It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:34 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024
Class: Engineer

Post Berserkers
Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Zerkers are currently in the top 3 classes in the game, so aren't my priority at the moment.

I would like to start a discussion here and point to how insanely hard it is to make a good high end berserker that can both take and hold hostility, while also doing sufficient DPS. I have twisted my mind for a long time now to find suitable setups to go with the most high end snipers in game in squad uber runs, and Berserker Class could definitely do with some increase on the hostility side of the class or else a lot of issues will be countered soon in actually keeping berserkers as a class that is supposed to be pretty straight-forward to setup for squad runs.

Apart from that, Berserkers are just fine on everything else, even a bit too fine on the tanking side.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:45 am

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Berserkers
Well for starters, it is not a viable leveling option for low to mid level game play, it is way to skill dependent.

Other than that, (for tech 20) I have only seen a few well put together lion zerkers, everyone else is mediocre.

Personally I think the zerker class is soon going to be obsolete, as in non needed for holding hostility and tanking.

The end of the zerker is neigh. Atleast in my perspective.

Although they are still vastly superior in pvb/Pvp.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:09 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Bella Morte
Main: Lilith
Level: 840
Class: Speed Demon

my only issue i have with berserkers is the speed decrease anything i can use under t 20 is slow as hell as is. getting the extra dps from slaves is even more chancing in perilous space. of course it would see mberserker is the top one of the class's but realise how much goes into making it such its almost as expensive as seer or droner's.

Y NO ONE GIVE FUCK ABOUT THE LITTLE GUY O,o looking at you aurora.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:09 am
Profile E-mail

Fallen- wrote:
my only issue i have with berserkers is the speed decrease anything i can use under t 20 is slow as hell as is. getting the extra dps from slaves is even more chancing in perilous space. of course it would see mberserker is the top one of the class's but realise how much goes into making it such its almost as expensive as seer or droner's.

Y NO ONE GIVE FUCK ABOUT THE LITTLE GUY O,o looking at you aurora.

You are playing the class wrong then. If you want speed, then aug for that. There has already been quite a few fast, agile berserkers with decent shield regen that has done well in this game.

paxiprime wrote:
Personally I think the zerker class is soon going to be obsolete, as in non needed for holding hostility and tanking.

The end of the zerker is neigh. Atleast in my perspective.

Although they are still vastly superior in pvb/Pvp.

You will always need a berserker in a high end run, because you won't find a sniper that holds hostility, manages to tank the damage, and still be a sniper. Berserkers are great for cleaning out spawns, and a good berserker in for example Zeus is a wonderful sight.

And in PvP and PvB berserkers are great, but not that great. Snipers do more DPS at 0 SA than Berserkers, and with RTS controls for bases/drones you won't be able to hold hostility in PvB sadly.

What I try to say here I guess, is that berserkers should have their hostility capacity increased a lot, so that you can focus on other aspects other than gearing solely for being able to hold the hostility in a run that has a Prawn sniper in it. The small boost the class gets from the skill should be increased by a lot.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:25 am

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129
Class: Shield Monkey

agreed, tanks classes in wow have special skills/spells and items to hold aggro or pull aggro. Aggro in this game is largely a fixed mechanic working in the back ground. there should be some way to pull aggro more effectively like a zerker only tractor...big bird tractor! zerker only aggro tweaks all that stuff.

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:35 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: None
Main: Blizzara
Level: 2100

sabre198 wrote:
agreed, tanks classes in wow have special skills/spells and items to hold aggro or pull aggro. Aggro in this game is largely a fixed mechanic working in the back ground. there should be some way to pull aggro more effectively like a zerker only tractor...big bird tractor! zerker only aggro tweaks all that stuff.

I like these ideas and I agree zerkers could get some love for hostility/aggro management. Hostility tractor and aggro tweaks are nice ideas but adding some +hostility for zerker class skills is also an option.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:39 am

i kinda prefer turn off/onable aggro management to fixed factor% in skills. that way if multiple zerkers in a part yu they can up and down aggro between them to switch in and out tanks dynamically.

landswimmer wrote:

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:42 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

I sacrificed a lot of stats and weapon slots to just get the needed hostility and electrical regen so I could hold hostility from my Prawn, yet power my weapons. And here we are talking about items that are double moded with radioactive/evil, and only the highest end gear. This should not be the case.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:49 am

...or Snipers need nerfing.

Methinks this is a more accurate assessment of the situation.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:32 am
Profile E-mail

And then you need to re-tweak a lot of content based on what snipers actually have made it possible to accomplish. So forget that thought Aurora.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:35 am

An easier solution would be some Sniper locked items that reduced hostility ~ there's also the Bipolar skills, which could be increased.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:49 am
Profile E-mail

why would snipers need nerfing, they are the dps class. sorry to keep drawing parallels to wow, but in wow the mages do more dps than the tanks but they made of tissue paper. this is the correct way. dps for fragility.

why would creating an item that reduced aggro to snipers be easier than creating an item that increases it? e.g a tractor. a tractor would be balanced by having to use energy (thus potentially momentarily reducing the zerkers dps when it needs to pull aggro).

landswimmer wrote:

Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:33 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

The top 3 classes in this game are almost certainly Sniper, Engineer, and Shield Monkey.

Berserker should be more accessible to new players for the purpose of solo content.

Bosses with random aggro or aggro that cannot be controlled through proper positioning should be reserved for special one-off situations (i.e. Poseidon is fine, Dark Kobaldstein is not).

The Bipolar skills should be looked at and perhaps beefed. The Zerk hostility bonus should possibly be increased.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Qlimax
Level: 1753
Class: Seer

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
...or Snipers need nerfing.

Methinks this is a more accurate assessment of the situation.

Agreed!

Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:48 pm
Profile E-mail

I had to include enough *Evil gear on my Berserker to gain a 135% stacking hostility bonus to be able to compare my Berserker to my Prawn sniper. Normally, nothing comes close to item modifications and tweaks when it comes to stacking, so it will have to be a really huge bonus for the Bipolar skills to be any useful.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:23 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next