It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:55 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: L0L
Level: 1062
Class: Berserker

Post Noob Memories
yugioh124 wrote:
Sorry to sound noobish, but what IS micron?

Yugi gave me an idea.
What do you remember from being a noob?
I ragequit because I screamed "WTFHAX" in all after a DT killed me, because I didn't see the Dark Fist torpedo fly in and 1shot my Hotrod+, and nobody helped. And the 5 by 5 square of Adonis bases... good times.

Do you even remember your noob roots, for that matter? Because there's alot of people (Simon, Trevor, Church, Shawn, etc.) that seem like they've always been that level and never were a noob at any time.

/me looks at my join date
/me looks at level 800
:cry:

Kinky? Lets not go there...

I'm willing to go there ;)

blacker2359 wrote:
First thought: L0L playing C2? HOLY SHIT IT CAME OUT?!?
10 second later: I'm gonna kill L0L.

Thu May 19, 2011 8:56 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

Post Re: Noob Memories
Got stuck in bonnet and had to beg in all chat for help.

Yup.

Edit: I remember being on M.A.D. when Rick decided to split off and make MAD+. I was with them for 2 unis. <3 Beelze. I hated that Zelvax guy though. :|

My account is almost 4 years old and my alts are levels 490 and 700. :P Try to level a bit slower please.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Last edited by Visorak on Fri May 20, 2011 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thu May 19, 2011 9:01 pm
Profile WWW

Main: L0L
Level: 1062

Visorak wrote:
Got stuck in bonnet and had to beg in all chat for help.

Yup.

There still seriously should be a warning signpost near the warp, saying "Warning: Ambush ahead! Oh wait..." or something like that.

Kinky? Lets not go there...

I'm willing to go there ;)

blacker2359 wrote:
First thought: L0L playing C2? HOLY SHIT IT CAME OUT?!?
10 second later: I'm gonna kill L0L.

Thu May 19, 2011 9:03 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

Tobal one-shotting my f2p ass with a Fire Beam in the early days of Colo. I killed his level 100 SD alt though (or whatever class system was in place back then), which made me feel pretty awesome.

Almost crying when some Goldenboy Coin stole the Enforcer Radar I'd just gotten.

Ken le survivant using a Wing IV and an Incin to hunt Hues for me.

(Much later) Hermes offering to do Copper for me, then having to bail and regear from MDs to MMags since he couldn't power them well enough.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Thu May 19, 2011 9:08 pm

Team: None
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2266
Class: Fleet Commander

Lolwut? wrote:
Do you even remember your noob roots, for that matter? Because there's alot of people (Simon, Trevor, Church, Shawn, etc.) that seem like they've always been that level and never were a noob at any time.

/me looks at my join date
/me looks at level 800
:cry:

yeh, turns out i was never a noob :S

Thu May 19, 2011 9:12 pm
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

Lolwut? wrote:
There still seriously should be a warning signpost near the warp, saying "Warning: Ambush ahead! Oh wait..." or something like that.

Both bonnet exploration missions(pax and EF) mentions "It's a trap!". Yet people don't seem to get it...

Thu May 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Copernicus
Level: 884
Class: Gunner

Location: Here, floating in my tin can, far above the world...
I was still f2p, level 20. Still playing on dial-up at that time (it's the old timey Internet that would make strange noises on star up and would die if someone picked up a phone reciever.) I'd joined MAD (junior? minus? /shrugs) recently and was liking how people got along. I'd sit in the team galaxy and aggro any AI passerby that came by a trio of drones (two Adonis and an Ice I think) and scoop up credits by the 10s and 100s of thousands. If I was lucky, a Bulk or Wingship would drop 4 MILLION whole credits! I called these agrro points "Copernican Checkpoints;" and the seed that became CopernicanWerks was planted. :lol:

Ah, to be new in the Star Sonataverse, a whole (1-layer!) uni full of stuff to discover and many, many ways to get shot down. :)

F2P: Colonel Mustang

Thu May 19, 2011 9:48 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Assassin's Sniper
Level: 3061
Class: Shield Monkey

Got to lvl 200 then found out about astral travel.

+1 Internets

Thu May 19, 2011 9:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: Nirvana
Level: 2071

my 2 hera Zebu

chain podding bizman when he was first starting

Capitalist and DWO

chain podding helro in the pants v merc/traders war

Trevor when he was a noob and i had to help him with his bases :lol:

got plenty more too lazy to list

Lolwut? wrote:
assasinat3r wrote:
My mother is a space rat, what now?

And that makes you... what, exactly? Canadian?

