It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Team: AUSTRALIA
Main: Bastamental
Level: 1836
Class: Seer

Post Re: Remove "unseen by target" and add to strength
My current setup is 2 AoS, Conc, A+

Thats 2 augs that add shields, I get about 20k shields with my eclipse blockade* amped, before my long list of reson gear.

I understand that its probably not going to ever be that much shield bonus, but its giving an idea to the devs and admins, ya know, the people who actually make decisions. But honestly I dont care about the shield part, im happy with my sheilds. I just want to discuss the critical hit strength while visible or when hidden.

/backontopic

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:15 pm

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

/facepalm

On another note, your suggestion completely ignores the fact that low level Seers have trouble levelling. All you seem to care about in this thread is how you can further benefit yourself.

So yeah, what's your idea to help make Seer more appealing to lower levels?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Your a fucking idiot. I already made a mid lvl seer suggestion, that so far has gotten any real feedback other than /notsigned from confusion.

Also, edited the topic.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:21 pm

Why would the admins try fixing this problem by adding in gear which obviously breaks the balance sheets by aproximately 10 tech levels instead of going straight to the source? If the admins were to make a line of overpowered ships for Seer, this would restrict Seers to not have the versatility of having a choice of any other ship. Not only that, but said suggested ship line would make for incredibly broken slaves that would provide an unfair advantage both in and out of PvE. The only way to fix that would be to hard code the ships so they cannot be slaves. This would set a precedence in Star Sonata development and ultimate end up nasty. Therefore, overpowered equipment is not a just solution for fixing a class that is extremely underpowered at lower levels.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:31 pm

You dont change a class because the low lvls struggle, this will only benefit them. This will give them REAL STATS in there class. Its common knowledge that at this point, seer is mostly effected by its augmenters. If seers got a class beef like this, I will tweak the ship in the other setup in order to better fit balance. Im not biast for seers, I just have lots of hands on experience in every aspect of the class. Enough to make an informed decision that this is what seer needs. Its the first suggestion from me that couldn't make more sense. Stop looking at the actual numbers, just the idea of the suggestion. The idea is that, if you are visible, your dps goes up alot. Meaning that you wont 1 hit things like previous beef topics for seer. Its simply extending the uniqueness of the class.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:43 pm

Obviously you don't know, because you can't say "fuck you" to the balance sheets and get what you want.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:18 am

Team: None
Main: Blizzara
Level: 2100
Class: Engineer

Definition of a good suggestion:
1) Balanced
2) Has flavour (fits to the SS universe, roles of classes etc)

My opinion: This thread fails at both.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: The_Ultimatum
Level: 3982
Class: Engineer

Bastamental wrote:
NOTE: The shield recharge suggestion was Griffin's idea.

Note to AEM: The idea is that it has dps abilities comparable to a zerk or sniper. But have balanced dph. All controlled by critical hit strength when visible, or not.

New Seer Stats wrote:
Seers 'See all.' The Seer Class gives +2% Damage, +1% Ethereal weapon damage +1.5% Shield Recharge

Psionic Shrouding: 'Shroud yourself in a mental fog.' +5% Stealth, +5% Critical hit resistance
Psychic Sight: 'Use your 6th sense to know your enemy.' +5% Vision, +10% Critical hit damage
Shadow Ambush: 'Wait until their backs are turned.' +3% Critical Hit Percentage, +5% Critical hit damage when unseen by target, +3% Damage when striking from behind

And lets start.

Remove "unseen by target"

Why?
Because, as far as im concerned, 2 AoS is the building block of any t20 seer setup. Without it, your pretty fail. [Not open for discussion]

With that being said. I think its wrong to have 2 art of __ augs in any setup. Not for cost or whatever, but its too much aug slots required for a simple gain of 80% crit hit rate.

If "unseen by target" was removed. Then with only 1 AoS, I would have 100% critical hit rate! That means, I basicly have 1 more free aug slot for a really cool, dps related aug that adds sheild, damage and rof. Like CaP or CaL for example.

This would not only help seers move away from "glass canon" setups, but would actually help seers get an actual source of dps!

Adding critical hit strength

Yes. Its the most unique way a seer gets their damage from! I can only think of about 4 augmenters that actually add critical hit strength, that aren't seer augs. Its like that for a very big reason.

1 huge idea. That seems quite genius actually. For reference, this are seer's current stats.

Star Sonata Wiki wrote:
Seers 'See all.' The Seer Class gives +2% Damage, +1% Ethereal weapon damage and improved Warp abilities such that at Seer Class 16, you can pass through Warp 4 gates such as Juxtaposition and The Serengeti. These stats are also amplified by 3 tertiary skills availible only to Seer Class via the Seer's Conclave in Lyceum:

Psionic Shrouding: 'Shroud yourself in a mental fog.' +5% Stealth, +5% Critical hit resistance
Psychic Sight: 'Use your 6th sense to know your enemy.' +5% Vision, +5% Critical hit damage
Shadow Ambush: 'Wait until their backs are turned.' +3% Critical Hit Percentage when unseen by target, +3% Damage when striking from behind

Ok, so how about this for a revised stat.

New Seer wrote:
Seer Class gives +2% Damage, +1% Ethereal weapon damage +1.3% Shield Recharge

Psychic Sight: 'Use your 6th sense to know your enemy.' +5% Vision, +10% Critical hit damage

Shadow Ambush: 'Wait until their backs are turned.' +3% Critical Hit Percentage, +5% Critical hit damage when unseen by target, +3% Damage when striking from behind

The stats are an example of what I want to see, 10% crit str is probobly too much, but the point is. For a dph seer, the str is the same. For a dps visible seer, the dps is great.

What does this mean? It means you wont get 1 shot by a dph seer. But, it also means a visible seer is very deadly, and very useful in oly or such.

Harmony!

Wait your suggesting Removing crit hit chance from class skils and increasing crit damage? are you a bit mad there are few augs that add enough crit chance together to get 100% without this bonus from class skils and seer Does Not need crit hit percentage increased, this suggestion seriously would support end game more than newer players... if you want seer to be more newbi friendly then i would suggest a nice low range low recharge warp device which is low tech enough to be insanely useful for a lower level to escape a few bulllets the ai volly at them

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i46 ... dowsig.png

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51269&p=628888#p628888

/thread

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:00 pm

This topic was miss written and is eternal condemned. I will start this fresh.

Request Delete/Lock

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.

Paxx wrote:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:03 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2