It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Post Re: Increase Slave Research to 10 & Mining ContBot
Honestly, I feel like the "proper" solution is smarter trade slave orders. Right now, you can really only have 1 slave handle 1 type of commodity because if you try to do two things, say bring nuke waste from station A to station B and bring rations from B to A, he's liable to get full of one commod and not be able to perform the other job which can then result in a dead base.

What we really need to do is extend the trade slave orders to something like "Buy rations at a price limit of X up to a quantity limit of Y". Then you can have your slave with 1000 free hull space buy rations from one base up to a limit of 500 and buy nukes at another up to a limit of 500 and not worry about getting full of one to prevent the other from working. This would let us make trade slaves that could do double, triple, or quadruple duty of what the trade slaves do now.

This wouldn't help with mining slaves, but I don't really want to make mining slaves more powerful anyway.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:57 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031
Class: Engineer

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
thecrazygamemaster wrote:
That's not the FC's fault; it's the fact that t20 is just so incredibly OP compared to every other tech level below it. This is, of course, due to t20 being the endgame and only actively developed thing in SS for a few years...

Well, there are TIERS of t20 ships, lion being tier 3 or possibly 4. Perhaps have RC20 only unlock t20 T1 ships? rc21 tier 2, etc. Of course all t20 ships would have to have a statistic added to them to organize them into the actual tiers (unless this is already in the xmls, correct me if wrong). RC21 would still unlock all the t21 ships as normal. We could ditch that last sentence and make t21, t22, t23 and up have tiered ships as well, with rc21 unlocking tier 1 t21 and tier 2 t20, etc...

Just some ideas.

Recognize and address this and combat slaves for FC beyond t18 plz, Jeff.

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402
Class: Engineer

JeffL wrote:
Honestly, I feel like the "proper" solution is smarter trade slave orders. Right now, you can really only have 1 slave handle 1 type of commodity because if you try to do two things, say bring nuke waste from station A to station B and bring rations from B to A, he's liable to get full of one commod and not be able to perform the other job which can then result in a dead base.

What we really need to do is extend the trade slave orders to something like "Buy rations at a price limit of X up to a quantity limit of Y". Then you can have your slave with 1000 free hull space buy rations from one base up to a limit of 500 and buy nukes at another up to a limit of 500 and not worry about getting full of one to prevent the other from working. This would let us make trade slaves that could do double, triple, or quadruple duty of what the trade slaves do now.

This wouldn't help with mining slaves, but I don't really want to make mining slaves more powerful anyway.

A simple "Toss Commod X" order would work great but what we really need is for the slave to recognize when it is out of a commod. As in, if I have a slave supplying rations to 8 bases what I do is tell it to go to supply, sell to 2 bases, go to supply, sell to next 2 bases and so on. This is incredibly wasteful in some cases or not enough in others. What would be great is to set a specific supply base and then when the slave runs out of the commods it is selling it will return to the supply base and continue where it left off.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:06 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Spartanski Smok
Level: 2432
Class: Gunner

a jedi master wrote:
yugioh124 wrote:
Three selens/EFBCs seems like it would be quite OP, but FC really doesn't benefit nearly as much from t21 stuff as most classes. The single biggest power increase from t20 to t21 is in the new ships, and the t21 augs that goes along with that. FCs get a new main ship, but their slaves, the part of them that does the actual combat, get nothing. I think I'd rather see RC constantly kept 2 levels below piloting (so, RC19 for t21 skills, RC20 for t22 skills, ect) and have a few new slave-oriented t19 ships added. It would remain more balanced this way, while also allowing FCs to progress with everyone else.

Agreed. I was thinking that once we get to t20 things will get overpowered, but that's just an old way of thinking since it's all relative to what the current power is

+1

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:13 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2