It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:08 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Should those affected who obtained through TRADE be affected?
Yes 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
No 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
Admin Tick Box 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Team: Zephyr
Main: Destroyer Of Worlds
Level: 3221
Class: Speed Demon

Post Impassable Protection
Let me clarify for everyone seen as most of the people on the previous thread don't have a clue about the item.

+13% protection to all stats like a diffuser
+50% shield bank ON THE END like a capacitor :

Item description 'AI gear' is NON SPECIFIC, and does not denote that it is not intended for the playerbase. Other gear such as oly gear has 'Heph' or 'Zeus' written on the desc in some way or another.

Example

AWC + Zombiestop

With no resistance augs it adds -

CURRENT RESISTS / AFTER IP RESISTS
60% - - - - - - - - - - - 64.6% (4.6% increase)
40% - - - - - - - - - - - 46.9% (6.9% increase)
75% - - - - - - - - - - - 77.8% (2.8% increase)

Zombie stop base bank - 20k
With capacitor you get 10k on the END like a capacitor.

Considering what the stats are it doesnt ACTUALLY make a huge difference if you already have high resists. All it needs is a size increase in my opinion.

So enough bitching about it, read the stats they say for themselves it's not actually THAT uber.

EDIT: NO TALK ABOUT BANS ON THIS POST.

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Full stops go after the closed brackets. L2grammarNazi.

Last edited by Species 8472 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:02 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Impassable Protection
If they are going to let people us it it should be made obtainable, I highly doubt this will happen though.

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Content Dev

While it might not be entirely broken, nobody was supposed to be able to obtain it in the first place. An item like this might be introduced in the future, though I'm not sure I like seeing a shield mod on a diffuser without fail rate.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Profile E-mail

My only suggestion would be to increase the size. The protection isn't as good as the stats on other diffusers which are stable.

The shield mod too isn't incredible, shields with a huge bank like 23k are huge items in themselves. Adding a maximum of 11.5k shields on the end is the best it can do.

On endgame ships such as where it's currently used by those few who have them the resists are high enough in the first place for it not to have any decent effect.

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:20 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024
Class: Engineer

Urqa Uka Uzu Qi

Tech 20
Size 50
25% Protection from laser
0% Failure rate
20 Visibility
Electricity 16/s
Weight 50 000

Compressed Mining Dampener+

Tech 16
Size 225
28% Protection from mining
0% Failure rate
0 Visibility
Electricity 19/s
Weight 112 500
Requires 16 in Support Focus

Impassable Protection

Tech 15
Size 1
13% Protection from laser
13% Protection from mining
13% Protection from physical
13% Protection from heat
13% Protection from surgical
13% Protection from radiation
13% Protection from energy
0% Failure rate
0 Visibility
Electricity 0/s
Weight 1000
Improves: Shield 50%
Description "AI gear"

There, compare those three, and you will see that it is a seriously overpowered diffuser in the hands of a player. 0 Visibility, 1 Size and 0 Electricity/s, while also giving 13% Protection to all the different damage types except for transference.

I think it speaks for itself that if anything like this is put in, then it will not look anywhere close to what the current stats are.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:36 pm

All I'm saying is that removing them from those who didn't obtain them through exploit is unfair to those in this situation. Since it isn't that many I think it should be personally addressed.

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:57 pm
Profile E-mail

It isn't unfair in any way, as the items grants a huge advantage over the majority that doesn't have the item, and never will be able to have it.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:03 pm

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

Do things properly, if it wasn't supposed to drop then it shouldn't, if it did drop then someone fucked up his work.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:29 pm

In which case it is STILL the dev's fault for putting it in in the first place.

Ergo I should not be loosing out, admins will have an earful from me because of this.

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Dev Team

Team: None
Main: The SI
Level: 0
Class: None

Impassable Protection's were not dropped, they were gained through an exploit. They give an unfair advantage to anyone who has one so expect them to be useless soon.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:45 pm
Profile E-mail

SI wrote:
Impassable Protection's were not dropped, they were gained through an exploit. They give an unfair advantage to anyone who has one so expect them to be useless soon.

If you read my first post some people got them through Trade. If you didn't want anyone to have the item, then why put it in in the first place, better yet why is it not locked or anything?? The stats and lack of restrictions are due to laziness on the part of whoever created the item.

I suggest you lock all items which are similar in strength to this across the board immediately.

And I mean that, I have already sent a ticket in and I expect this to be dealth with. Compeltely unacceptable that this has happened. Since it is only a handful of players affected it shouldn't be too much of a job.

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Species 8472 wrote:
In which case it is STILL the dev's fault for putting it in in the first place.

Ergo I should not be loosing out, admins will have an earful from me because of this.

It is not anyones fault but those who refused to follow the guidelines for issues like this. It clearly says that when you find a bug, you are expected to report it, and not abuse it. If you in any way get an item that you are not supposed to, you have already abused it, and the fault is not on the developer that gave Impassable Protections to Slumberchromes about 5 years ago, but solely on the player that abused it.

You should be loosing out if you were given an item like this, or you purchased it, because you are not supposed to have it in the first place. So if you feel that you are being dispossessed of anything that you feel belongs to you, then put the blame on the person who gave or sold you the item.

The item is AI gear, same for BLAZERs and Attack Overloaders.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Species 8472 wrote:
SI wrote:

If you read my first post some people got them through Trade. If you didn't want anyone to have the item, then why put it in in the first place, better yet why is it not locked or anything?? The stats and lack of restrictions are due to laziness on the part of whoever created the item.

I suggest you lock all items which are similar in strength to this across the board immediately.

And I mean that, I have already sent a ticket in and I expect this to be dealth with. Compeltely unacceptable that this has happened. Since it is only a handful of players affected it shouldn't be too much of a job.

I think it has been made clear that all the items gained through this bug will be made unusable by those who possess it. That is how it is supposed to be dealt with, and that is how it will be dealt with. Those who feel that this is a punishment can go through and read the rules again, and put themselves in the position of a player that will never be able to possess an item like this, and will forever have a disadvantage unless the items are being made unusable, as they will be.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:02 pm

seanla4350 wrote:
Species 8472 wrote:
SI wrote:

I think it has been made clear that all the items gained through this bug will be made unusable by those who possess it. That is how it is supposed to be dealt with, and that is how it will be dealt with. Those who feel that this is a punishment can go through and read the rules again, and put themselves in the position of a player that will never be able to possess an item like this, and will forever have a disadvantage unless the items are being made unusable, as they will be.

I purchased one a matter of days ago. Prove to me how I am to know it was 'exploited' gear? It is true that the description says 'AI gear' however that does not prove without a shadow of a doubt from my perspective that I am not to have the item.
I cannot force the seller to return what I traded for it, nor will he. There is nothing I can personally do to solve this, therefore I am taking it to the support staff.
Simply not happy about loosing 90b+ worth over something which I am not accountable for, it isn't even equipped.

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:10 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

If I bought stolen goods, is it my fault that I didn't make sure they were not stolen!?

Answer that, DoW :P

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:03 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next