It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:27 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Lord Runningclam
Level: 3813
Class: Engineer

Post Depth problems
To be honest I'm really not sure how to address this, so I'll describe the problem first.

The problem: The 3d depth. To illustrate, I'll use drones as an example. In a galaxy/dg when I'm "above" the plane of play because I'm near a large sun or something, my drones deploy what appears to be about 200 south of my actual ship. Similarly, in order to warp, I have to fly about 200 north of the warp, and to scoop loot I have to fly about 200 north of the loot.

The reason that this is a problem is that in combat, when I have to scoop and redeploy drones fairly quickly, particularly on a tough dg level or on an uber run, etc, it seems a bit ridiculous that I have to hover about 200 north in the hopes that I've flown over the correct spot to scoop - it makes it really difficult to scoop the right drone - in fact, it makes it really difficult to scoop a drone at all. This problem also makes loot scooping really annoying - yes I can tractor the loot piece by piece, but when there's about 40 coins floating around it kind of sucks to have to tractor them individually, and it sucks to have to fly around in circles trying to figure the correct proportion north of them to scoop.

My suggestion is that I would love the programmers to find a way to make the vertical plane determine scooping - ie if your ship is directly over an item on the screen, that is where you need to be to scoop it.

I don't know if anyone else shares my frustration with this, but it seems a bit of a lame way to lose drones and it is a waste of time for scooping loot.

Lord Runningclam

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:57 am

Post Re: Depth problems
page up?

I shift the camera for this on my drone using char, but keep the lower camera angle for my SD/sniper

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996
Class: Gunner

Sniper got a major perk in c2 with the zoom out
~Preter

Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:09 pm

Team: None
Main: Goz
Level: 1564
Class: Berserker

1920 x 1080 resolution and I have no depth problems at all. I can very easily tell where everything is in relation to me at the most severe angle (page down ftw)

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:51 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

BAM5992 wrote:
1920 x 1080 resolution and I have no depth problems at all. I can very easily tell where everything is in relation to me at the most severe angle (page down ftw)

Have you tried laying drones? A teammate also complained about this problem.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:16 pm

Team: None
Main: Goz
Level: 1564
Class: Berserker

anilv wrote:
BAM5992 wrote:

Have you tried laying drones? A teammate also complained about this problem.

Yes I have, no problems, although the client is in a very buggy state that differs from computer to computer.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:49 pm
Profile WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]