It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:08 pm

Team: None
Main: Spacely's Sprokets
Level: 2416
Class: Seer

Post Shit sucks
Guys should have left well enough alone on the gameplay issues, IU, and GG/repair damaged gear situation. There is enough that sucks about the changes to the look of the game that will take time to fix, to have to deal with your idiotic attempts at copying other games' styles. The UI gets in the way of gameplay....all the time. make it more intuitive and less invasive. If you need a reference go look at Black Prophecy. They have it down.

The simplicity is what made SS great. Please listen to your playerbase and stop making stupid changes that are unnecessary and more annoying than the way the game was before

Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:29 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Shit sucks
Random rage is not productive. Suggesting a fix for a system you don't like is a much better way to get your point across. Having a topic title that says "shit sucks" screams 9y/o ragequit.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:20 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Surgeon
Level: 3245
Class: Berserker

I agree. The UI is very annoying and overly complex. The old game was simple and more easily understood. The new mouse icon even gets in the way and sometimes it hard to find menus.

Getting used to this new setup will be hard for me personally...

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:22 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Blueberry Pancakes
Main: ywigundamrules2003
Level: 2782
Class: Shield Monkey

yes cause every is going to go deadicate 4 year of their life to programing just so they can offer a fix lol get real. No there is a alot of stuff about C2 that DOES SUCK plain and simple.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:12 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Red Faction
Main: Yehaaaaaaaaaaa
Level: 2372

Macedonn3 wrote:

Same. In two minds about it at the moment. Whenever I want to test something and see how it goes someone wants to pvp, and i suck at pvp at the best of times, let alone with a new system i don't know how to use yet.

It looks good, but gameplay seems much harder, (as in the basic stuff, a/p-ing 12 gals can take a while when you hve 4 goes at every gate to get thru).

I'll give it a go and see how long it takes me to start enjoying the game again. But if it takes too long......

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

Point is, there is too much happening at once, and C2 still has graphical bugs out the wazoo. The devmins should leave content changes out until the client is closer to being finished.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:26 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Red Faction
Main: Yehaaaaaaaaaaa
Level: 2372

And to be honest, the fact that others have decided amongst themselves that it's a pvp uni has defeated the purpose of having a temp uni where ppl can get used to the gameplay. it's frustrating enough without that as well.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:36 am

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129
Class: Shield Monkey

they wanted it to be pvp week so they could blame c2 if they get killed.

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:41 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Maybe get used to your character in some place other than the perilous pvp playground? It's not like Wild Space and Earthforce Space need you to be level 5000+ to enter...

Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:51 am

Team: Zero Gravity
Main: Pan Fry
Level: 259
Class: Fleet Commander

Macedonn3 wrote:
I agree. The UI is very annoying and overly complex. The old game was simple and more easily understood. The new mouse icon even gets in the way and sometimes it hard to find menus.

I disagree. The new UI isn't perfect and could ue a little tidying but it doesn't feel any harder. I realise that not having spent years learning to use C1 might make me a poor person to say this in many people's eyes but if you ask me it makes me better qualified. I haven't spent so long using either system that it's instinctive, I'm not trying to use a new interface after years on an old one I've only played either as a relatively inexperienced player. As such I think when I say "it's not really that different" it might actually have more weight. That said, C2 doesn't feel quite as polished as C1, there's a few things not working properly, I don't feel when you're comparing the clients it's fair to say "Oh we should go back to C1 because C2 isn't finished" but that C1 was a better experience due to this. That doesn't mean I think we should roll back to C1, when you look past the things which should be ironed out in the coming months then C2 on the whole is a better interface.

Of course I've not got to grips with bases yet, they may turn out to be hugely more complex but everything else is very similar. The drone controls are better but the map is worse (too small, WAAAY too small and fullscreen... resizable would be good). The area needing the most work is when you're docked at a station. The window isn't big enough, and this shows when you try to buy ships. One or two ships descriptions in the shop don't work as they get cut off, I guess it'd be fiddly to be able to resize the space station boxes but I think we should either be able to do so, or they need to be bigger.

I have noticed a bit of lag (makes combat confusing very occasionally, though I remember a little of this lag in C1 too) and sometimes the game seems *really* buggy or just inconsistantly laggy when dealing with items in your ship. I've got a new engine/shields etc, gone to equip them, sold the old one, and then suddenly the new one is sold and the old one is equipped. Though it'll also just equip and unequip the same piece even though I'm clicking on a different piece when re equpping sometimes. I suspect this is just me needing to click once more somewhere or the list of items not refreshing, but it's still confusng, frustrating and something which just shouldn't happen (I assume the items are swapping places but it's not showing for a few seconds). I suspect there's a few other things too.

If they can't get those things sorted eventually then hey, I guess due to technical stuff C2 does suck. But when I look past bugs and at the actual designs C2 isn't a step back at all.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:03 am
Profile E-mail