It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:14 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Eurus
Level: 2330
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Compulsory test in order to join SS
If one of these people actually tried they could probably pass anyway. If you try a 'what do you do?' type question it's either unfair or multiple choice...

If someone can post an example of these questions that I can't pick apart I'd be happy to give this suggestion the thumbs up, but right now I can't see it being implemented without being condescending/useless.

Perhaps a minigame during registration to test basic problem solving skills? (assuming people don't just create a guide/google it -_-)

Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:08 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Prommilypicklesomnom
Level: 3207
Class: Engineer

thijs12b wrote:
andezrhode3 wrote:
Who gives a fuck if disabled or otherwise impaired people can't play, that would be better in my opinion.

Please stick to parliamentary language, but aye i agree with your point.

Well, in general I don't feel like I should change my speech patterns for anyone, but I support this topic and have a relative amount of respect for you.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:56 pm
Profile E-mail

The /ignore player command exists for a reason. It probably should cover the account, rather than just that one character, but that's a code issue.

Other than that, no we're not in the business of discriminating via IQ, ethnicity, ESL, gender, sexuality etc etc. The more the merrier, and if you don't like what someone says, /ignore them.

I'm moving for this to be /closed.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:32 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620
Class: Berserker

But this resolution is full of awesomeness, this delegate would like to ask AEM to reconsider, seeing the overwhelming support it has received from the playerbase.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

The delegation from Dark Traders would like to move with utmost respect that the competence test in question be applied also to the development team.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Yes, we have to make sure that the threat will be cleansed.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:49 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

Even if /Ignore "Name" is used, are we to do that for every racist fuck that walks along.

JeffL wanted and stated that SS(2) is moving towards the "Casual Playerbase". Hardcore Group peeps like Enk, Wex, and Shitarky need not apply.

The CPB is vastly larger than the HCG. And with a vastly larger membercount, we get vastly larger amounts of annoying to downside disrespectful fuckwits like:

1. DRAGON BOLT - Disrespectful is the only word that I can say without swears or ranting
2. Lilith - Talkative
3. Is - Very, Talkative
4. Lazarus - Would not shut up
5. Deathreus - If you played when he did, no explanation needed

List goes on. And on.

However, thats not the point. Looking from the perspective JeffL would have, do you really want to have these people, as annoying or insulting that they are, playing SS.

This is the one time that weeding them out would be a good thing. A new player would see the vulgar-ness or extreme annoyance, and while we don't particularly like it, will judge the book by its cover.

I remember about a year ago, a potential P2p did NOT go P2p because he saw that I had over 8000 posts. He quit believing the whole game was like me. Forum Spammers and Trolls. The whole game is not like that, but what do you think would happen if new players came across people like DRAGON BOLT or Deathreus?

Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:01 pm

Team: None
Main: VIP-Shm
Level: 25
Class: Shield Monkey

I would gladly go to war whit Traders just becouse of this idea :)

Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:03 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Zephyr
Main: Destroyer Of Worlds
Level: 3221
Class: Speed Demon

Deathreus was just a hype .. he wasn't actually as bad as any of the other noobs around.

And lilith? I've never had a problem with 'her?' And with regards to the others .. I've never even heard of them :L

I honestly don't see the massive problem other than the random noob on trade trying to sell Divine Wattage Aug BP for 70+b..

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Full stops go after the closed brackets. L2grammarNazi.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:52 pm
Profile E-mail

Honestly, churchy just has a short fuse. There isn't ANYONE in game right now that's half as bad as most people were years ago. Made a comment like people sometimes do about politics in all chat? Get swarmed by 20 idiots all claiming that whoever you don't like has done nothing wrong and is perfect. Honestly, if you can't handle all chat these days... just stay out of it. It was ten times worse before, get over it.

Also, hardcore players should be part of this game. As has been said before, a very addicting part of SS was the pvp. You couldn't so much as let your slaves sit for 15 minutes in earthforce space without someone blowing them to pieces. And honestly, you were always sizing up other players. (Does that base have any weapons on it? That team doesn't seam to active. It's only a helga. What shield does it have?)

It was fun. Ambitious players are only a problem when there aren't enough of them.

Further more, I've seen new players come across people like DRAGON BOLT. Guess what? They hate the reactions to him more than anything. Most of what he says are direct responses to what someone else says.

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:31 pm
Profile E-mail

This delegate would care but this delegate does not. So this delegate would like to ask His Highness Sky Titan to please give constructive criticism or get out of this topic as not to waste this most awesome resolution.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:34 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Matrix
Main: Asmodeaan
Level: 282

anilv wrote:
The delegation from Dark Traders would like to move with utmost respect that the competence test in question be applied also to the development team.

The Representative of Matrix gives this resolution the full support it deserves.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:50 pm

thijs12b wrote:
This delegate would care but this delegate does not. So this delegate would like to ask His Highness Sky Titan to please give constructive criticism or get out of this topic as not to waste this most awesome resolution.

I would like to thank the previous speaker for his prompt response to my statements and opinions. However, I would like to make them more clear.
The overall usefulness of such a test is minimal as it can be bypassed by the sort it is meant to keep out. Such a person would attempt to have a more suited candidate fill out the form in question. The more suited individual would find the test to be quite enjoyable and having no previous experience of a game offering such tests, would have been caught unawares.
This, in short, would lead to the impression of those who would pass off the test onto their own fellows being quite knowledgeable when they are in fact not knowledgeable at all. This would render the test ineffective and perhaps confuse even those who do know the answers to it, being presented such at a surprising time when they would be focused on the application and partaking of a computer game.
I would like to further add, that the community at large has vastly improved over the years, such that it appears benign by comparison. I do personally believe that one who does not possess the social skills to deal with annoying but in the case of Lilith, knowledgeable about the subjects being presented persons, should not be playing anyways as they would not possess the maturity to deal with text from an anonymous and authority less person.

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:52 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: KillerDawa
Level: 1378
Class: Engineer

I, as a Representative of 2004, give this resolution my full support.

Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:23 am

Team: Reddit Space Invaders
Main: Volatar
Level: 20
Class: None

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
I'm moving for this to be /closed.

I second the motion for closure.

The Star Sonata developers have an economic disincentive against this proposal. It will never happen.

Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:14 am
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next