It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:38 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Team: Red Faction
Main: DHM
Level: 2754
Class: Engineer

Post a few suggestions on changes
make the Didus ineptus have 2 engine graphics instead of 1, i changed it myself into 2, and looks much better
also make us able to change the size of the engine thrust output, cause as it is now, we cant access the thrus XML

Ares drones need a change, their bank is too small for energy, and elec regen is crap, they can go for 3 sec, and then stop firing, when it is actually meant for beginners, i cant use them on C2, till i get uber gear, so far magic attacks are like 30x better then ares, cause they basic ly suck

visibility on drones, and their sizes need a beef, i had to get my microscope to find them on my 27" monitor ( guessing im not the only one playing at highest resolution.

make us able to tell slaves if they need to stay close => how close is max, 200 - 500 - 1000 -1500 ?, through option in the game settings, or option in slave menu when you tell em to stay close

have the Visibility bar ( top screen ) also view a number, so you dont allways have to hold the mouse to see the number

Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:11 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Red Faction
Main: DHM
Level: 2754
Class: Engineer

Post Re: a few suggestions on changes
here is my change to the Didus engine for 2 engines, seems kinda weird for the HUD to have the engine tail with 2 engines on the side

<default>
<model>DidusIneptus.obj</model>
<texture>DidusIneptus.jpg</texture>
<enginemounts>
<mount0>-12.0, 1.0, -25</mount0>
<mount1>12.0, 1.0, -25</mount1>
</enginemounts>
</default>
<combat/>
<travel/>

Last edited by jeroen07008 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Erebos
Level: 0
Class: None

Agreed, newbies require ai base drones to be functioning for more then a couple seconds....Mobile lightnings and ares are awful for energy.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:16 am
Profile E-mail
Dev Team

Didus engine suggestion added.

Ares drones needing a beef will go under review as we spend time on the new player spectrum of equipment and leveling AI over the next few months.

Drone Vis / Size, I'll have to think about this one, some drones are definitely a bit small but others are plenty big. We'll see.

Slave's and their stay close / custom distance is something that's been around for awhile now but not sure if we'll be adding it anytime soon, probably when / if the slave's are given another full overhaul.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]