It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:58 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 3306
Class: Speed Demon

Post Website
I went to Google and typed in "space mmo" and SS came up number 8 or 9, which is good i think, at least its on the first page.

Our webpage looks like crap compared to other games, and by other games im comparing to Eve. I've never played eve, and from what I understand its a totally different game and people here seem to hate it, but whatever, its the top dog in the space MMO genre.

They have nicer pics and much more visually appealing webpage. The SS site needs to get a good looking picture at the top where it says "SS2 is live". needs to be an artists rendering of a real SS event, like having a base with a levi flying past it with a sun and an AI station in the background or something. then maybe a cool ship like an AWC in the foreground shooting a good looking Pick. That would keep visitors attention right from the get go.

Instead of a button that says "free download" it should say something like "PLAY NOW" or "Get Started" or "Start your unlimited Trial now!"

GET RID OF EVERY PIC ON THE CURRENT SITE. They all suck and are from an antiquated client. Get better pics on there ASAP, you did the contest where you got some good ones, use them.

Or hell, you guys are admins, create artificial situations on a test server to get some badass pics. I'm sure you could get some help from some of the brown nosing players to go on a private mini universe with you guys and do some fake fighting with huge BVB battles and the like.

I wanna see better visuals on the main page, and change the wording on the download button...it sounds like you have to do work before you get to play. if you say "GET STARTED NOW!!!" it makes people feel like they are jumping in the ship and the canopy is closing as they are about to blast off into space. Sounds dumb, but we all are here playing a space game on our computers....so we eat that shit up....

And FFS, clean up the forum already, bageese. You've been an admin for like 48 hours. I want results damnit! :P . Get rid of the two different bug sections, there should be no SS2 forums at all, all the forums are SS2 now....

Fix shit, or give me the power to do the work and I'll make it happen.

-ERMAN

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:38 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2157
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Website
<< for supervisor devmin.

ie
"Simon!! fix it! you!!!! Mo content!!! Wiki!!"

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Zephyr
Main: Destroyer Of Worlds
Level: 3221

Aye .. make Kev a DevMin .. stuff would get done. :P

Just checked, we need a video on the SS Homepage, Eve just looks epic compared to SS >.<

Ironic isn't it.

retards). *

Full stops go after the closed brackets. L2grammarNazi.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:42 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Aidelon
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 1874
Class: Engineer

starsonata2.com ftw

Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:19 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 3306

anyone?

bageese?

whats the deal here?

why does our website still look like a turd compared to our competition?

How is the initial presentation of the entire gaming experience not a priority?

-ERMAN

Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:28 pm
Profile WWW

Team: None
Main: Utumno
Level: 20
Class: None

http://www.starsonata.com
http://www.starsonata2.com

Both look very bad in general. Also both are outdated.

Eve Online is a bad example to compare Starsonata with:
Yes it is basically the main SF competitor but it has, being a successfull game, a large company and according funding behind his back and therefor a lot of people to deal with stuff like that.

You should better compare it to Vendetta Online, the genre is similar with different weights ofc, and it's only a 4-man crew running the game.

If you compare the Starsonata websites to that I must say our sites look really terrible.

Also take a look at Dark Space, Jumpgate, Jumpgate Evolution, Black Prophecy and make up your opinion.

On the other hand with the current status of the client 2 and the spirit of a good portion of the long term players it is probably better if only few people find the way onto the game before the dust settles.They might turn their back before they get deep into it and never return.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:48 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]