It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:14 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: T.H.S. Nemesis II
Level: 2635
Class: Fleet Commander

Post decision made
due to the horrible/terrible/downright shitty graphics and all the other issues with gameplay and all the other problems the game currently has, I am cancelling my sub. As of this time, only one thing could possibly change my mind on this subject. Dump C2 and bring back C1. Since this is not going to happen, the devs can chalk up 1 lost customer to this huge failure of a game. Maybe we as a playerbase could boycott, and force them to change back, but i wouldn't count on that happening either.

Since I will be leaving the game, I would like to thank all the members of EF for the wonderfully fun times I have had previously. I also would like to say goodbye to all the friends and even the enemies I have made. It was great knowing all of you.

Goodbye,

THS

Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

Post Re: decision made
Eh, come back next uni, they'll have it sorted out by then.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Profile E-mail

I'm not so sure cyg. They may be able to fix some of the bugs, but new ones will pop up...they always do. And honestly, I am seriously unhappy with the graphics, which I have stated all along...ever since the first preview movie/screenshots came out over a year ago, and I simply cannot play a game with such crap graphics. I lived through the Atari, and even the Oddessy for that matter, and even though the graphics are not quite that poor, they somehow seem like a step back in that direction to me.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:47 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918

I have to agree with THC on this one. Definitely a step back in my opinion. There are a lot of features in SS2, that I like, that I think could have been implemented in SS1 instead, but whats done is done.

Now we just have to help the dev's out by keep giving them feedback. Otherwise the game dies.
And I don't think anyone wants such an awesome game to be ruined by an un-lit spark of creativity.

- Paxx

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Red Faction
Main: Cirdan
Level: 1636
Class: Engineer

Sorry to see you go T.H.S. but i also may be following you.

I have stop my auto renew on my account and they have till my renew date to show changes to keep me around.

C2 i beleave it going to fall flat on it face and SS is going to lose it player base.

They should have use the player data base not the start a L1 for the last testing.

The 7day univ. to me it a Pre Pre-Bata release and need at least 6 month of work with a full time team on it somthing ss team cant do, maybe in 2 or 3 years if ss is still around by then.

It reminds me a a boss that says - We doing it on Day x ready or not we change.

BTW all - I have been working with computers since 1973 and seen a lot of big name players in the computer field come and go.
DEC, Novel, Compaq, to name a few.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:42 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163

Instead of saying "shit graphics", how about you make an actual fucking suggestion for what you would like to see different instead of rage-quitting? I'm getting pretty tired of vague ambiguous insults.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:52 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: None
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 2837
Class: Shield Monkey

biggee531 wrote:
Instead of saying "shit graphics", how about you make an actual fucking suggestion for what you would like to see different instead of rage-quitting? I'm getting pretty tired of vague ambiguous insults.

Here's your answer "SHIT TEXTURE GRAPHICS". I am also not subbing until I believe the game has been fixed. Until then Biggee I suggest you take the "shit graphics" as a hint that the graphics is shit!

Last edited by Markoz on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:01 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

biggee531 wrote:

For a more detailed suggestion, the graphics and models looked like they had more detail(high graphics), while the ss2 ships look like they are stretched, flatted, and much lower detail.

Idk. The game seems much lower detail than expected. Was hoping for an exact copy of textures from c1, applied to 3d models. Don't even get me started on certain T20 LF's.

The "eye-candy" so to speak, seems a bit far fetched imo. If a player had to choose between a blown up less detailed ss2 3d model and a much more detailed and better depth looking 2d, I'm pretty sure 2d would be chosen.

I think the best way to figure out which is more prettiful, is to send pictures of various things in ss gameplay, and have ss1 version on left, and ss2 version on right, and send the whole group to random review sites.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:02 pm

Exactly.

I would much rather have well drawn and shaded 2D graphics than the cartoony stuff currently being passed off as the next generation.

And there is no "rage-quit" here. There is no rage/anger here. I simply do not like what I see, and will not spend money on something I do not like. That would be the same as telling a restaurant owner that you loved the fly in your soup.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Sorry to see people leave and sorry to admit i will be subing.....1 ACC out of 9.As for tring to boycott that wont work its clear they don't care about what players from ss1 say they think they will get enough new people to replace us.

PS: slim chance SS might pull out of it and it could turn good but at the rate people are leaving atm well if you don't got funds to run a game then you cant create it

Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:02 am
Profile E-mail

Main: UrQa Vazuk Qii
Level: 2468

You guys are funny, and not even worthy of playing this game with that kind of behavior. Glad to see you go!

Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:29 am

Markoz wrote:
biggee531 wrote:

Here's your answer "SHIT TEXTURE GRAPHICS". I am also not subbing until I believe the game has been fixed. Until then Biggee I suggest you take the "shit graphics" as a hint that the graphics is shit!

Thanks for proving my point further. Glad to see you guys leaving if you're gonna rage-quit within the first week of launch.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:

Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:39 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Matrix
Main: Asmodeaan
Level: 282

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
biggee531 wrote:

For a more detailed suggestion, the graphics and models looked like they had more detail(high graphics), while the ss2 ships look like they are stretched, flatted, and much lower detail.

Idk. The game seems much lower detail than expected. Was hoping for an exact copy of textures from c1, applied to 3d models. Don't even get me started on certain T20 LF's.

The "eye-candy" so to speak, seems a bit far fetched imo. If a player had to choose between a blown up less detailed ss2 3d model and a much more detailed and better depth looking 2d, I'm pretty sure 2d would be chosen.

I think the best way to figure out which is more prettiful, is to send pictures of various things in ss gameplay, and have ss1 version on left, and ss2 version on right, and send the whole group to random review sites.

This is a fairly accurate description for why alot of people are upset with the C2 system. I myself love the detail in the environment. The planets and suns are simply amazing. However the sheer difference in detail between the old ships and the new ships is quite depressing as they lost a massive amount of detail for very little gain. And biggee you should know reacting like that doesn't give your side a valid argument either.
If there is a way to increase the details on the ships without seriously reducing FPS I am sure a great number of people would be satisfied.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:48 am

There is an insane amount of work involved in modeling and texturing even just 1 ship, much less several hundred. Providing specific suggestions for specific ships, or just in a general sense of direction for the way you'd like to see things is infinitely more productive than just saying "it's all shit".

If you're inherently opposed to C2 from the beginning because you like C1 or don't like change, there's little hope for changing your mind if you're just going to give up within 72 hours of launch. Going into it with an immature attitude, ambiguously criticizing change and showing no appreciation for anything the admins/devs do is a good way to be treated like a child.

EDIT:

Battlecruiser23 wrote:

This is all productive feedback.

Many of the models are place-holders and will be re-done eventually. Feathers didn't like the original DS model, so he made a bad-ass one. Eventually, I can see all ships getting a graphical upgrade. Currently it is all volunteer work and there are only a handful of people that are even capable of modeling a usable model, not to mention texturing them which is an entirely different beast altogether.

Hooghthegreat wrote:
due to the horrible/terrible/downright shitty graphics and all the other issues with gameplay and all the other problems the game currently has, I am cancelling my sub.

This is vague as fuck and seems childish. You don't go into any detail to explain, or even make any suggestions. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i haven't seen any productive topics by you in suggestions suggesting changes for things you don't like. Hence rage-quitting.

anilv wrote:

Bonecrusher wrote:

Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:12 am
Profile E-mail YIM

OK...here's the rage you seem to want....Biggee....go fuck yourself. Your attitude here makes me wonder which admin is plugging your hole. How's that for rage?

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:42 pm