It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:03 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

Post Really bad lag, easy(?) fix to make it much better?
I was playing an it started to lag VERY bad, lag kill turned off the nebula back ground and all the lag stopped, then it turned on the background again after 3 seconds and continued to toggle between on and off every few seconds.

I would love to see more graphics options. Just one little check box to control whether the nebula background is on or off would get rid of 90% of my lag problems and as it seems this is already build into lag killer making it so players can turn it on/off manually doesn't seem that hard and well worth it.

Please support this if you agree.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:53 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Really bad lag, easy(?) fix to make it much better?
You can set LagKiller to stay at a specific level if you need it to. Under Options as well.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:11 pm

How?

Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791
Class: Shield Monkey

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
You can set LagKiller to stay at a specific level if you need it to. Under Options as well.

Pretty sure that was disabled last patch in favour of an automatic lag killer.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:34 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Oops, it was a slash command I was thinking of.

/LKLC <value> - Lower LogicFPS Limit
/LKUC <value> - Lower FPS Limit
/LKLG <value> - Upper LogicFPS Limit
/LKUG <value> - Upper FPS Limit

Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:02 pm

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791
Class: Shield Monkey

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Oops, it was a slash command I was thinking of.

/LKLC <value> - Lower LogicFPS Limit
/LKUC <value> - Lower FPS Limit
/LKLG <value> - Upper LogicFPS Limit
/LKUG <value> - Upper FPS Limit

Fairly sure those were also made obsolete, not 100% on that though.

As far as I know, lagkiller takes average fps and automatically kicks in if fps drops wildly below that for any length of time.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:36 am
Profile E-mail
Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 3267
Class: Fleet Commander

those commands are not obsolete, and are different from the old configs upper/lower value. those were made obsolete because pretty much noone used them correctly. The current live dynamic version is indeed not working as well as it could, but the version in the beta client should.

the /LKL and /LKU commands are to set the minimum and maximum levels the lagkiller (CPU and GPU respectively). so basicly if you do /LKUG 8 then the highest the lagkillerlevel for gpu would ever go is 8.

Those commands are meant mostly for debugging and performance optimisations (dont always want to profile with it moving around etc), but they are also excellent work around for players who want to control it manually.

Although all in all, rule of thumb is if your lagkiller icon flash too often, then your graphics are too high or your currently experiencing some code that was not optimised.

if you feel like your computer should had been able to display what it see when compared to other scene in the game, then please contact me with as many details as you can concerning whats going on (which gal, whats happening, what is your computer specs etc).

Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:31 am

Jey123456 wrote:
if you feel like your computer should had been able to display what it see when compared to other scene in the game, then please contact me with as many details as you can concerning whats going on (which gal, whats happening, what is your computer specs etc).

I don't quite understand what you meant with this. So I'll keep it here for now.

My specks are:

HP Pavilion dv6700 laptop
AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 2.00 GHz processor with
3 GB ram
32-bit windows 7 professional

In most galaxies and in most situation the game does not lag, however lag killer is running quite a lot and I'm fine with it.

Most if not all of the problems I am experiencing are from me not having more direct control of what the lag killer is doing. I'd prefer more option built into the UI but as long as I have direct control I don't care, meaning using commands is fine. Example /nonebula to turn off nebula permanently, and then just have a forum post explaining all the commands.

Some thing else I'd love to have the ability to manually turn off are tractor animations. There are potential problems while playing if you can't see a tractor but some times it'd be nice to turn them off since them and nebula seem to cause the most lag for me, followed by engine trails and weapon projectiles.

As for which galaxy I was lagging in, most of them. I think the one that motivated me to post was deflector or Brigand's Stronghold , I remember both were annoying me greatly. Deflector because trying to suicide over the base while lag was turning on/off was just horrible. In Brigand's Stronghold because I kept getting attacked since I was trying to farm pirate drones, it made the whole thing very hard and annoying, my drones would kill the drones before I could scoop mine because of lag.

I don't mean to come across as if I'm saying its so horrible. The game works 80% of the time pretty perfectly (lag killer cuts some stuff and I hardly notice most of the time) but those 20% of the time would be completely improved by, what to me seems and easy solution.

Edit: Also large rotating stars make me lag a bit.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:46 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]