It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:26 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Post Re: For the record
Afaik:

RF/SP vs Pant gal(s) during FD vs SP war
DM vs Trader's Alliance gals(all of them) last uni
SP vs DM gal this uni

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:01 am

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129
Class: Shield Monkey

rand4505 wrote:
That effectively would be the same thing. There is no point in BvBing if you can not cap bases.

Like real war, it is economic expansion through other means.

If the ability to cap bases was limited to wars that were mutually declared, that would be a built in check to prevent a nastier possibility.

So you cant cap other peoples ships in pvp vs ships, why should you be able to cap all their bases in one go? I'm glad jeff has seen sense, because listening to people like hooch is bad because he only comes back for a few weeks each year to cause some people misery then he skips off again when he gets bored.

Glad Jeff is listening to the wider playerbase who are more likely to be the victims of this horrible mechanic than people like hooch who are only aiming to use it to make people quit.

WOW does alright for subs and as far as I'm aware you can't force people to take losses in that game, so saying in any mmo you must take losses from the more powerful guys is rubbish...

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:15 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

Most of SP players says its unfair that traditional way of capping base takes way to long, that using outpost to claim bases is very difficult because it takes 10 minutes after all bases are dead, and yes they even emphasized how difficult it is.

Excuse me, base gear can take up to 20 days to build a piece, and ur aiming mainly for this gear, and you fucking complain that it takes too long to claim gear from some1 who spent months building said gear?
Excusing that you can lose base kits trying to claim that gear?
And you people call some1 a carebear over that?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:38 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Prommilypicklesomnom
Level: 3207
Class: Engineer

syberian wrote:
Most of SP players says its unfair that traditional way of capping base takes way to long, that using outpost to claim bases is very difficult because it takes 10 minutes after all bases are dead, and yes they even emphasized how difficult it is.

Excuse me, base gear can take up to 20 days to build a piece, and ur aiming mainly for this gear, and you fucking complain that it takes too long to claim gear from some1 who spent months building said gear?
Excusing that you can lose base kits trying to claim that gear?
And you people call some1 a carebear over that?

Shut up for once in your life Sybir...
It's more to do with the hours/days and billions spent on prep, then the difficulty and hours of pure no-afk 100% concentration that it requires to do....Not everyone can do 8h stretches, and it's harder to get like 20 people to.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:57 am
Profile E-mail

You simply don't deserve the gear if u can't do that, do you expect it to be easy, stressless and quick?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:04 am

Team: Zephyr
Main: Destroyer Of Worlds
Level: 3221
Class: Speed Demon

If someones bases die to you .. this usually proves that your gear is better than theirs. So why would you want their gear which is worse?

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Full stops go after the closed brackets. L2grammarNazi.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:06 am
Profile E-mail

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: FFs V
Level: 3006

Species 8472 wrote:
If someones bases die to you .. this usually proves that your gear is better than theirs. So why would you want their gear which is worse?

Im not even going to bother to reply to this one because it is so fing stupid... oh wait :lol:

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:16 am
Profile E-mail

syberian wrote:
You simply don't deserve the gear if u can't do that, do you expect it to be easy, stressless and quick?

You're saying people who can't let their whole day and a fair bit of their week revolve around an online game don't deserve the same opportunities as the others who do?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:23 am
Profile E-mail

andezrhode3 wrote:
syberian wrote:

You're saying people who can't let their whole day and a fair bit of their week revolve around an online game don't deserve the same opportunities as the others who do?

Generalising, are we?
Those opportunities your speaking about is base gear that took someone long weeks to build.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:29 am

Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2157

Dm/legion hasn't capped bases by dropping outpost before church. Where do you get your information cause pretty sure you just made that up.

andezrhode3 wrote:
syberian wrote:

Sure. Play to win? (Unless I'm totally reading this wrong...)

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:32 am
Profile E-mail

syberian wrote:
andezrhode3 wrote:
syberian wrote:

Generalising, are we?
Those opportunities your speaking about is base gear that took someone long weeks to build.

Those "long weeks" you speak of don't actually require the player to be online, active at the computer for say, 20 days for the longest build.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:37 am
Profile E-mail

But you still have to wait those 20 days. Spending 8 hours to cripple some1 for 20 days doesn't seem much imo. Spending 4 hours to take away all base gear in gal in one shot is way too little.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:44 am

syberian wrote:
But you still have to wait those 20 days. Spending 8 hours to cripple some1 for 20 days doesn't seem much imo. Spending 4 hours to take away all base gear in gal in one shot is way too little.

It's one of those things that is pretty much impossible to balance efficently..

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:49 am
Profile E-mail

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: FFs V
Level: 3006

syberian wrote:

I dont know if you can see the big picture, but it took more then 8 hours to make SBP what it is now.

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:51 am
Profile E-mail

VatFF wrote:
syberian wrote:

I dont know if you can see the big picture, but it took more then 8 hours to make SBP what it is now.

You really make life easy for morons to understand don't you :)

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:53 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next