It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:56 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Post Default Team.
When new players log in, they are placed in a default team. They are free to use this as a stepping stone and communication with other members. The players are allowed to stay on this team even if they go p2p.

The players are able to leave the team if they wish to, and will be able to rejoin this team, by completing a basic mission in Sol(NPC recruiter).

Why? To cut down on the pointless questions some F2p may ask. If the "Big Influx for C2" is real, any cut is a good thing.

The new players are encouraged to make friends and start their own teams, though. The Tithe is locked at say, 10%, and with unlimited character slots, the team chat should get quite crowded. Characters inactive for 2 weeks, however, are auto-booted.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:56 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

Post Re: Default Team.
So much potential for griefing, no. If you really want a noob chat, just make it players level 200 and lower (plus mods, of course) get automatic access to it.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:27 am

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996
Class: Gunner

They have this... its called Help chat.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:04 am

Team: Aero
Main: JaceGannon
Level: 1683
Class: Shield Monkey

Camsy wrote:
They have this... its called Help chat.

You can't have All-type chat conversation in Help.

I think a level-specific chat is needed. With the new skill point system, people will be in more early/mid-game gear for longer, and will have many more setups/gear choices/gameplay experiences to discuss. A chat option for levels 0 to 999 would add a place to discuss content relevant to their level without adding clutter to All or being insulted for talking about lowbie gear.

There could be a 1k+ chat as well, but I am not sure how necessary this is, as by this stage most players are in teams and have developed contacts to discuss things they need.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:18 am
over 9000!

Well, the one thing I recognized with noobs is that by level 3, they all seem to want a team. However, f2p teams are mostly either scamming teams(dudex), or hardcore pvp teams(Maxeth).

And then they keep asking for a team until they rage and quit, or go p2p. Sometimes their lack of connection keeps them unteamed as p2p.

So, a default team. Maybe the PVP thing could be taken out, but the point is so they don't fill all chat with "Need Team", and noone letting them join because they're under level 12.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:19 am
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

Sorry but it's not a good idea. We would be unable to moderate their chat and they could end up with complete assholes on the team who will try their best to sabotage for them.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:40 am
over 9000!

The Voomy One wrote:
Sorry but it's not a good idea. We would be unable to moderate their chat and they could end up with complete assholes on the team who will try their best to sabotage for them.

Certainly a team could be opened up? I mean not a "true" team chat, one that all moderators/admins are effectively members of, and therefore can access the chat.

More more general help chat would work, though. One where normal conversations can be made, without having a level 3000 call them noobs.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:44 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

I like the spirit of the suggestion. I wouldn't really mind moderating a recruiting chat where people could advertise for squads/teams. Slap a chat timer on it and it's no harder than Trade chat to moderate. This would help people find teams (or recruit for their teams) and work well for public Oly squads too.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:56 am
Support/PR Administrator

Team: None
Main: Ananke
Level: 0
Class: None

I'm really bad about hijacking suggestions and pointing to old suggestions made by me. There was already some discussions about region based chat in this topic, viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45937 if you want to take a look at it. I support the idea of an "all chat for low levels."

Image Image

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:17 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Bobby Bobbs
Level: 2142
Class: Engineer

I am curious about who would be the director of this team? Who would be the councillors? These would be the people that can set the tithe and take team funds. Who is to stop a top tier team from getting control of the Default team and getting all of their members on to avoid the team mmember cap? Assuming the default team wouldn't have a cap or there would need to be more than one.

I'm not necessarily against the idea, but I am unclear on how it would work.

Also, I highly doubt we would see any change in the frequency of questions in All or of newbies asking for teams.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:59 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]