It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:56 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post Re: Zeus Minus.
Current stats:
SS Wiki wrote:
Zeus- Damage +20%, Energy Recharge +25%, Range +5%
Zeus Damage +30%, Energy Recharge +36%, Range +5%
Zeus+ Damage +35%, Energy Recharge +40%, Range +20%

Suggested change:
Zeus- Damage +25%, Energy Recharge +31%, Range +5%

Makes sense right?

Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:24 am
Profile E-mail

Team: TorchWood
Main: TheKC
Level: 5
Class: None

Madridista wrote:
Current stats:
SS Wiki wrote:

Suggested change:

Makes sense right?

im sure they have a balance sheet for that.. besides if it wouldnt be build the stats would be even worse.. consider that ??!!

Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:28 am

TheKC wrote:
Madridista wrote:
Current stats:
SS Wiki wrote:

Suggested change:

Makes sense right?

im sure they have a balance sheet for that.. besides if it wouldnt be build the stats would be even worse.. consider that ??!!

Personally I think Voom is right, I was just suggesting a beef option since people think it is underpowered :)

Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:34 am
Profile E-mail
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
The Voomy One wrote:
With the increased SP cost it's possible that all the tech 18 augs will be used more.
Zeus- may not be what the high end players want for their slaves but for someone who has just gotten piloting 18 and will be using a tech 18 ship as his main ship until he can get piloting 19 it might be a good choice.

Yes someone in a tech 18 ship wont be able to do Mausoleum but he can still buy the aug from other players.

The problem in this logic being nobody will build them because they are useless to the players the t18 guy would be buying the aug from.

Not a problem, they would sell the BP very cheap then and the T18 guy can build it himself.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:02 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163
Class: Engineer

I don't really see a problem here.... It's a lower tech, aka lesser stats. It's a cheap build as well.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:10 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Main: UrQa Vazuk Qii
Level: 2468
Class: Berserker

The problem is that no-one is using it. Simply because there are way better options.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:25 am

The Lost One wrote:
The problem is that no-one is using it. Simply because there are way better options.

well still its a aug in the slave-aug range that has no strickt better supplement, not the augs fault noone goes on slaves for dmg+elec

and thats the only thing admins shoudl care of so i consider that aug perfectly allocated

Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:54 am

Main: UrQa Vazuk Qii
Level: 2468

TheKC wrote:
The Lost One wrote:

well still its a aug in the slave-aug range that has no strickt better supplement, not the augs fault noone goes on slaves for dmg+elec

and thats the only thing admins shoudl care of so i consider that aug perfectly allocated

Well, anyone would do an Arson or a Golden over a Zeus- any day sadly.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:26 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

The ultimate flaw with the balance sheets is that the value of a given piece of gear can depend heavily on the existence of other gear. Many times I've had to abandon augmenter XYZ in a setup because the stats required to complement it just didn't exist on any augmenter. This can easily happen even with gear that is rated highly by the balance sheets.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:56 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Eurus
Level: 2330
Class: Shield Monkey

It doesn't really matter how 'balanced' and 'reasonable' the |eus- is... It's called - and so people expect it to be inferior to the Zeus augmenter.

On the other hand they are inferior augmenters. I have done my number crunching and it simply can't beat an arson (etc) augmenter. Don't try and say that it's cheap; it's a t18 aug BP dropping from some tough bosses. Some of the BPs dropping in there fetch 20b+ and probably don't drop much less frequently. The only reason it's cheap is because it's inferior augmenter, meaning that if all the new players used them due to the cost the price increases...

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:00 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

It should be beefed up to par with the other Maus aug drops, because it drops from that place. If I found the LHeart to be inferior to the Halved Antimatter in terms of regen, I'll be extremely pissed off after getting one.

I just feel cheated if I get this, and I could just get another aug for the same effort and kick the crap out of it.

That being said, none of the Maus augs really have to do with range. If slavers want to use range, they use a Heracles, which I feel is a bit...discouraging to use the imagination and creativity to use different setups.

I know it's going to be weaker overall to the Zeus and Zeus+, but making it worthwhile to slavers is still a good idea. Right now, my Arson augs or Golden augs are in for my new scruplings. Any Zeus- BP I get is going to be ai based.

So, the damage could stay weaker, and the elect can be worse, but the range could be upped.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:08 pm

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402
Class: Engineer

Enk hit on the answer. It is not exactly that the aug is under powered. It is in my opinion compared to some of the other Mauso augs but the Vesta sucks as well, some stuff is going to not be good.

The reason the Z- is just an unattractive aug is it simply does not fit well with other t16/17/18 augs out there. When you make a set-up you need to cover all the bases and certain aug combos manage that where as removing 1 aug to replace with another might throw the entire set-up into flux.

Z- is just an ugly step child when it comes to slaves but Thermal is also right. Beef that range a bit and players would def considering using it in leveling set-ups the same way they use Zeus+.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:02 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

In my experience, when you build anything you expect it to be at least on par with the original. It's not building an inferior augmenter, but it's lowering the tech level.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:31 pm
Profile WWW

Visorak wrote:
In my experience, when you build anything you expect it to be at least on par with the original. It's not building an inferior augmenter, but it's lowering the tech level.

Visorak used Logic! It's super effective! Enemy KC fainted.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Madridista wrote:
Visorak wrote:

Visorak used Logic! It's super effective! Enemy KC fainted.

ROFL never read something that funny.
Its not LOGIC its WISHFULL THINKING

Fact is the Zeus- is the most superior aug in +dmg% and +elec% combined boost at that tech lvl.

And if you really think that a BP build item has always necessarely usefull applications.. then i really doubt u play SS for more thne 2 weeks!

So Eat ThaT ! ;D

Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:05 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2