It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:33 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Fuel station
Since i'm not active, my opinion is invalid?

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:15 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Main: UrQa Vazuk Qii
Level: 2468
Class: Berserker

Then why support it, when players normally should have learnt to store fuel for universes like this? Then it can only be seen as an exploitable and pretty unnecessary feature.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:17 am

biggee531 wrote:
Since i'm not active, my opinion is invalid?

I liked the part about constant rates, which would be higher than the cost of producing promethium. But this comment...

Quote:
Except you won't have any for the actual uni after that, since you won't be able to make any during the temp uni :p

...I didn't understand, and if I understood it right, then I still am confused.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:19 am

The Lost One wrote:
Then why support it, when players normally should have learnt to store fuel for universes like this? Then it can only be seen as an exploitable and pretty unnecessary feature.

You shouldn't have to be a base-builder to be able to use fueled energies. It's not about being prepared, it's a matter of convenience. If you are un-teamed and don't build bases, it would be like driving an electric car in the middle of the Siberian.

The Lost One wrote:
-Confusion-

You usually need to build bases to harvest fuel in large quantities. If you use up all the fuel you have stored during the temp uni pvp'ing, there won't be any to go around for the actual uni (after the temp uni) since no one is going to build in the temp uni anyways.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:

Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:27 am
Profile E-mail YIM

biggee531 wrote:
The Lost One wrote:

You shouldn't have to be a base-builder to be able to use fueled energies. It's not about being prepared, it's a matter of convenience. If you are un-teamed and don't build bases, it would be like driving an electric car in the middle of the Siberian.

The Lost One wrote:
-Confusion-

You usually need to build bases to harvest fuel in large quantities. If you use up all the fuel you have stored during the temp uni pvp'ing, there won't be any to go around for the actual uni (after the temp uni) since no one is going to build in the temp uni anyways.

As I said earlier, it is a matter of actually mining the commodities yourself. Enriched Nuclear Waste in UZ, Promethium from a Traginium Destabilizer, Promethium Crystals, and more sources, and god knows how many Nuclear Waste sources there are in this game. These sources that normally aren't in use in a regularly universe should be the first and best option for getting fuel in this temporary universe. Or else, why not remove them, if they aren't there to fit their main purpose, which is to give players a way to get their hands on these commodities when it is not possible to get them through basebuilding?

My class mate told me to write this: God is good, love, Alex.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:32 am

Mining enukes in UZ is a joke, and he's not asking for fuel to be plentiful throughout the universe, just at the center of it in Sol.

Prom crystals etc. are useful when you're in the 8/10 DG and spent the last half hour kiting wattages around at the expense of your fuel. I really don't think it's that unreasonable for you to be able to purchase a commodity at highly inflated prices.

anilv wrote:

Bonecrusher wrote:

Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:39 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2