It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Compulsory test in order to join SS
ProjectRay12 wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Even if /Ignore "Name" is used, are we to do that for every racist fuck that walks along.

JeffL wanted and stated that SS(2) is moving towards the "Casual Playerbase". Hardcore Group peeps like Enk, Wex, and Shitarky need not apply.

The CPB is vastly larger than the HCG. And with a vastly larger membercount, we get vastly larger amounts of annoying to downside disrespectful fuckwits like:

1. DRAGON BOLT - Disrespectful is the only word that I can say without swears or ranting
2. Lilith - Talkative
3. Is - Very, Talkative
4. Lazarus - Would not shut up
5. Deathreus - If you played when he did, no explanation needed

List goes on. And on.

However, thats not the point. Looking from the perspective JeffL would have, do you really want to have these people, as annoying or insulting that they are, playing SS.

This is the one time that weeding them out would be a good thing. A new player would see the vulgar-ness or extreme annoyance, and while we don't particularly like it, will judge the book by its cover.

I remember about a year ago, a potential P2p did NOT go P2p because he saw that I had over 8000 posts. He quit believing the whole game was like me. Forum Spammers and Trolls. The whole game is not like that, but what do you think would happen if new players came across people like DRAGON BOLT or Deathreus?

This is as far as I got in the thread, and I didn't read all of this post. I was too furious.

First off, drop the smart ass "congress" talk.
Secondly, it's a game, you want intellectual talk, go somewhere else
Third, some of these people listed are good people, besides bolt.
Fourth, pointing out people is extremely rude, and calling them "stupid" for wanting to talk is just evil
Fifth, there's a reason why this doesn't exist yet, it would destroy almost all incoming players, they don't give a f*** if it's elite or not
Sixth, just because someone is mentally disabled is no reason to hate or not let them play, they didn't choose their lifestyle, same with some uneducated people.
Seventh, just no to the idea, too many loopholes, exploits. Not worth it
And eighth, this would effectively make a majority of players hate you for ruining the party in this game, don't be such a perfectionist, Utopias don't exist.

Do you want to talk about it?

Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:47 am
Profile E-mail
Content Dev

Team: Admins
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 61
Class: None

Post Re: Compulsory test in order to join SS
Locking for a few reasons... And probably moving to the archive.

Dev response of no.
We don't need to be limiting our player base more (second dev response).
Talk of mutes and bans
Talk of racist comments

Support

Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:19 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4