It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:25 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

Post Capital Defensive Augmenter
Current stats:

Shield +50%, Speed +5%, Shield Recharge +20%, Hull Space +20%, Radar 100%, Resistance to damage +25% Capital Ship Only

This augmenter needs to be changed slightly. Take out the +50% Shield and put it into resists or shield recharge.

Why? Most Capital Ships have inbuilt shield bonuses which do not multiply with augmenter bonuses. Because of this, the +50% shields can only end up adding ~22k shields at most, which is nothing.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:29 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Post Re: Capital Defensive Augmenter
+25% resist is not enough?

Two of those augs would give me 70% to mining, 82% to most, and 93% to physical.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:11 pm
Content Dev

25% is already a crazy amount of resistance... I'd rather not get rid of the +50% to shields, simply because in the future(tm), there might be some capital ships that don't have a few hundred percent shield bonus.

Even on normal capships, I feel like the extra 22k shields are a nice side effect, the focus of the aug is not the shield bonus

Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:35 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

Isn't it kind of a wasted attribute currently? The only capships that could possibly benefit from that shield augmentation is the Battlesphere and Massif 3.

The bottom line is that this augmenter doesn't factor in that nearly all Capships have tons of extra shields, and it has to pay for that in other areas because of it working into the balance sheets.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:45 pm

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024
Class: Engineer

The shield recharge, hull space, resistance, radar and speed alone is worth it. The added shields is just a bonus to an already amazing augmenter. If I still played Fleet Commander for solo-oriented play I would definitely use one of these augmenters on any T21 Capital Ship I would choose.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:55 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]