It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:03 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

Post Re: Berserkers
Cygnus wrote:
I don't think the abilities need to be anything like sniper analysis. Just...special.

Like, for example, a bloodlust thingy. Every time you kill an enemy, your bloodlust is sated, and this is shown by a brief resistance aura and restoring some of your shields. I thought that up in like 15 seconds, I'm sure someone could come up with something awesome for zerker and for all classes.

Exactly my idea, hence why its so awesome.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:21 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

Berserkers Bloodlust.

The more enemies you kill in a short amount of time, the more damage you do. We can call it Lust, to go with the Anal.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:50 am
Profile WWW

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024
Class: Engineer

I'd be more happy if it was that hostility towards a team for berserkers was based towards the total hostility they have gained towards that team in the last 24 hours. So in Olympus, you'd struggle with getting hostility on the first boss, but then the more Olympus things you kill on your berserker, then more focused your enemies becomes on you.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:55 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

People would just do Poseidon first.

But Radia. The point is to also get more people to do solo zerk. I wouldn't care how much damage I do if I end up dead too. A slight bit of LifeSteal(Lawl) would work methinks.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:22 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483
Class: Speed Demon

Lifesteal could be way, way overpowering or so small it wouldn't matter. It would have to scale to the zerkers level and gear as well, which would make it even harder.

The main thing about solo zerk is that once the enemies are dead, you have to be healed. Zerkers don't have the elec for a high regen shield. If you just gave it to them for free, they would be pretty insanely powerful.

Perhaps if they had some kind of mega shield charger that was zerker only. We're talking huge shield regen, extremely elec efficient, but with some kind of penalty that prevents them from using it effectively in comat, like -100% damage, -100% rof, -20% damage resist, -20% speed while it's active.

So now a zerker could clear a dg level, use the charger to heal themselves, then turn it off and go on to the next level, being time efficient and more independant.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814
Class: Berserker

skyfyre wrote:
Lifesteal could be way, way overpowering or so small it wouldn't matter. It would have to scale to the zerkers level and gear as well, which would make it even harder.

The main thing about solo zerk is that once the enemies are dead, you have to be healed. Zerkers don't have the elec for a high regen shield. If you just gave it to them for free, they would be pretty insanely powerful.

Perhaps if they had some kind of mega shield charger that was zerker only. We're talking huge shield regen, extremely elec efficient, but with some kind of penalty that prevents them from using it effectively in comat, like -100% damage, -100% rof, -20% damage resist, -20% speed while it's active.

So now a zerker could clear a dg level, use the charger to heal themselves, then turn it off and go on to the next level, being time efficient and more independant.

/mega signed

VaporiZe!

Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:54 pm
Profile E-mail

skyfyre wrote:

It'd have to be small, but I assumed that since Zerks multi-fire weapons, the bonus gets to be good enough for dging, a kind of shield sustain for pvai, and the odd pvp against idiotic FC's.

Just scaling to Zerk Class should work, though. Lifesteal per hit, not kill.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Main: __
Level: 2482

Why not have lifesteal be based on the shields of the enemy you kill? That was it's automatically balanced to level and everything, it will just work.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:03 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Predator Lord
Level: 1814

i like skyfyres idea better

VaporiZe!

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:04 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: __
Level: 2482

The trouble with that idea is that, while it would certainly work, we need more than just a working solution. What we need is a solution that both works, is COOL(shield chargers aren't cool, sorry), and most of all, either fits into or creates some sort of gameplay lore(something that SS is critically lacking at the moment).

Hence the lifesteal idea. Sure, it would be difficult to balance, but in the end it would be cool, interesting, and add something to the game's lore. I'm not saying that lifesteal is necessarily what it needs, I'm just saying that it meets those three criteria. A shield charger...doesn't.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

I don't like lifesteal at all, it may work but its completely not in the zerker style.
Zerk should get some kind of invulnerability after kill and get some dps bonus as his shields drop.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:10 pm

seanla4350 wrote:
I'll put out some raw stats here from my personal setups just to show you what I mean is the current issue. This is with added support based on how I play in squads.

Berserker:

With every gear possible moded for the best outcome.

40 138 DPS with Mad Thoraxes, powering easily.
I take 313 631 Hostility/second.

With no moded gear at all.

35 365 DPS with Mad Thoraxes, 75% powering only.
I take 133 460 Hostility/second.

Sniper:

With no moded gear at all for any added DPS or powerability.

43 750 DPS with Mad Thoraxes at Sniper Analysis 0, powering with a large margin.
I take 55 807 Hostility/second.

114 171 DPS with Mad Thoraxes at Sniper Analysis 50%, powering with somewhat margin.
I take 142 713 Hostility/second.

237 280 DPS with Mad Thoraxes at Sniper Analysis 100%, slightly breaking my regen.
I take 296 600 Hostility/second.

tl:drstats/information

With a T21 high end sniper and berserker with no moded gear, the sniper will easily take hostility from the berserker after firing for more than 5 minutes at the same target! The only way I've found yet to prevent this is by giving the berserker the best moded gear possible on all possessions, and it should not be this way!

We're discussing this now.

Could you PM me your aug / gear list please?

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Cygnus wrote:
Why not have lifesteal be based on the shields of the enemy you kill? That was it's automatically balanced to level and everything, it will just work.

Not all AI follow a linear graph for increasing shields.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:30 pm

Main: Qlimax
Level: 1753

Your point church? Even in LoL(obviously ur basing it of LoL) if u try to lifesteal of a squIshy you dont gain much.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:37 pm
Profile E-mail

No.

I mean, scaling it so that you take 15% Lifesteal out of Master Yin, or 95% from Nautilus is...not the 62% that 2 BloodThirsters and a Vampiric Scepter is even though you're doing exactly 150 damage to either champion(no armor or either for testing)

15% from a Hawk, but 95% out of a Condor for a zerks MD's?

I suggested a unified amount, slashed so that MFing weapons increases the amount. It'd be enough for endgame player, but a blessing for newer players to encourage going all out MF at lower levels to gain maximum LS.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:47 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next