It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:06 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Eurus
Level: 2330
Class: Shield Monkey

Post AI Evolution Chamber
I can't really remember why this was rejected the first time so I'll repost this now we've got C2 under wraps and *superior code to work with

AI using a random list of ship images (and their corresponding hulls) are randomly generated. They each use a random assortment of gear and augmenters (maybe skills up to 20 too).

These are then pitted against common AI (such as a MF forgone) in order to ensure some difficulty. After 10 unique AI have been generated 100 contestants are created for each AI type and given random parameters on which to operate (e.g some will circle the enemy, others will fight and some will simply be a mess). The superior tactics will hopefully win and that AI will become a contestant.

The contestants from each AI set (10) will then be placed in a Colosseum and fight a series of one on one battles, players may bet on any of the contestants before a round starts.

The winner is dubbed a champ and spawns in a special, instanced DG with some miniboss spawns (3rd and 4th ranking contestants) along with some Bigger Green goons. I'm not really sure on loot... maybe some commods + some DG loot.

This cycle could be repeated every day/week and would (hopefully) result in a few really cool ubers being created that can simply be copied over to a permanent DG and given some specific tweaking.
Of course, the greater the sample number of AI the more fun ensues and the more server resources are crunched... would it be possible to devote the test server to this every weekend? (Or perhaps simply have the server run the code during times of minimal player interaction)

If this simply isn't possible for the dev team to code I understand that it's not exactly a widespread technique yet and will kindly stfu and gtfo.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Post Re: AI Evolution Chamber
Sorry, this is just way too incredibly elaborate for almost no real payoff than novelty.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]