It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:15 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 3306
Class: Speed Demon

Post Re: Why Bases No Longer Blow Up...
because jeff answers tickets?

can we stay at least on topic...

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:49 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 2763
Class: Gunner

I am looking at one now that he did.

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:49 pm
Profile YIM

Main: FracOMac
Level: 3361
Class: Engineer

erman wrote:
You all don't need to get all sore over this.

These types of responses were not unexpected though, which is why I put that little part about me only really caring about what Jeff thinks. We'll see if he'll show up in this thread still...

Obvious BS, as Hooch said. You posted this on a public forum, if you only cared about Jeff's response you would have submitted a ticket or sent a PM instead.

erman wrote:
Traders isn't in any aggressive wars right now, so I'm not sure what you are talking about us losing something...

-ERMAN

I specifically said "conflict", its obviously not a full blown war. If breaking an alliance (DM) to form a new alliance that is essentially against us and has the stated goal of controlling Anatolia (which we have taken back, despite Traders & DM's best efforts) isn't a "conflict", then I guess I need a new dictionary. The original goals of your alliance ("defense" and sharing the palace between you) have not been met so yeah, I'd say you're "losing".

erman wrote:
You really think this will NEVER happen to you?

I've played this game for a long time and I've lost a lot of bases and gear, I'd be surprised if it didn't lose any more in the future. Losing bases has always been a part of the game and I've made a point to never deploy what I can't afford to lose.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:52 pm

I like the tension developing between frac and erman here!

u emp, bro?

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: BlackDragon
Level: 1876

I preface this, like most things I comment on these days, that my comment may be outdated but I've been around in this game for a while and have seen things like this happen before.

First comment, to Sky, how exactly would another team exactly plan on packing up their gal after its been totally destroyed assuming the attackers bases still reside within their gal? Im sure you could slowly try and maneuver an SS through the gal relying purely on the invincibility aura, again assuming no attacker shows up and shoves you back out.

Second comment, I dont remember who said it but someone mentioned that some people may not have foreseen the consequences that went along with this code.

I have see (and been a part of) many people using a tactic a way the Admins did not intend. If the admins did not intend for the mechanic to be used for people to acquire others base gear, then clearly it needs to be reevaluated.

I think that point is ultimately what ERMAN is looking for.

~BD

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:10 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

It sounds like a bug. You're saying that as soon as you drop the outpost, you can then claim the other bases immediately and their owners get no chance at all to get the stuff off?

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:15 am
Profile WWW

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 2610
Class: Engineer

JeffL wrote:
It sounds like a bug. You're saying that as soon as you drop the outpost, you can then claim the other bases immediately and their owners get no chance at all to get the stuff off?

5 minutes after the galaxy is owned (maybe 10?), any dead bases in the galaxy owned by any other team go unowned, and then can be docked at by any member of the new owning team to claim them and loot as they please.

I should point out that in the case of BvB, the attackers will be able to own it instantly after the last base is killed (unless I'm missing something), and realistically the likelihood of a sing sphere surviving at all in the 20 minutes up to that last death and the 5 minutes after in order to recover base gear and stuff is essentially nil. Even if you're spamming tweaks like a madman, serious PvP'ers are going to rip you to shreds. Plus the ada kit that just raped your galaxy is going to have something to say as well (missed an adv blocker for 0.2s? there goes all your shields!). Needless to say in a very spread-out galaxy the likelihood of getting to everything in 5 minutes, even without any opposition, is pretty low...

So yeah, thats how it works right now Jeff.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:52 am
Dev Team

Team: None
Main: The SI
Level: 0
Class: None

The offensive uses of this were never considered, so as of next patch dead bases will be exempt from the "behind enemy lines" abandonment.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:17 am
Profile E-mail

I enjoyed the prompt dev response to this.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:31 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620
Class: Berserker

erman wrote:
Traders isn't in any aggressive wars right now, so I'm not sure what you are talking about us losing something...

-ERMAN

Quote:
I specifically said "conflict", its obviously not a full blown war. If breaking an alliance (DM) to form a new alliance that is essentially against us and has the stated goal of controlling Anatolia (which we have taken back, despite Traders & DM's best efforts) isn't a "conflict", then I guess I need a new dictionary. The original goals of your alliance ("defense" and sharing the palace between you) have not been met so yeah, I'd say you're "losing".

