It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:43 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163
Class: Engineer

Post Re: decision made
Bonecrusher wrote:

Aww, you didn't rant about the explosive knockbacks.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:27 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
biggee531 wrote:
Bonecrusher wrote:

Bonecrusher wrote:
Then some bright jack ass decided to add speed bumps around the stellar objects. Nice graphics 101 project but has no place in a game like SS. The same for the moronic concussion effect when an AI ship blows.

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:56 pm
Profile E-mail

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
biggee531 wrote:
Bonecrusher wrote:

Bonecrusher wrote:
Then some bright jack ass decided to add speed bumps around the stellar objects. Nice graphics 101 project but has no place in a game like SS. The same for the moronic concussion effect when an AI ship blows.

I knew he would bring it up! Honestly, whenever I see bonecrusher post, I just skim it and look for keywords because I know that he's going to keep bitching about stuff he thinks should be changed. It doesn't matter what topic, he always brings up the same stuff over and over again.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:

Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:07 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Traders
Main: Bonecrusher
Level: 2144
Class: Shield Monkey

biggee531 wrote:
Bonecrusher wrote:

biggee531 wrote:
It doesn't matter what topic, he always brings up the same stuff over and over again.

I wouldn't have to if SS were owned and operated by someone with even one neuron that understood anything about physics and two neurons that knew how to make a decent space based game that people would pay to play.

You'll also notice that the C2 FEEDBACK topic was removed from the forums... the devs just don't give a crap what we, the paying customers think.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:42 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

If the devs weren't doing something right in the first place, you wouldn't have started playing in the first place.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:48 pm

Griffin wrote:
If the devs weren't doing something right in the first place, you wouldn't have started playing in the first place.

And then JeffL took it over and started mucking about.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Getsuga Tenshou
Level: 1799
Class: Berserker

C2 is still kinda fun, but SS hasn't been at its grand master level of fun since it was a much simpler game. Somewhere along the way we got lost in our complicated factory parts... and the "difficulty" of the game started becoming more tedious than challenging.

Granted there was alot of imbalance to throwing base gear on thatches and Snipers being all around, the best class. BUT IT WAS FUN! (even before all that)

I dont know why your tripping out about graphics, Id understand about the bugs (even though C2 was just release). I like the graphics that C2 is moving towards, even though its not all there yet.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:11 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Tech9
Level: 1923

Wow Nem, I missed your quitting post for this long!? :P

I thought you'd just disappeared!

Either way, one thing I've noticed lately is that they've really made a lot of improvements to C2.

At the start I found it downright unbearable and confusing, it was hard enough just flying around and most stuff looked hideous. But with the recent patches things are starting to look a lot nicer. The UI still needs work, especially the radar, but that's quite obviously just a placeholder and for me I find it a lot less of a headache to work my way around the UI now what with it being a lot less buggy and an overall pain in the ass. I can even run SS at the highest settings now without it turning my laptop into an oven!

It still isn't at what I'd say is an acceptable level in comparison to the old C1 but you can't deny that they're making progress and I reckon that in the end C2 will far outshine C1, they've just got a lot of fine-tuning left to go.

The one major disappointment I still have so far is the lack of admin-player interaction, there aren't enough official update posts happening. I can skim the forums once every few weeks and feel like no progress is being made, even if there is, you just don't see it on the surface.

That, in my opinion is a major oversight. Having such a disparity makes the game feel depressing. It's like a player coming along and thinking "When's the next update? They haven't said anything in weeks, it must be vaporware now! Do they even care about the game?" I'm sure that gets the point across.

Honestly, if I didn't have Jey talking about how he's fixing bugs on his beta client I would think you guys were dead.

P.S. I know Jeff's making a ton of posts but unless you're Churchill or trawl through his post list you're going to miss most of them, I'm talking about stuff in the more noticable forums like the first category.

EDIT: Here's an example

Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:28 am

Team: Combustion
Main: Combustion
Level: 5116

C1 had rollbacks which was the only problem I had with it.
As for C2, when one bug gets fixed, another 3 or more appear. C2 was released too damn early. C1 was absolutely fine, To be honest I dont actually remember anyone asking for a 3D SS.

XxTommyxX, Daedalus, Combustion, Dr Eggman, Dr Combustica, Joew121, fghetfs

password wrote:
dang trevor....you take this game so serious :roll:

Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: __
Level: 2482

Actaully, everyone was raging for C2. Remember the good old "SoonTM"? Yeah. Brought to you by the color 'c2'.

And each bug that gets fixed polishes this gemstone even further out of the manure pile. No matter what you did with C1, it would just be a slightly shinier part of that same manure pile.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:03 pm
Profile E-mail

Thats because after about 4 years they just stopped caring about C1 and turned all their attention to C2. where else do you think the excuse "that is going to be fixed in C2" came from?

password wrote:

Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:40 am
Profile E-mail

Tomzta09 wrote:
Thats because after about 4 years they just stopped caring about C1 and turned all their attention to C2. where else do you think the excuse "that is going to be fixed in C2" came from?

There's no point in splitting your resources to work on 2 big projects at once if one of them will be obsolete.

anilv wrote:

Bonecrusher wrote:

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:12 am
Profile E-mail YIM

biggee531 wrote:
There's no point in splitting your resources to work on 2 big projects at once if one of them will be obsolete.

The basic problem with this statement is OBSOLETE in who's mine? It sure wasn't OBSOLETE in the minds of the thirty to forty PAYING players who quit after taking a look at C2.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Bonecrusher wrote:
biggee531 wrote:

The basic problem with this statement is OBSOLETE in who's mind? It sure wasn't OBSOLETE in the minds of the thirty to forty PAYING players who quit after taking a look at C2.

The Dictionary wrote:
No longer produced or used; out of date.

You can't develop a game for the minority of the active player-base; you might be able to quell all the constant whiners, then you realize the part of the player-base that actually mattered would be upset, aka the majority. The worst part is, all the people that are classified as constant whiners would still whine, plus all the people you just pissed off due to developing with the minority in mind.

L2Troll moar plix.

anilv wrote:

Bonecrusher wrote:

Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:20 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

biggee531 wrote:
Bonecrusher wrote:
biggee531 wrote:

The basic problem with this statement is OBSOLETE in who's mind? It sure wasn't OBSOLETE in the minds of the thirty to forty PAYING players who quit after taking a look at C2.

The Dictionary wrote:
No longer produced or used; out of date.

You can't develop a game for the minority of the active player-base; you might be able to quell all the constant whiners, then you realize the part of the player-base that actually mattered would be upset, aka the majority. The worst part is, all the people that are classified as constant whiners would still whine, plus all the people you just pissed off due to developing with the minority in mind.

L2Troll moar plix.

L2STFU moar plix.

password wrote:

Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:34 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next