It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 11:20 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Getsuga Tenshou
Level: 1799
Class: Berserker

Post Re: For the record
rand4505 wrote:
Easy mode is for Offline play, Communists and Progressives.

Forgive me, my last post was made in somewhat of a state of delirium after having not slept for a couple days. I didnt clearly state what I intended to.

Everyone plays this game at their own rate, and I believe thats one of the things that makes this game great. I work and go to school so, I might not be able to get as much done as you (hypothetical) but I can still set realistic goals to accomplish. Its not going to be a system of colonies that rakes me in 15b-20b a day, but I do what I can. If my hardwork was to be destroyed, or stolen I would be hard pressed to be able to re-establish everything because of my time constraints.

I agree with you about potential loss and competition, but in its current form it lacks depth. The potential loss is either inconsequential or devastating, tactics hardly matter anymore... its just who can pay the most for the biggest guns and shields.

Which brings me to the point that we need a better structured environment that allows for a range of freedoms and risk reward.

Nothing is ever so black and white when people are involved aside from the color of their skin. Im not asking for the playing field between noobs and veterans to be leveled. Just asking to allow for people who have different amounts of time to invest in the game, because this is a factor in how the people perceive their bases, and a revamp to the systems current state.

Im not so great at explaining things sometimes =P just seems to be one of those times.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:15 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

I think there would be a ton of downside and very little upside if it were easier to cap bases. I'm on the fence right now about taking it out altogether, but since it's currently fairly difficult, I'm not feeling any impetus to act on it at this time.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:48 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 3306
Class: Speed Demon

JeffL wrote:
I think there would be a ton of downside and very little upside if it were easier to cap bases. I'm on the fence right now about taking it out altogether, but since it's currently fairly difficult, I'm not feeling any impetus to act on it at this time.

What about the mechanic currently at the center of this firestorm where all the bases go unowned the moment you own a destroyed gal (which is 10 minutes after it dies)?

-ERMAN

Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

As was stated in the other thread, that has been changed for the next patch.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:02 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 3306

JeffL wrote:
As was stated in the other thread, that has been changed for the next patch.

Ah, hard to keep up with all the comments when stuff gets locked then people make more posts about the same thing...

And I take it this is not going to be considered a bug and its use be reversed?

-ERMAN

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:08 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 2763
Class: Gunner

Removing BvB would be a mistake Jeff, that is what makes this game unique.

I think of BvB as the ultimate form of Tower Defense. A real time, Tower Defense with Player Support for both sides. No other game has this. Beyond Protocol did but is now defunct. Star Sonata is it.

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:09 pm
Profile YIM

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

rand4505 wrote:
Removing BvB would be a mistake Jeff, that is what makes this game unique.

I think of BvB as the ultimate form of Tower Defense. A real time, Tower Defense with Player Support for both sides. No other game has this. Beyond Protocol did but is now defunct. Star Sonata is it.

I think Jeff was referring to capping bases, not BvB in general.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:14 pm

Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 2763
Class: Gunner

That effectively would be the same thing. There is no point in BvBing if you can not cap bases.

Like real war, it is economic expansion through other means.

If the ability to cap bases was limited to wars that were mutually declared, that would be a built in check to prevent a nastier possibility.

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:21 pm
Profile YIM

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791
Class: Shield Monkey

JeffL wrote:

This game would be ridiculous if this happened. The amount of money you can earn from PvP has already been raped with the removal of GG since parts are worthless.

By removing the outpost mechanic you will just see people radding weaker teams bases since its insanely difficult to rad even a single ada kit.

It'd be nice if we modelled our PvP/B experience on EVE Online instead of Carebear Online...

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620
Class: Berserker

Wait there's a CareBear online :D!?!

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Zephyr
Main: Destroyer Of Worlds
Level: 3221

OMG .. Don't take out BvB people will quit!

OMG .. Don't keep this capping feature people will quit!

I'm sure more people would quit because of the second feature. BvB is still possible, extending the window to 24 hours would be cool though. And as for the GG system ~ I'm sure that's being revised.

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Full stops go after the closed brackets. L2grammarNazi.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Biggee
Level: 2163
Class: Engineer

What's the point for attackers to attack anything if they are inherently outnumbered and cannot gain anything from dropping kits into hostile territory? Not to mention they can just have the kits tractored out and murdered because you have to drop unattached kits. If BvB gets dropped, you will see a nice portion of SBP just straight up leave, I can guarantee it.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:04 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

There are plenty of reasons to BvB without capping in mind. Heck, any real base simply CANNOT be capped. You will never get enough Rad DPS to cap it. BvB is for territorial expansion and wars. If the next gal over has a 4xFrozen Blob planet then that is the reward for taking the gal. If a gal 8j in has the same thing it might not be worth it but hey, BvB is also incredibly enjoyable so certain folks would still make a go for it.

I am not saying remove capping, keep it in, saying capping is the only reason to BvB is just silly though.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:16 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Biggee
Level: 2163

Chaosking3 wrote:
There are plenty of reasons to BvB without capping in mind. Heck, any real base simply CANNOT be capped. You will never get enough Rad DPS to cap it. BvB is for territorial expansion and wars. If the next gal over has a 4xFrozen Blob planet then that is the reward for taking the gal. If a gal 8j in has the same thing it might not be worth it but hey, BvB is also incredibly enjoyable so certain folks would still make a go for it.

I am not saying remove capping, keep it in, saying capping is the only reason to BvB is just silly though.

With the universe as big as it is, there is rarely a need for BvB to expand borders, seeing as most teams have much more space than they can even use effectively.

You can BvB a team all you want without hindering their threat towards you at all; they will still retain most of their gear, and the only real way to eliminate a threat is to take the gear from them. With the current system, it's a matter of just trading blows, where the only cost is repairing your kits.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:30 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

What teams so far used this tactic?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:29 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next