It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:09 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620
Class: Speed Demon

Post Warping
As I'm sure you know, ships are still spinning out of control about 1/3 of the time after jumping through a wormhole on AP. Instead of trying to fix whatever is keeping them from stopping like they should, why not just let them keep flying like trade slaves do in C1?

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:40 am

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: FFs V
Level: 3006
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Warping
Slaves are client side and ap is server side or something :P

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:46 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Aredes
Level: 2142

VatFF wrote:
Slaves are client side and ap is server side or something :P
I would think it the other way around, think about it! If you turn off your computer, all your slaves would go dead and drift out! =P

But regardless, this doesn't mean that player AP can't work the same way as slave AP!!

Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:29 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3162

Dorin Nube wrote:
As I'm sure you know, ships are still spinning out of control about 1/3 of the time after jumping through a wormhole on AP. Instead of trying to fix whatever is keeping them from stopping like they should, why not just let them keep flying like trade slaves do in C1?

No? It's fine as it. Even if we could do that (which we can't) we would get issues with 'stopping' on the last warp in the Ap sequence.

Just fix the damned bug, sucks for MCers.

Time Warp

~Oscar Wilde

andezrhode2a wrote:
Timmeh is the exception to every rule.
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:53 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163
Class: Engineer

Player AP is client side due to the fact that mapcaches are stored for each character locally. It's easier to do it that way than to keep a mapcache for every single character in the database somewhere, rather than having all those extra queries for the DB every time you AP.

While that is the current case, if the necessity to explore your map was done away with, i can't see it hard or resource intensive to have highly functional AP system for players that was powered server side. It would already know what the next gal in sequence is etc.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:15 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Aredes
Level: 2142

Mail wrote:
Even if we could do that (which we can't) we would get issues with 'stopping' on the last warp in the Ap sequence.
Before I go any further, I'd like to say I'd happily settle for the spin out bug fixed and nothing further, and that there's obviously more pressing matters to attend to than shiny new AP algorithms... BUT:

Slaves fly at a wormhole full speed and only correct their velocity after they jump and load the next area no? Other than compensating for latency, I'm lookin' at Grade 11 physics equations here to make it work hypothetically? One of the game managers also hold the galaxy name you're AP'ing to. Coding it to AP to it normally and stop on the point once said wormhole is within sight should be simple enough?

Sorry to say, I don't believe you when you say it can't be done!

However, unless there's wormhole location information at least 1 galaxy ahead on the AP route, it would be SLOWER for slow turning ships!

Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:16 am
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]