It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:42 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Zeus Throne
Madridista wrote:
anilv wrote:
I'm not going to dig up a link at the moment. I guess it's always possible that they'll reconsider, but it was clearly stated by a content dev on the forum that a 3rd aug was out of the question. I can't say I disagree with that, to be honest.

I remember goldy saying a 3rd aug slot would bring the ZT up to being slightly less powerful than an HM, but the ZT+ would be slightly more powerful than an HM+, which seems a fair trade off imo. I know names don't mean anything to you calcutron, but surely ZEUS Throne should be the best (if only by a little) and most expensive ship.

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Griffin wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:
I'll look into it (balance wise) next time I'm playing with the ships balance sheet (tomorrow probably).

Make these sheets public. There's tons of things imaginative people can think up when they know the parameters.

You do realize these sheets have every single stat on items in them, even some balancing ones you don't see? This is why we suggest suggesting rough stats, or some stats so we can work the rest in (hell, if we let you think up everything, where's the fun and imagination for us(me)? XD)

But, the sheet say ZT is the least powerful, by quite a bit. Just giving it a 3rd slot brings it much more inline with the others... But that's such a boring fix, any other ideas?

And ideas for the in builts?

As far as I can see there is nothing to suggest the third aug slot is not going to happen. And unless they decide to add something truly broken and game changing as an SSS I also don't see a way to bring it more in line with the rest of the Oly gear without adding a third aug slot.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:42 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

SSS are honestly nothing to balance a ship around. The only real useful ones I know of are on the Pos Wave. Would much rather have a 3rd aug and my choice on how to customize a ship rather then aoms semi useful item with a minute recharge.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:18 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620
Class: Berserker

So bageese any ideas on this? Seems this was an effective.necro and this issue still hasn't been solved.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:44 am
Profile E-mail

paxiprime wrote:

a ZT+ will in no way be more powerful than a HM+ lol

HM is the best ship in game atm

Fuck you are awesome at missing the point

andezrhode3 wrote:
While a ZT+ may beat a HM+ in sheer stats, think about the classes that will use it, and that actually looks a lot more balanced.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:49 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Time Warp
Level: 3162
Class: Shield Monkey

Gunner changes have nothing to do with Zeus Throne stats. Zeus Throne is a near worthless ship all-round and Gunners are not the only class to use it. Capital ships, also, are a cross point for all classes, because, they all (except gunner, naturally, LOL!), have capital ship only-auras. There should be T21 versions available at their respective class bases.

Also, SSS' on a ship should provide NO weight in respect of its balancing. A ship is a ship, not a carrier for some near worthless, or midly useful item.

Timmeh

~Oscar Wilde

andezrhode2a wrote:
Timmeh is the exception to every rule.
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:51 am
Profile E-mail

Main: __
Level: 2482

A SSS has huge weight in the power level of a ship, whether you want it to be true or not. Some ships are very powerful and often used, and therefore will get a gag item. Other ships are not used and underpowered, and therefore will recieve a good item, to hopefully give it at least some sort of purpose.

It makes sense.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:53 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024

I believe the process will be like this:

- Revamp and change Gunners
- Balance the Zeus Throne to be useful to these changes, while still useful for FCs

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:20 pm
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

seanla4350 wrote:
I believe the process will be like this:

- Revamp and change Gunners
- Balance the Zeus Throne to be useful to these changes, while still useful for FCs

And has anyone on pancakes built the warship yet?

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:25 pm
Content Dev

Team: Admins
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 61
Class: None

Moved this to Suggestions Under Consideration so we don't forget about it.

Support

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620

Epic necro :D

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:10 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: VaporiZe
Level: 2735

Post Zeus Throne
Hii, just an idea =)
was thinking pos wave has the "tsunami" gen wich mimics that of pos wave, why not a Thunder Generator for Zeus Throne,
idea for stats?

Once Activated ...
Drains Near by enemys energy bank at a rate of about 1k/sec for 5 secconds.
With a max of 5 enemy ships to be drained at any given time?

After 5 secconds, Discharge the energy drained at a rate of 50% damage per energy drained at your current locked Target This would give a max damage of about 12.5k
also have a knockback pulse x1 simmilar to tsunami

Description: Somtimes They Need To Be Vaporized

Cooldown 7-10mins?

I mean the Zeus Throne hasn't got much going for it, just an idea that i had wich would make it a little more worthwhile =) haha

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:13 am
Profile E-mail

VaporiZe wrote:
Hii, just an idea =)
was thinking pos wave has the "tsunami" gen wich mimics that of pos wave, why not a Thunder Generator for Zeus Throne,
idea for stats?

Once Activated ...
Drains Near by enemys energy bank at a rate of about 1k/sec for 5 secconds.
With a max of 5 enemy ships to be drained at any given time?

After 5 secconds, Discharge the energy drained at a rate of 50% damage per energy drained at your current locked Target This would give a max damage of about 12.5k
also have a knockback pulse x1 simmilar to tsunami

Description: Somtimes They Need To Be Vaporized

Cooldown 7-10mins?

I mean the Zeus Throne hasn't got much going for it, just an idea that i had wich would make it a little more worthwhile =) haha

I like the idea of maybe replacing some of the inbuilts on the Zeus Throne with a Thunder device that both gives a small knockback at large range, but also gives a tweak to enemy energy banks.

For my case, I wish that the super special on the Zeus Throne that creates the fighters should be removed, and maybe also the same with the missile item. There are way more powerful missiles and fighters available that makes up a better use.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:20 am

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020

yes I would rather the fighter gen and missile gen be taken off the ZT and turned into factories like the other fighter/missile gens and something useful like that "Zeus's Thunder" SSS vapor was brilliant enough to concoct. (Look I even found a catchy name for it.)

The missiles are sorta meh...not really that useful. The fighters are reasonable but the number and the time needed for them to be generated is just not high enough to make those SSS's truly useful.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:22 am

Main: __
Level: 2482

Yeah, but honestly, the pos wave's inbuilts practically MAKE the ship. I don't think we really want too many ships like that, because it limits their potential. Better to be like the HM, with a vast number of possibilities!

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:04 pm
Profile E-mail

Cygnus, it has been clear now for some time that giving the Zeus Throne a third augmenter slot is out of the question. So the only way to save this ship, is to at least make the best out of the raw stats and what else the ship comes with. And there is the problem with the two terrible inbuilt super specials on the Zeus Throne, they don't exactly make the ship any better.

If it was as amazing as a Hephaestus Machine, it wouldn't be a question. But it isn't, so changing the super specials to make them really amazing instead of terribly horrible would be a good way to fix this ship. And there is no limit in potential of a ship, the only limit is the players imagination.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:57 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next