It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:49 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387
Class: Berserker

Post Spaceship times
I would suggest admins increase the spaceship times of t0-t5 ships as a matter of urgency.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:40 am

Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035

Post Re: Spaceship times
/Signed.

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:43 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2157
Class: Shield Monkey

/signed

Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:56 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: __
Level: 2482

Honestly, the system should be removed entirely. If anything, they should just be automatically towed after a certain period of time, not destroyed completely. Nothing sucks more than logging off for vacation, getting podded immediately after you log, and coming back only to find you've lost EVERYTHING.(yes, it happened to me. On a ftp. Still counts)

The whole concept is directly counter to everything that the admins stand for what with the recent GG removal and everything.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:20 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Paxx
Level: 2918

Cygnus wrote:
Honestly, the system should be removed entirely. If anything, they should just be automatically towed after a certain period of time, not destroyed completely. Nothing sucks more than logging off for vacation, getting podded immediately after you log, and coming back only to find you've lost EVERYTHING.(yes, it happened to me. On a ftp. Still counts)

The whole concept is directly counter to everything that the admins stand for what with the recent GG removal and everything.

Completely agreed. Although this has never happened to me, nor did I know it could happen, when I first heard about it I thought it completely absurd.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

playerboy345 wrote:
Hai

Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402
Class: Engineer

Lost some very expensive Selens this way a few years ago. Cyg makes a valid point.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:25 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035

Cygnus wrote:

I agree but this way we won't be able to get rid of unwanted ships.

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:30 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: __
Level: 2482

playerboy345 wrote:

I agree but this way we won't be able to get rid of unwanted ships.

mmm...a destroy ship button, maybe? We already have the release slave button which works for everything up to tech 18, so realistically we could just change that function to "destroy ship", have it work for any ship(slave, not slave, any tech, etc), and not only would the function be better, it would be easier to understand what it did. I know that I released a slave just to see what would happen, once :P

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791
Class: Shield Monkey

or just remove the 25 ship cap/add station storage etc. etc.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:00 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

I knew a whole team that put 3000+ ships each into a single AI base. Then it got fixed and they were stuck with 3000+ ships they had to manually get rid of!

Still, I know people that have docked hundreds(in some case thousands) of Basils/SBG.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:03 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

thebattler35 wrote:
or just remove the 25 ship cap/add station storage etc. etc.

Station storage is really where we need to take the game, but when I tested the waters my take on it received mixed reviews. I'll be giving it another shot soon.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:39 pm

Main: Radia
Level: 1101

I am all for this because it will result in a quick and simple way to get rid of unwanted ships.

1: Stasised ships get towed to the nearest station after 5 days. You have to pay towing costs.
2: Scrap Hull button in AI bases to get rid of unwanted ships. To keep this from being abused, on purpose or by accident, scrapped ships will be retrievable for X amount of time, so long as you have a ship slot to put it in.

*ships slots raised 5+
*station based storage

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Last edited by Visorak on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:49 pm
Profile WWW

Visorak wrote:
I am all for this because it will result in a quick and simple way to get rid of unwanted ships.

1: Stasised ships get towed to the nearest station after 5 days. You have to pay towing costs.
2: Scrap Hull button in AI bases to get rid of unwanted ships. To keep this from being abused, on purpose or by accident, scrapped ships will be retrievable for 2 months, so long as you have a ship slot to put it in.

*ships slots raised 5+
*station based storage

This is abuseable and essentially undermines the whole point of a ship limit. The whole point of a ship limit is so we don't murder the server's storage capacity. Retrievable for 2 months? mmm... In addition to the need of (relatively small if you only have the hull number) storage on the server, it would be even easier to evade the ship limit by the pure fact that one could use scrapping ships for storing them. Unaugged, granted, but still ship limit gotten around.

Though I see it as a carebear mechanic (just dock!!!), a simpler fix would be to simply not have the last part of the stasis count down not run if the player has not logged on. (not sure if you can currently cap ships that come out of stasis after countdown, might be a further argument)

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:22 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Radia
Level: 1101

Well crap. You just can't please anyone these days can you? Here you go off about being able to bypass the ship limit if you can retrieve scrapped ships. The last guy went off on how if an account is taken then someone can blow up all of your ships forever if you can't retrieve ships, which I thought was bull because you shouldn't ever share your pass.

But FINE. Whatever.

Ok. So you have a ship that you scrap. All the items are sold. The server saves the hull, and all augs. So that's maybe 6 lines of data maximum for hull and augs. This isn't a storage thatch with 5 billion items on it.

Also, I said to retrieve a ship you had to have an open ship slot. Right now, if you have 24 ships, assuming all your slave slots are full, you can only buy one ship. Say you scrap it and buy another, then your slots are full and you can't get the scrapped one back.

TL;DR: Scrapped ships last as long as stasised ships do currently. That is actually less broken than how it is now.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:17 am
Profile WWW

Visorak wrote:
TL;DR: Scrapped ships last as long as stasised ships do currently. That is actually less broken than how it is now.

Easy, just have the scrap-hull option ONLY available after the ship has been in stasis for x days and been auto-towed. Basically an improvement on the current system.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:30 am
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next