold Spacer if he agreed with Preter and Pred. Specifically how they believe i either used photoshop or a text editor to make a fake support ticket.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:46 pm

No, that was rhetorical :P

It's the kind of what you say when you hear something ridiculous!

Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:48 pm

I would love a response from someone familiar with the rules and stuff on what I have found.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:57 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024

Russell wrote:

Since Shadow has not engaged in any scamming. He had not :
" are changing their name for the purpose of scamming," then this is clearly outside this provision.

Also the context of Jeffs comment makes it clear that normally support tickets are confidential.
The protection from casual viewing is the by way of the confidential ID number, that is not a public document.

Consquently whoever revealed that information he is in breach of NZ law at least, and I suspect the US will have similar laws.

There are several other legal issues here but that would be off the immediate topic.

Getting back to the point Shadow has been a good team member of TFC, the total opposite of the pirate and scammer that FD was alleged to be.
It does not seem to to me that it can be the same person, but even if it was he has totally changed his ways and apparently changed his name to boot.
I think he deserves a second chance.

Llessur, I am not interested in discussing the matter at all, so you can discuss that with the parts involved. I am not a part involved. I am simply pointing you and goett to a ticket that might give you some insight in name changes that are bound to scamming, because the only thing that I blatantly state in my post is that flaming demon was involved in scamming and account theft, and that is impossible to deny.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:17 am

seanla4350 wrote:

Llessur, I am not interested in discussing the matter at all, so you can discuss that with the parts involved. I am not a part involved. I am simply pointing you and goett to a ticket that might give you some insight in name changes that are bound to scamming, because the only thing that I blatantly state in my post is that flaming demon was involved in scamming and account theft, and that is impossible to deny.

My favourite part of this thread is young Thermal handling it more mature than two elderly men!

Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:32 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620

Yeah, I agree with Tech9's first post on this page. Combustion and TFC people, the ticket is real and DP didn't get it from any known admin but from someone on a random char.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:19 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Combustion
Main: Combustion
Level: 5116

Hold on a minute, I never said the ticket was fake, they just want to know who this source is, regardless of promising something.

XxTommyxX, Daedalus, Combustion, Dr Eggman, Dr Combustica, Joew121, fghetfs

password wrote:
dang trevor....you take this game so serious :roll:

Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:19 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

The source has been in this topic all along. Hi Gio.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:37 am

Max235 wrote:
The source has been in this topic all along. Hi Gio.

Unless you have proof, do not make accusations. It may have been him, it may not. All i can say is that I did not recognize the character who pmed me as Giovani.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:54 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next