It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:23 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031
Class: Engineer

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Post Re: Noob Memories
jasonr wrote:
thecrazygamemaster wrote:
Ah so many things to recall...

Occupying a few planets on my own in Black Pitch first uni I played SS.. f2ps could lay bases back then. I was on CFG led by Caius. Me and Matt still have noob alts on that team, making up the population of it. An enemy made himself known to us (Geo Stelar) and my bases happily raped his EFF, which I thought was a massive and very good ship, with adonis lazor beams. Then began the glorious BvB that we did. That went on for like 2 months then we got a truce :D. Mostly because my bases were kicking his ass.

I remember seeing someone in a dread and almost shitting my pants.

I was so afraid of goldenboys that I stayed in w0 a loooooong time.

I capped 6b in infernos with Laptop Boy. God that was a pain in the ass, 3b for each of us. We each went and got this awesome new big ship, the EFBS, and we thought it was SO COOL! I still have that dinosaur in my ship list.

Gacrux. BvB with Lajeah, this was the second uni I've been on PC. Me and Vipor (I THINK his char was named that) had built up a lot in Gacrux which was some out of the way w1 gal with a huge sun, roids, lots of planets. It had a pax ruin and lajeah wanted it though we did not know so at the time. He BvBed us pretty much destroying the gal, then Aidelon came in and roughed him up. I saw one of their droners deploy BFDs from his Pax (which were about 5x the size of my Wing 2) and wished I could get those someday. They look so much smaller now....

Being an FC with a slave swarm of SBPs, and Paxes on and off, and not finding out about stasis generators until level 600...

So yeah, some tales of intrigue.

Urm claer, I believe your telling that story wrong. He was Volcom King at that time, and we were both thar. thereaper1 attacked you (also our bases would've wiped you, if it wasn't for some noob wondering why so many rations were on our argo kit and tossed them all causing our ambros to be useless). Also you were on PC at that time, you were lvl 75~ in an agamemmnon and matt was 125 in a EFF. Good timez tho.

Wrong point in time jason, I was lvl 20 in my story. I didnt even know you existed then, so you are describing a different memory. While yes, he was volcom king, I definitely was not on PC or had an agamemnon.

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Sat May 21, 2011 2:46 am
Profile E-mail

Team: TorchWood
Main: TheKC
Level: 5
Class: None

Lolwut? wrote:
yugioh124 wrote:
Sorry to sound noobish, but what IS micron?

Yugi gave me an idea.
What do you remember from being a noob?
I ragequit because I screamed "WTFHAX" in all after a DT killed me, because I didn't see the Dark Fist torpedo fly in and 1shot my Hotrod+, and nobody helped. And the 5 by 5 square of Adonis bases... good times.

Do you even remember your noob roots, for that matter? Because there's alot of people (Simon, Trevor, Church, Shawn, etc.) that seem like they've always been that level and never were a noob at any time.

/me looks at my join date
/me looks at level 800
:cry:

Shawn ever left newb stage ? :twisted:

Sat May 21, 2011 4:31 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

TheKC wrote:
Lolwut? wrote:
yugioh124 wrote:
Sorry to sound noobish, but what IS micron?

Yugi gave me an idea.
What do you remember from being a noob?
I ragequit because I screamed "WTFHAX" in all after a DT killed me, because I didn't see the Dark Fist torpedo fly in and 1shot my Hotrod+, and nobody helped. And the 5 by 5 square of Adonis bases... good times.

Do you even remember your noob roots, for that matter? Because there's alot of people (Simon, Trevor, Church, Shawn, etc.) that seem like they've always been that level and never were a noob at any time.

/me looks at my join date
/me looks at level 800
:cry:

Shawn ever left newb stage ? :twisted:

Shawn loves being a noob and that is why he will never leave noobdom behind.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Sat May 21, 2011 5:35 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: YourDumberThenDeathr
Level: 0
Class: None

jasonr wrote:
Ah so many things to recall...

Occupying a few planets on my own in Black Pitch first uni I played SS.. f2ps could lay bases back then. I was on CFG led by Caius. Me and Matt still have noob alts on that team, making up the population of it. An enemy made himself known to us (Geo Stelar) and my bases happily raped his EFF, which I thought was a massive and very good ship, with adonis lazor beams. Then began the glorious BvB that we did. That went on for like 2 months then we got a truce :D. Mostly because my bases were kicking his ass.

I remember seeing someone in a dread and almost shitting my pants.

I was so afraid of goldenboys that I stayed in w0 a loooooong time.

I capped 6b in infernos with Laptop Boy. God that was a pain in the ass, 3b for each of us. We each went and got this awesome new big ship, the EFBS, and we thought it was SO COOL! I still have that dinosaur in my ship list.

