It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:23 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Team: Dark Traders
Main: The_Ultimatum
Level: 3982
Class: Engineer

Post Re: DRONERS UNITE!!!!
potato8 wrote:
or just a bp that costs 3-4b to make Acharges and infernos its cheaper to use the normal method with armada drones sure but make a bp like this available at lyceum that takes a bit of mets +nukes or other basic commods then we dont have the issue of having to wait a long time to replace drones.
The issue isnt that people cannot afford to replace drones its that they are so damn hard to find somone selling

cough

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i46 ... dowsig.png

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:11 pm
Profile E-mail

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Belliaum wrote:
There is no point using an engineer since these days a sniper or gunner is far more powerfull than an engineer can ever be.

This is patently false, even for a T20 build, or we wouldn't be introducing Gunner buffs, and the Gunner class wouldn't be the second rarest class in-game. (Seers are the rarest, however this is largely due to it being non-viable before T20 builds ~ at T20 and above, they outnumber Gunners).

Belliaum wrote:
I used to solo all content save a few ubers back then in my pax astro with 3 ofensive prowess augmenters.

Exactly: A dreadnought with x2 resist augs + spamming missiles could never achieve the same thing, and even now isn't doing the content that engineers can do. The engineer class was essential in early T20 Olympus runs, and now T21 engineers using the new T21 drones can do a lot more. Not to mention if they use the class specific beams / auras.

jigga316 wrote:
I came to the sad conclusion, Drone Master is crap with the current system in place...

No, Drone Master is risky with the current system in place. There's a manifest difference.

jigga316 wrote:
It's not fair.

Tough lesson #1: Life isn't fair. The answer to all of this is: don't gamble if you can't afford to lose.

p.s. Bageese's notice about not using drones was a CYOA: roll backs + crashes won't cause you to lose drones, but it's a safety precaution.

Heh...

OK ill refrain from my normal bashing since you actually try to do good.

Before your recent change to gunner most content in this game could be soloed by a lone gunner this includes stuff like Lion. Limiting factor to achive some of these things where the damage classes on the easily availble missiles. That was the only thing holding real gunners back from soloing everything. The fact that you use the curse word dreadnought in your post is an indication of where you have gone horribly wrong. Any gunner with self respect dont fly a dread unless trying to pose as an fc to lure people (or something). Dreads are very usefull if you wanna do stuff in groups or when there is a galaxy assult, the dread has some nice advantages. But when you solo hunt stuff you do not show yerself in a dread. I'll teach ya how a real gunner fights of you want.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:46 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Eurus
Level: 2330
Class: Shield Monkey

As a FC I find engineers more challenging than HF gunners... and everything I use is weak to mining.

But back on topic there should be a low cost alternative to the better

It really doesn't seem 'fair' that a nubby engineer must pay so much more per death. Even a set of titans (which there should be an alternative to) can be fairly painful in comparison with other deaths.

How about drone generators? The generator itself costs something (as does a weapon) and could take some bits and bobs to operate.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:41 pm
Profile E-mail

I still wonder what happened to venu and merc drones that where suggested years ago? These should be put into the game.

Make it a mision item in perpetual motion, hand in each of the venu gears to get a BP to make venu drones, these should be fairly cheap t 19 drones for the n00bish droner that are fairly usefull to do content with. The point being that they only take stuff like tit sheets, mets, nukes, silicon, micro and possibly vitalised micros in some small amount. This to enable people to make alot of them.

After you do the venu mission you open up the merc drone mission BP which will be alot more expensive since it takes merc gear to hand in to get a bp for the drone. These drones being far more powerfull and usefull in UZ and other more dangerous areas. These drones would take lac sheets and possibly quicked micros and some regular commods to build. In any case they should not require any drops to build so you can make alot of them.

These missions could then be expanded possibly making a hydra drone that obviously needs to be alot more powerfull than the hydra gear in general but the point is that it should be a repeatable mission to get a BP that make a t 21 drone.

None of these drones should be super powerfull but they should be an alternative to drones that drop in the UZ.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:34 pm

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

Indeed, something HAS to be done. There is now a shop buying Armada Drones, simple Armada Drones, for 1b.

I am dirty filthy rich and still find this ridiculous, I wonder how I would feel if I did not even have 1b. Armada Infernos and Armada Charge drones also use the same Sup augs that go into tooons of base augs and Ada Damps making them incredibly valuable. This in turn takes a drone, the only end game ones, and makes them not only highly limited (making minis instanced made the Armada Drone source plummet) but also incredibly expensive.

There should never be such a silly bottle neck in game, this game mechanic is making it very hard for anyone who is not an already established player to create an Engineer. There have been literally dozens of suggestions on how to fix this but all of it seems to be ignored.