Thu May 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Team: None
Main: The Procrastinator
Level: 20
Class: None

DarthFirebert wrote:
I was still f2p, level 20. Still playing on dial-up at that time (it's the old timey Internet that would make strange noises on star up and would die if someone picked up a phone reciever.) I'd joined MAD (junior? minus? /shrugs) recently and was liking how people got along. I'd sit in the team galaxy and aggro any AI passerby that came by a trio of drones (two Adonis and an Ice I think) and scoop up credits by the 10s and 100s of thousands. If I was lucky, a Bulk or Wingship would drop 4 MILLION whole credits! I called these agrro points "Copernican Checkpoints;" and the seed that became CopernicanWerks was planted. :lol:

Ah, to be new in the Star Sonataverse, a whole (1-layer!) uni full of stuff to discover and many, many ways to get shot down. :)

Haha I remember that! Good times bro...

Thu May 19, 2011 11:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: Deano!!
Level: 2565

I remember waiting around peoples bases for
the occasional tint to come along and shoot the bases, naturally, I'd pick up the credits :D

Then think I was rich because I had like 20mill

Fri May 20, 2011 1:08 am
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

I remember asking in all chat if I needed to save before closing the game, yes I was that much of a noob. That was the very first timed I played the game.

I remember the first bases one of my first teams built, I believe the team was Imperial Dreams (who later disbanded and some of us started The Common Wealth). The whole galaxy got wiped out by a AI equan called INeedAHug.

I remember my first trip into Goblin territory to train a skill, had to flee for my life when going back.

I remember Damen being at the top of the highest level player list at level 400.

I remember leveling on Goblins in my Agamemnon, my team mates all used Wingship IV but I refused to because I thought they where ugly. I was auged for high energy bank and had just enough to kill a Goblin so the others often had to wait for me to recharge.

I remember leveling on Gammas with my 1 Pos 1 Good cap Wingship IV (yes tech 13 augs on a tech 10 ship), it was all uber with a cloud flow, lunar blockade, F7 and a immo as only weapon.

I remember leaching of Calypsos agro drones when he ran for emp with the team Way of Calypso (I think it was). I was out of level range but the drones kept killing all the AIs so I sat there and scooped what they dropped (that was before I went P2P).
I later leveled up some more and decided to go back to that galaxy only to find out I was now in level range...so I died ^^ That is when I first learned about agro bases/drones.

I remember running for emp with Tobal when we built the palace in the boss level of a DG. Capitalists tried to stop us but it was impossible to attack the palace. I got the mighty DWO killed when he warped into the first level, I tractored him so he couldnt warp out and the bases killed him (yay).

I remember one of Pants emp runs (possibly the first one) where me, Tobal and Mauty tried to stop them. I tried tractoring the palace with a low level alt hoping that the drones protecting it would be out of my level range....they werent, I died :P Bizman warped in and asked what happened, I said I tried to tractor the palace and he laughed at me ^^

I remember when I first got piloting 20, Calypso and Scyron where using stealthy DM Paxes while me and Tarikn2 flew around using those items that lowers vis in a area that I cant remember the name of.

I remember Tobal entering a Concourse wormhole for the very first time (first of all players). He was all nervous thinking there would be something extremely cool and dangerous in there, I offered to come with him but he wanted to go alone so I sat outside waiting. Damn he was disappointed when he noticed that it was just a shortcut like Juxtapositions.

Fri May 20, 2011 2:43 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Threaten
Level: 2853
Class: Shield Monkey

i remember when bvb wasn't so stupid

Fri May 20, 2011 3:05 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035

Threaten wrote:
i remember when bvb wasn't so stupid

omg me too!

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Fri May 20, 2011 3:07 am
Profile E-mail

Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031
Class: Engineer

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Ah so many things to recall...

Occupying a few planets on my own in Black Pitch first uni I played SS.. f2ps could lay bases back then. I was on CFG led by Caius. Me and Matt still have noob alts on that team, making up the population of it. An enemy made himself known to us (Geo Stelar) and my bases happily raped his EFF, which I thought was a massive and very good ship, with adonis lazor beams. Then began the glorious BvB that we did. That went on for like 2 months then we got a truce :D. Mostly because my bases were kicking his ass.

I remember seeing someone in a dread and almost shitting my pants.

I was so afraid of goldenboys that I stayed in w0 a loooooong time.

I capped 6b in infernos with Laptop Boy. God that was a pain in the ass, 3b for each of us. We each went and got this awesome new big ship, the EFBS, and we thought it was SO COOL! I still have that dinosaur in my ship list.

Gacrux. BvB with Lajeah, this was the second uni I've been on PC. Me and Vipor (I THINK his char was named that) had built up a lot in Gacrux which was some out of the way w1 gal with a huge sun, roids, lots of planets. It had a pax ruin and lajeah wanted it though we did not know so at the time. He BvBed us pretty much destroying the gal, then Aidelon came in and roughed him up. I saw one of their droners deploy BFDs from his Pax (which were about 5x the size of my Wing 2) and wished I could get those someday. They look so much smaller now....

Being an FC with a slave swarm of SBPs, and Paxes on and off, and not finding out about stasis generators until level 600...

So yeah, some tales of intrigue.

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Fri May 20, 2011 3:21 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next