It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:06 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

Good idea? Let everyone know. Bad idea? Just shutup and keep it to yourself.
Good plan! 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Close, but no cigar. 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Nah, bro, its fine how it is. 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5

Team: Eminence Front
Main: -Odysseus-
Level: 2188
Class: Berserker

Post This looks like a job for bageese-man...?
Greetings,

I have realised during my time here that the Star Sonata community is rather lazy, at best. This revelation didn't come to me recently, I caught on around the second day of game play. Despite this obvious display of total and absolute perception, I digress. Due to the abundance of laziness and the general lack of initiative in the community the current "Ticket" sending system seems rather obsolete. I am suggesting that someone (Possibly bageese) concoct some new way to send such aggravating and somewhat inefficient official messages to the developers and other such wonderful people. To streamline the system I suggest that some kind of official messaging system be put in place here in this very forum. Possibly in the form of a chat box or other rather accessible client/application in-forum. The hassle of opening your Email and sorting through the spam and irrelevant tsunami of unopened mail is simply too inefficient and time consuming to be worth it to most players. Such an upgrade should prove a valuable and worthwhile investment of time for both the sending receiving parties. I also understand that the time taken to send a "ticket" works also as a deterrent, no one likes a spammer, which is why only registered forum users should be allowed to use it. The use of such an ingenious creation not only would create a reasonably prompt response time but also would make access more convenient.

Excuse the wall of text.
Yours sincerely,

-Odysseus-

Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:17 am
Profile ICQ WWW

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

Post Re: This looks like a job for bageese-man...?
tl;sr (too long; still read)

So... you want to integrate the support ticket system into the SS forum. Seems reasonable to me.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:52 am

I'm suggesting that bageese should create a more accessible messaging system. Maybe instant, but temporary archiving is the key. Also, not the whole forum, only the logged in users. It should connect all of the online dev/moderators/players/others together. Players should not be able to talk off topic on it either.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:06 am
Profile ICQ WWW

No. The point of the support ticket system is largely to keep exploitable bugs secret.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:10 am

:lol: True. But while keeping them secret it also alerts the devs to their presence. Which is more important imo.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:11 am
Profile ICQ WWW

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163
Class: Engineer

Bageese is not a developer, she's a charismatic PR type person. What you're asking is a bit outside the scope of a forum. If a change like this were to go in, it would require an entire site overhaul imo, one that integrates the in-game more closely with the site so you can manage bases etc.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:31 am
Profile E-mail YIM

-=Odysseus=- wrote:
:lol: True. But while keeping them secret it also alerts the devs to their presence. Which is more important imo.

How is that a retort? It doesn't matter if that's more important because the secrecy of exploitable bugs must be preserved at all costs.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:33 am
Support/PR Administrator

Team: None
Main: Ananke
Level: 0
Class: None

biggee531 wrote:
Bageese is not a developer, she's a charismatic PR type person.

Actually I am a content developer (3.14159) in addition to the Community Manager. I just decided to pull away from content for a bit and focus on the lack of a customer service role within the community. Someone in a customer service role is more needed than an additional content person. I still have a content project I want to finish, but it's on the backburner until my community to do list gets finished.

Now we're actually in the process of working out a sort of newish system regarding bugs. We have a bug tracker based on stuff largely from the ticket system, and a little bit from the bug forums. I'm hoping we can get a few people to help us sift through the bug forums and basically keep the bug tracker completely up to date with info from the newly revamped bug forums and the ticket system.

Now as far as communication goes we have IRC that is used pretty regularly, and you can always get to #starsonata if you need help. I'm actually thinking of bringing back a Player-Dev meeting held on IRC, G+, or Skype.

Image Image

Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:09 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163
Class: Engineer

bageese wrote:
biggee531 wrote:

Actually I am a content developer (3.14159) in addition to the Community Manager. I just decided to pull away from content for a bit and focus on the lack of a customer service role within the community. Someone in a customer service role is more needed than an additional content person. I still have a content project I want to finish, but it's on the backburner until my community to do list gets finished.

Now we're actually in the process of working out a sort of newish system regarding bugs. We have a bug tracker based on stuff largely from the ticket system, and a little bit from the bug forums. I'm hoping we can get a few people to help us sift through the bug forums and basically keep the bug tracker completely up to date with info from the newly revamped bug forums and the ticket system.

Now as far as communication goes we have IRC that is used pretty regularly, and you can always get to #starsonata if you need help. I'm actually thinking of bringing back a Player-Dev meeting held on IRC, G+, or Skype.

I apologize, i should have clarified. I knew you were a content dev, but i meant a web developer that would be willing to write a real-time chat system from scratch for the antiquated website. Sorry, had web development on the brain :p

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:42 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Support/PR Administrator

Team: None
Main: Ananke
Level: 0
Class: None

biggee531 wrote:
bageese wrote:
biggee531 wrote:

I apologize, i should have clarified. I knew you were a content dev, but i meant a web developer that would be willing to write a real-time chat system from scratch for the antiquated website. Sorry, had web development on the brain :p

Oh I wish I was a web developer. I've messed around in php a little but that's it. >.<

Image Image

Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:08 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]