And with the new drone charging system you almost have to have spares unless you want to run the risk of going without a needed drone for a full 20 seconds. You used to be able to scoop and redrop which was awesome, now we need to wait for some reason.

Please stop ignoring this issue, read through the whole topic and pick some possible fixes.

New drone BPs that take common commods (like how the support drones are made)

Drones that drop in crates as DG loot

A new mini zone for drone loot

All 3 seem to be viable fixes but I know there was more stuff. This is totally ignoring the issue of drone deaths, this is simply addressing the SUPPLY issue.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:12 pm
Profile E-mail

Let's not have this die on us.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: The_Ultimatum
Level: 3982

Chaosking3 wrote:

New drone BPs that take common commods (like how the support drones are made)

potato8 wrote:
potato8 wrote:
or just a bp that costs 3-4b to make Acharges and infernos its cheaper to use the normal method with armada drones sure but make a bp like this available at lyceum that takes a bit of mets +nukes or other basic commods then we dont have the issue of having to wait a long time to replace drones.
The issue isnt that people cannot afford to replace drones its that they are so damn hard to find somone selling

something like these suggestions would sort out the issue of not being able to obtain drones for a long period of time many people never have the issue not affording the drones its trying to find the damn things or armada drones to make them

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i46 ... dowsig.png

Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Do. Moar. UZ.

Just because every sniper or MC'd ShM / Zerker only goes there to solo the bosses isn't an excuse.

Find newbies desperate for UZ ships, then help them. Or you can just ignore them, sell them builds that you've done easily, and bemoan the lack of drops coming out of the zone.

Hmm.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:12 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Getsuga Tenshou
Level: 1799
Class: Berserker

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Hmm.

Ok, now im not saying that time should be based on my schedule or anything... I probably play less than some, but theres probably less people that play less than me. Inbetween running to each side of EF space (4uberz), and all over perilous(4uberz), with all the new zones like mausoleum and Olympus... I find it kinda hard to camp UZ with the spawn rate, in fact it directly discourages it. All im sayin is I agree with Beli, Alternative DECENT drones would be a beneficial addition to the game. or if you want people to camp it, increase the spawn rate to a bearable amount (for me it isnt worth more than just going to get my lockouts and hope to get lucky)

Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Indeed, there was no lack of drones when minis could be camped, it is the same reason ZACs have gone up to 250-300m per. We can use wishful thinking to solve the issue saying to simply "do more UZ" but a lot of people don't have time or frankly the will to do 3~ ubers just in the hopes that they get an Armada Drone or 2.

Why can we not have alternatives? We have not had any new drones to replace their UZ counter parts put in (besides Heph which is meh and requires t21) and there is not good below UZ drones. At the same time UZ is pretty much being done at an all time low because the zone has been in for 3-4 years and now that Oly + a few other places are out there is simply no reason to go back.

I feel I could continue ranting for quite some time but the gist of the idea is across. There is an obvious issue with obvious solutions.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:02 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

Venu and Merc drones built from BP that is obtained by turning in the respective gear would be pretty cool. You'll want other damage types though. I thought App Wand would be a nice place to start for lower quality healing drones.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Team: Combustion
Main: Combustion
Level: 5116
Class: Berserker

Venu and Merc drones, that would make a use for venusian gear other than AI basing.

XxTommyxX, Daedalus, Combustion, Dr Eggman, Dr Combustica, Joew121, fghetfs

password wrote:
dang trevor....you take this game so serious :roll:

Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:08 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Aidelon
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 1874

Yeah doing UZ is a problem though with the long lockouts. But more high end drones that a bit less expensive could solve the issue, particularly in the radiation/mining/surgical damage department

Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:34 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Shadow-Blade-Iathan
Level: 69
Class: None

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Do. Moar. UZ.

Just because every sniper or MC'd ShM / Zerker only goes there to solo the bosses isn't an excuse.

Find newbies desperate for UZ ships, then help them. Or you can just ignore them, sell them builds that you've done easily, and bemoan the lack of drops coming out of the zone.

Hmm.

Note: I'm not an Engineer and have never played one, I have known quite a few Drone Masters and Engineers though.

Do you really think it's fair to expect them to do content that has been done to death just for viable drones? This is an Engineer's weapon, and there's plenty of weapons that get released for the other classes.

Just give them a few other options, hell, maybe you'll see temp drones used by other classes as a mechanic if you flesh it out enough. I don't think it's all that great that Engineers are the only ones that use them because the drones are so limited.

Venu/merc drones are a great idea.

TheGrandOptimist's Trading Depot
Thyme - TheGrandOptimist - Shadow-Blade-Iathan

"Rather let the crime of the guilty go unpunished than condemn the innocent."

Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:12 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024

I don't think Venusian/Mercurian drones solely will solve this problem.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:24 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next