It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:27 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Team: Heaven
Main: Kangaroo_blob
Level: 3102
Class: Berserker

Post Re: For the record
You remove BvB or capping bases and I'll quit ss Jeff.

You're trying to completely change the game from how it used to be, and I for one despise these changes.

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:18 am

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129
Class: Shield Monkey

he isnt getting rid of bvb or capping bases (the traditional way)

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:28 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

sabre198 wrote:

True, reaction of some players bring to mine some of crowd control techniques.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:33 am

Team: Heaven
Main: Kangaroo_blob
Level: 3102

sabre198 wrote:

JeffL wrote:
I think there would be a ton of downside and very little upside if it were easier to cap bases. I'm on the fence right now about taking it out altogether, but since it's currently fairly difficult, I'm not feeling any impetus to act on it at this time.

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:43 am

Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129
Class: Shield Monkey

yeh but he dun got teh impetus! :lol: :lol:

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:44 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024
Class: Engineer

JeffL wrote:
I think there would be a ton of downside and very little upside if it were easier to cap bases. I'm on the fence right now about taking it out altogether, but since it's currently impossible to irradiate most high end StM kits or production kits these days, I'm not feeling any impetus to act on it at this time.

I fixed it. I find it funny that Jeff wanted to take video captures of the last BvB action that was around so he could promote it, and now I have a feeling that there won't be any BvBing present for the next... let's go with 5 universes at least. If the universe size is going to stay around there won't be any reason to fight over team spaces, and now that there isn't any way to achieve anything from killing the opponents bases there surely won't be any reason to have wars or to do any BvBing.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:00 am

Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 3306
Class: Speed Demon

You all make it seem like this is a personal attack on SP, stop making everything to damn dramatic...

This isnt about removing BvB or capping bases. its about removing a mechanic that was never supposed to be used in the way its being used now...

I dont get how this is hard to understand. bases go destroyed now to mitigate losses when the base dies. laying an outpost and taking all that bases is even worse than it was before the destroyed bases went into the game. Its not hard to see that isnt the way it should be.

This game will never be EvE, if you want EvE-like gameplay, there's an easy way to get it...

-ERMAN

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:02 am
Profile WWW

We can easily understand that Jeff is now removing something he implemented a long time ago that he hasn't followed up correctly so it was used in line with what he had planned, but I think everyone can agree to the fact that there is no reason to BvB at all if all you get is the gear that falls off a base kit upon death. You cannot in any way get enough radiation DPS to capture kits that are worth capturing, and then the only reason to attack another team space is limited to resources mainly, which you are better off just finding an unbuilt galaxy somewhere in this huge universe and putting down some kits there.

So we aren't being dramatic, we are just pointing to what these changes eventually will lead to if Jeff isn't careful. With these kind of changes you might easily get to a point where any interaction between teams will be extinct in this game, and you are only looking at playing a game based on PvAI aspects and colony building.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:28 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 2763
Class: Gunner

sabre198 wrote:
So you cant cap other peoples ships in pvp vs ships, why should you be able to cap all their bases in one go? I'm glad jeff has seen sense, because listening to people like hooch is bad because he only comes back for a few weeks each year to cause some people misery then he skips off again when he gets bored.

Before you go assuming you know why I am now back get your facts straight.

I was gone for one reason, I needed money. Why did I need money you ask? Because the Veterans Administration said I owed them $9,368.52. Why did they say that? Turns out that my school changed the degree plan requirements I was on to not require a class I took in the spring of 2010, they changed the requirements in Fall of 2010. The VA did a periodic audit of my account, found that, saw the requirements, what I took, removed that class from what they "should" have paid for, oh and because they no longer counted that class it put me under the required hours to receive BAH, BAMN billed me.

To pay them back I had to quit school, and got Jobs, you know work, so while I was working 3 Jobs, I had no time for Star Sonata, nor time to check the forums, or talk to my team.

Until you bother to find out the facts shut the fuck up about what you have no clue about.

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Last edited by rand4505 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:52 am
Profile YIM

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

The big uni map has definitely removed some incentive for territorial wars. This is where a new Emp run system comes in. Biggee's suggestion moved the most personal kind of conflict to a new layer and wrapped it up in the race for the Emp title, while leaving buildable space mostly alone. It seems promising to me.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:53 am

Yeah, that was the two things we saw as possible saviors for any future team interaction in this game: An improved Emp Run system or proper radiation base weapons so it can be possible to capture enemy kits with the right effort.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620

rand4505 wrote:
sabre198 wrote:
So you cant cap other peoples ships in pvp vs ships, why should you be able to cap all their bases in one go? I'm glad jeff has seen sense, because listening to people like hooch is bad because he only comes back for a few weeks each year to cause some people misery then he skips off again when he gets bored.

Before you go assuming you know why I am now back get your facts straight.

I was gone for one reason, I needed money. Why did I need money you ask? Because the Veterans Administration said I owed them $9,368.52. Why did they say that? Turns out that my school changed the degree plan requirements I was on to not require a class I took in the spring of 2010, they changed the requirements in Fall of 2010. The VA did a periodic audit of my account, found that, saw the requirements, what I took, removed that class from what they "should" have paid for, oh and because they no longer counted that class it put me under the required hours to receive BAH, BAMN billed me.

To pay them back I had to quit school, and got Jobs, you know work, so while I was working 3 Jobs, I had no time for Star Sonata, nor time to check the forums, or talk to my team.

Until you bother to find out the facts shut the fuck up about what you have no clue about.

/me grabs the worlds smallest violin

No, not the right place and time for this? mkay I'm out :arrow:

Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Zephyr
Main: Destroyer Of Worlds
Level: 3221

seanla4350 wrote:
JeffL wrote:
I think there would be a ton of downside and very little upside if it were easier to cap bases. I'm on the fence right now about taking it out altogether, but since it's currently impossible to irradiate most high end StM kits or production kits these days, I'm not feeling any impetus to act on it at this time.

Mandys production base was on a SHM account and had ada damps etc .. don't know what you got but it did. So that's bullshit right there.

Nothing wrong with capping bases, simply this game mechanic was ridiculous. Glad it's going to be fixed.

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Full stops go after the closed brackets. L2grammarNazi.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:21 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

Do bases even get class skills? Was under the impression that was no longer the case.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163

Species 8472 wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:
JeffL wrote:

Mandys production base was on a SHM account and had ada damps etc .. don't know what you got but it did. So that's bullshit right there.

Nothing wrong with capping bases, simply this game mechanic was ridiculous. Glad it's going to be fixed.

Was it StM? Most prod bases are ExE...

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:44 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next