It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:13 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Weapon Locking
I'm sure it will come with a UI mod at some point, but how about a key that toggles auto-firing on and off. If it's toggled, holding down the space bar for 1-2 seconds (configurable) will auto-fire. Just press space again to disengage. If not toggled on, you can fire at will.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:05 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

biggee531 wrote:
I'm sure it will come with a UI mod at some point, but how about a key that toggles auto-firing on and off. If it's toggled, holding down the space bar for 1-2 seconds (configurable) will auto-fire. Just press space again to disengage. If not toggled on, you can fire at will.

It just switches into firing mode when pressed and switches out when released, as is. It's autofire if the program stops listening for a release event after a given number of seconds.

[s]I'd like some proof that you guys are males[/s]

might be a bad idea nvm

Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:48 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

That reminds me, when u have autofire locked on c1, ship wont shot anything else but the ship u had targeted while locking. It would be nice if it changed target in c2.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:51 am

syberian wrote:
That reminds me, when u have autofire locked on c1, ship wont shot anything else but the ship u had targeted while locking. It would be nice if it changed target in c2.

No it wouldn't. That would mean you can't select a different target in the mean time. "I clicked on a police ship in Sol and suddenly my ship blew up!" Oops, clicked on a ship you didn't want to fry? Tough luck. Clicked on a passing EF ship?

I agree it would be nice to be shooting right away when you click something for when swarms want to kill you, but it doesn't save much time between clicking and hitting the space bar.

might be a bad idea nvm

Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:37 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 2837
Class: Shield Monkey

how about double tap buttons = locked?

double tap space bar, BOOM it locks

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:44 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: number666.5
Level: 1885
Class: Fleet Commander

shawn_mccall wrote:
YOu don't do it like you do in C1 at all, sadly I have no idea how I did it because it was on accident. Just know that it is out there though. :P

hold spacebar click on desktop
done

s_m_w wrote:
Space Dragons! Because normal dragons are not awesome enough.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:37 pm

Team: The Legion
Main: Omen
Level: 1555
Class: Seer

I like how in C1 if I am healing something I can select other things without my weapons changing target. This means I can heal a zerker and scoop at the same time or view the shields of others in the squad.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:00 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Markoz wrote:
how about double tap buttons = locked?

double tap space bar, BOOM it locks

But it already locks if you hold it!

That convenience feature is also a hinderance, just like autocorrect on apple devices. It's a bad idea to implement something like that. Sure, my spelling is now in proper english, but, I can't have a mixture of good and bad spelling! Can't add strange letters in random places with it.

Double tap of space bar would really piss off those of us who like to press the button multiple times when using fly pellets on space rats. I like to hit the button every shot, okay?

After user adjustable delay, stop listening for a release, instant autofire.

might be a bad idea nvm

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2