Gacrux. BvB with Lajeah, this was the second uni I've been on PC. Me and Vipor (I THINK his char was named that) had built up a lot in Gacrux which was some out of the way w1 gal with a huge sun, roids, lots of planets. It had a pax ruin and lajeah wanted it though we did not know so at the time. He BvBed us pretty much destroying the gal, then Aidelon came in and roughed him up. I saw one of their droners deploy BFDs from his Pax (which were about 5x the size of my Wing 2) and wished I could get those someday. They look so much smaller now....

Being an FC with a slave swarm of SBPs, and Paxes on and off, and not finding out about stasis generators until level 600...

So yeah, some tales of intrigue.

Urm claer, I believe your telling that story wrong. He was Volcom King at that time, and we were both thar. thereaper1 attacked you (also our bases would've wiped you, if it wasn't for some noob wondering why so many rations were on our argo kit and tossed them all causing our ambros to be useless). Also you were on PC at that time, you were lvl 75~ in an agamemmnon and matt was 125 in a EFF. Good timez tho.

Wrong point in time jason, I was lvl 20 in my story. I didnt even know you existed then, so you are describing a different memory. While yes, he was volcom king, I definitely was not on PC or had an agamemnon.

I was still in that story then, ;p but you were lvl 20...Then I was about lvl 15 on Geo's team. I remember that going on for a long time, then I got to about lvl 200 by the time it was over, you were off the team and I still had aggro. Sooo I decided the few remaining adonis kits on CFG were getting pew pewed ;p. Then there was the BvB (Sorta...) of fortress and that other gal beside it.

Sat May 21, 2011 10:37 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Threaten
Level: 2853
Class: Shield Monkey

I remember me, MAGICFLAME, and ken le survivant would build argo bases, then Grim in his warden would come kill them, then chain pod us.

Sat May 21, 2011 10:48 am
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

One day, two newbs named Ecto and Hero joined Mad+, spent 1b each on a set of Adonis bases, and promptly got them killed the next day.

Another day, even further back, you COULD cap the ship right off someone. Guess what happened to anubus2112's roswell...

Sat May 21, 2011 1:21 pm

anilv wrote:
Ken le survivant using a Wing IV and an Incin to hunt Hues for me.

Good times good times :)

Threaten wrote:
I remember me, MAGICFLAME, and ken le survivant would build argo bases, then Grim in his warden would come kill them, then chain pod us.

not so good times ahaha :p

Thanks for including me in what you remember from old times guys :)

ken le survivant.

Sat May 21, 2011 3:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Trumpet Girl
Level: 2079
Class: Speed Demon

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Another day, even further back, you COULD cap the ship right off someone. Guess what happened to anubus2112's roswell...

OMG you could cap people's ships? So that guy was for real? He really was trying to cap me???? Some people...you know?

:shock:

TG

Sat May 21, 2011 3:48 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Threaten
Level: 2853

Bankai wrote:
anilv wrote:
Ken le survivant using a Wing IV and an Incin to hunt Hues for me.

Good times good times :)

Threaten wrote:

not so good times ahaha :p

Thanks for including me in what you remember from old times guys :)

ken le survivant.

haha i love it. if only i had sonota one again, hopefully the BB report is still on there.

Sat May 21, 2011 3:48 pm

Team: Resident Evil
Main: number666.5
Level: 1885
Class: Fleet Commander

lets start at the start ( around 5+ years ago(cant remember the real date because i used a temp char))

spawned in sol and keep looking at the earth was thinking "woot i like this" killed some wingships and did some prom trading. next day i logged all was gone... did it again, same thing all gone. ragequitted for 1 year or so.< also remember there was a line somewere deep in space was thinking it was the edge of the gal (still dont know if its true never heard about it from anyone)

came back after 1 year :P spawned in nexus training area stuff killing rats. got a bulk before i got to the real nexus (yes it was possible) made my first ever 1m!!! in there days of trading i know still that lifeless :wink:

got my way to sol again and more prom trading in that uber bulk!
got some slaves later also having prom got a bulk II and some bulk+ at an time never had more then 30m money because i spended a lot to shit. ragequitted after a DT killed me in FM ( i like to poke stuff that can easily kill me)

came back 3 years ago made a base as lvl 18 no augs ai base gear helga slaves and killed some flyboys lvled from it and got P2P saw a swingarm levi slave lvl 1600 or so in my gal jumping in and out the uni before or after he became emp (can be wrong about that lvl correct me swingy if it is) base died after some days keep rebuilding all the time ( rats? wtf you talking about :mrgreen: < never learned it) quitted cant remember reason

1.5 years ago the great me returned and made his own team (007) its still there im still director got back to prom trading and base building ( my bases still sucked at that time. rats...)

