It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:12 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Team: Eminence Front
Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Spaceship times
Why bother?

You can already destroy slaves completely with two clicks. Why can't we destroy any ship with the same utility? I agree that there needs to be a confirmation process, but the same could be said for the current release slave system.

Just replace "Release Slave" for slaves with "Destroy Ship" for all ships. And you can recover the ship for up to one week after it has been destroyed(nice number), so long as you have sufficient ship slots available.

Simple, has no problems, and cannot be exploited. Problem Solved.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:33 am
Profile E-mail

Forza has his app+ stasised in Lyceum. Someone killed him when the bug that makes offline peoples ships appear. Should admins fix this so he doesn't get spaceshipped?

Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:05 am
Profile E-mail

Visorak wrote:
Well crap. You just can't please anyone these days can you? Here you go off about being able to bypass the ship limit if you can retrieve scrapped ships. The last guy went off on how if an account is taken then someone can blow up all of your ships forever if you can't retrieve ships, which I thought was bull because you shouldn't ever share your pass.

But FINE. Whatever.

Ok. So you have a ship that you scrap. All the items are sold. The server saves the hull, and all augs. So that's maybe 6 lines of data maximum for hull and augs. This isn't a storage thatch with 5 billion items on it.

Also, I said to retrieve a ship you had to have an open ship slot. Right now, if you have 24 ships, assuming all your slave slots are full, you can only buy one ship. Say you scrap it and buy another, then your slots are full and you can't get the scrapped one back.

TL;DR: Scrapped ships last as long as stasised ships do currently. That is actually less broken than how it is now.

I'm just saying, it's completely unnecessary to switch around how ships are gotten rid of in game when the only problem is that you can get killed in the short time after you log off, leave for vacation, and come back and have no ship.

If there really is no difference, part 2 is unnecessary. Part 1 is simply auto tow. There is no real reason to do this. If the last part of the counter is frozen while the player is away, it should be relatively simple to get back inside, as they will be sitting on top of their ship and should notice quite quickly that they are not inside it. If they can't manage docking at either an ai station or at their own ship, they don't deserve their ship back.

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:45 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

Things that are relevant:

Ships should never spaceship without you being aware of it. Especially slaves.
Only t18- ships can be slaved, and released.
Its a pain in the ass to buy a bot and engine for every ship you want to get rid of.
You have to stasis high tech ships to get rid of them. It takes forever to spaceship.
They TAKE UP SLOTS while in stasis.
We have a max of 25 slots.

I just want a quick and simple way to get rid of 50 SBG shells, should I choose to cap them. A way to sell/scrap any hull to the AI base. Instantly.

But we have to make it idiot proof, as the mighty "Undo" button in the trade tab shows us. So a grace period is needed during which you can retrieve your HM should you or a 'vengeful pet' decide to scrap it.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2