Lolz, so far anyone on Traders has a positive k/d. And you only beat us because we had insane client lag (Sources tell me some of you guys were using skinned clients to perform that attack, but i'll probably get flamed for that since I can't prove it. Also I don't think it's illegal or anything just kind of lame.) and you had to wake up for it at 6 am or so, so nobody on Traders was on. Any 1 on 1 assault you would've lost. I remember us doing 2 assaults with you guys actually online and we got way further then after your first assault after which you guys pretty much gave up, because we were superior. Also we didn't had to resort to having someone sit in palace 24/7 to non stop spam grav disses, as I am sure that's what their purpose was when they got created >.>

So don't gimme no 'bullshit' about 'losing', only lame tactics using flaws in the game made you kill that palace, not really something worth bragging about. Especially not from a team who are widely proclaiming they are undefeatable, the very best most awesome and modest (lulzboat) team ingame filled with good people resembling ancient greek gods and heroes.

But hey, that's just my 2 cents.

On a side note, glad to see this will get fixed now. Although I'm completely in favor of getting shit blown up :P

Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:51 am
Profile E-mail

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: FFs V
Level: 3006
Class: Shield Monkey

thijs12b wrote:
Lolz, so far anyone on Traders has a positive k/d.

:lol:
Quote:
Everything else

:lol:

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:07 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387

Who defines what "flaws" and "lame" tactics are? You? I mean there are a couple of points up for contention here.

1. You have no proof we were using skinned clients. I'm pretty sure i was not, for one. "If" we were (We weren't) why couldn't you do the same? As further support to show you how ridiculous your claims of skinned clients are: My client runs at normally 150 fps on my desktop before this most recent patch. During that anatolia assault, it was at 4 fps which did not go down even further if I MCed. This would suggest that computer lag was not the actual cause of the problems and that skinning it would have made little to no difference. I think you might point out removing particles would have been a major improvement? That would be false. During 90% of the attack, the lag killer deleted any weapons effects; Ie I shoot and I don't see bullets. My fps was still at 4.

2. You're statements of a positive K/D cannot be verified. Our successful denial of your emp claim however, can be.

3. Yes you didn't have to resort to someone sitting on the palace spamming Grav disrupters. Guess what? I don't have to resort to using weapons and shields on my combat ship if I don't want to either. You're inability to anticipate situations is by large your fault. What you didn't do is not our fault, it's yours.

4. I don't see how attacking the palace at times when no one is on, is a "lame" tactic. I would have called it "smart" and "well thought out". However, if you beg to differ, you're more then welcome to show us how utterly cool you are and attack us next time when 15 of us are on. Tell me how it goes.

In summary, whatever tactics we used are "lame" and "flawed" because you simply didn't get around to using them.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:08 am

Team: Zephyr
Main: Destroyer Of Worlds
Level: 3221

JeffL wrote:

SI wrote:
The offensive uses of this were never considered, so as of next patch dead bases will be exempt from the "behind enemy lines" abandonment.

If it is unintentional then should not the people severely affected (ie mandy) recently be helped with this matter at least. Just transfer thermal's sing sphere contents to mandy :) that'll help.

Also is there not something fishy about using a NON-TEAMED player throughout a conflict .. then joining them to the team to use to own the bases. Not sure if that seems right abusive if you ask me.

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Full stops go after the closed brackets. L2grammarNazi.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:45 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387

It's not like you can't counter a none teamed alt. Shoot it...war it...wait till it shoots you... direct your drones at it...direct your bases at it... I don't see anything largely exploited/abused in this situation. You will have to be more specific instead of throwing accusations in the dark and hoping something will come of it.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:50 am

Team: Zephyr
Main: Destroyer Of Worlds
Level: 3221

zhuang281 wrote:
It's not like you can't counter a none teamed alt. Shoot it...war it...wait till it shoots you... direct your drones at it...direct your bases at it... I don't see anything largely exploited/abused in this situation. You will have to be more specific instead of throwing accusations in the dark and hoping something will come of it.

That alt is free to dock at bases without being shot at and then become teamed.

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Full stops go after the closed brackets. L2grammarNazi.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:57 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next