little more then 1 year back the great Smok Ni........ ( ffs get a name i can remember) lets just say smok he got me out my dream of my own team and because his counc after some weeks he tested my counc skills and had better score as the old FD back then (i was lvl 40-50 he was 400) little less then D1E DEATH (lvl 800-1k iirc) found out that FD scammed as soon smok came on i told him and he got boot ( FD was also counc) D1E became counc left some weeks later, smok quitted, me and Freek1A/thijs/Aku'Qa and few others made a new team (DaRk WaRrIoRs iirc) me (lvl <100 noob) director Freek1A was lvl 300+ and the other dudes where 200+ both counc made my first 300m!! from a baobab planet hada 7b+ colo in gal didnt know what we had to do with it i was gone for 2 weeks others left for other teams joined Freek1A again and always keep stalking him joined armageddon wolves then it fused with blazing angels 3-4 unis back (that was the time i became uber(for me)) that uni was very important to me became lvl 150 in my EFF ( still havent used any augs) BA disbanded for no reason got pissed joined with higarian leader did a lot for the team ( those whole 2 weeks it was alive) noone became counc hig never logged after some time i left joined a noob team for 30 mins then saw someone recruiting for UC (<3<3<3<3) i joined made my first bil from jeys cap augs ( buying minor and basic make them std and sell) after 1 week in UC and lvl 200 i was officer (<3 masterful) lvled to around 550 got my hands on Mr Ping got 50b bought a panther from jey and a CaL Z+ from goett auged the panther CaL Z+ sup combi and caly made it SD and got powned first time in UZ by DIE (<3) left UZ for what it was for 2 unis keep hating DIE (that where those times helro)...

WARNING!! story not ended yet will add when i have time

/me is no lifer 681 words!!! huge memory when it becomes to my past in SS and in the time i posted this 3 more noobs posted someting

s_m_w wrote:
Space Dragons! Because normal dragons are not awesome enough.

Sat May 21, 2011 4:08 pm

Team: pantalones
Main: Bracek-
Level: 2445

I remember my noob shop and I lost it too many times and I kept building it over and over... Damn Pax Astro's. :D

Sat May 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: BoomBoomFiahPowa
Level: 1292

i remember leveling my level 300 in a pax celestica laying titans in copper 7 :lol:

assasinat3r wrote:
Because when it comes to Churchill everyone is on their period.

crackaman wrote:
3x Arsonist so he burns your house down and kills you and your family.

did I go too far?

Sat May 21, 2011 4:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: MathNerd
Level: 1428

i remember:

getting lost in the nexus after 5 minutes of play and having to start a new account.

trying to cram gear for a base into 50 space because i didnt know of extensors.

not knowing about stasis gens

getting a slave with a trading bot and wondering why it wont attack

i also remember my sister trying to buy manhours in trade because it was on a BP :lol:

/war Eminence Front :mrgreen:

Fallen- wrote:
CAN SOME ON WITH A FUCKING BRIAN POST HERE ASIDE FROM MY SELF ?

Sat May 21, 2011 10:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: swingarm
Level: 3168
Class: Speed Demon

About the only thing I remember from being a noob was flying around in my fwing through early pants galaxies(in early 2005 when they thought adonis was uber) marking high level AI's as I flew through and scooping their loot. Once when I was doing that and I marked this much higher level Izer(called nutty or something like that, when ubers weren't in DG's and roamed everywhere) and scooped an aug called a Zeus, I noticed the level of it and said to myself, "I can't use it now so I'll just put it in storage". A little later on in 2005 I saw my teammates were talking about this really valuable aug. I asked what is the name of this aug, they said, "Zeus". I then said I had one and they looked at me(in team chat) and said, "are you sure?" I looked to be sure and said Yes. They went on to tell me how valuable it was and how this character named Face(u know actually -_-, uber player) was looking for one. Arranged by a teammate(because I was still to new to pm high level players) I sold the aug to Face for 5 billion credits, 5 BILLION!!! In early 2005 this was ALOT of money for an item/aug. BTW, this was on my /dev/null character, I didn't do anything with swingarm until a few months later.

Cookin'!!

Scooters!

World's Largest Mainline Operating Steam Locomotive

Sat May 21, 2011 10:29 pm

Main: -defender-
Level: 2265

Quitting within 5mins of starting SS..because the recoil system was too new..and appeared so sux..weps shooting 2secs after firing ugh!! But decided to give another try anyway..

Amazed by Bizman's travel pax going so fast..

Swingarms drones xD ADs and all when they were cool..

Setting up a gal with like 15t3 bases to kill enforcer..but then dieing to mister perfect..

MF pax astro with excoms <3

Getting my bases raped when I was in Traders -_-

Then getting my bases raped by Traders when I left Traders..

Then getting my bases raped by wasup when EPIC went war vs Traders -_-

WillyWonka's stasised Rhino...made maybe 50b off it when I had total maybe 20b worth items/ships/gear/money. He got it refunded later though :) So win for both of us.

PA being an ass and giving a izer to someone way behind me in the list..even though I was the first :/

Used to level in a gal, but then Mercs came and protected it...was so happy when their bases were killed in the war :D

Never made it through in first attempt past those riddlilicous warps in that gal..what was the name?? :/

Sun May 22, 2011 1:29 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next