It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:51 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
Content Dev

Team: Admins
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 61
Class: None

Post Re: Zeus Throne
I'll look into it (balance wise) next time I'm playing with the ships balance sheet (tomorrow probably).

Support

Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:44 pm

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

Blue Dwarf wrote:
I'll look into it (balance wise) next time I'm playing with the ships balance sheet (tomorrow probably).

Make these sheets public. There's tons of things imaginative people can think up when they know the parameters.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:01 pm

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: -Zeus-
Level: 2477
Class: Berserker

Sorry been a bit afk great to see so many people are in agreement with this but i must still stand by my 3 augs slots and same increase to shields and energy. then that would compare to the other oly ships. then its worth forking out the creds

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020
Class: Engineer

Griffin wrote:
By goldstar's logic, Gunners should be killed Missile Masters.

Makes more sense to me anyway. Most of their damage is done through mass missile spam. Their weapon damage is nothing to brag about most of the time. but the weakness debuff is handy.

But id call em something more spiffy... Maybe Missile Tech.

Thanks much dwarf. I appreciate your concern and help so far.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 2610

I find it slightly ironic that the comparisons have been primarily with PBF and not with EFDN... let me incite futher displeasure.

ZT stats are exactly the same as EFDN stats, with the exceptions of (generally) 10% better resists, 20 more speed, and LESS bank bonuses. for what? 100x the cost at least?

The one thing I would point out is that ZT build consumes no Platinum at all, since plat bars are exclusively (by smart ppl) made using cyanure, and the research modules are not consumed. The weight of platinum in the research modules is significant but lets be accurate when we place that weight, shall we?

Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:05 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

Wicked expensive either way. The reason I personally compared it to the PBF was simply that we already have 4 very dedicated t21 Cap Ships that are improvements on the Dread from Red Photon. Having 2(4 RP Ships = 1 in this) ships attempting to fill the Dreads slot in the t21 level is incredibly silly when you provide both with only 2 aug slots and the exact same job.

That being said if you look at the t20 level we have 2 t20 Cap Ships not counting the BS and both are incredibly different in their job and equally attractive in their different uses. Giving the ZThrone a "PBF makeover" would make it very useful in a different way then the RP ships. Nerfing some of the stats for a 3rd aug slot so at to make it more customized would be pretty cool and I would personally use the ship on a few of my chars should I have the chance.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:31 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: -Zeus-
Level: 2477

Im sorry its pretty obvious this needs the 3rd aug slot it doesnt even compare to the other oly ships.

This Pretender takes the longest to kill in oly yet if you throw it into some ai or pvp it would be the first to die. ZT - 3 aug slots wouldnt be broken, but it would be worth using and actually useful.

Im building this ship regardles cause i think its hella sexy :)

Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020

Zekk wrote:
I find it slightly ironic that the comparisons have been primarily with PBF and not with EFDN... let me incite futher displeasure.

ZT stats are exactly the same as EFDN stats, with the exceptions of (generally) 10% better resists, 20 more speed, and LESS bank bonuses. for what? 100x the cost at least?

The one thing I would point out is that ZT build consumes no Platinum at all, since plat bars are exclusively (by smart ppl) made using cyanure, and the research modules are not consumed. The weight of platinum in the research modules is significant but lets be accurate when we place that weight, shall we?

Its not like people are going to build a ton of ZT's to sell..we are talking one use blueprints. you cant do what we did with dreads and just sell em to pay for the research modules an such. So i count that as part of the final cost.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:55 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Shawn
Level: 2603

Blue Dwarf wrote:

Also please re-look at the Absentis and delqua. abs is tech20 and delqua is tech21 and very expensive but abs has better stats almost allaround.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:02 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

saran wrote:
Zekk wrote:

Its not like people are going to build a ton of ZT's to sell..we are talking one use blueprints. you cant do what we did with dreads and just sell em to pay for the research modules an such. So i count that as part of the final cost.

I think you are missing the point. There is a lot of great Zeus gear (currently much more worthwhile than ZT) that you need the modules for. Any decent team should have at least two Zeus research modules, so I don't think it's correct to factor in the plat cost when discussing the build cost of the ZT at all.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Main: __
Level: 2482

Shawn wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:

Also please re-look at the Absentis and delqua. abs is tech20 and delqua is tech21 and very expensive but abs has better stats almost allaround.

Delquad is amazing at what it does. Which is different from what an absentis does. It's fine.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Kyp
Level: 2610

Shawn wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:

what drugs are you on? the only thing worse on delquad is reflectivity... which is still managable for PvE. and for DPS purposes the inbuilts kick the shit out of absentis.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:20 am

Main: __
Level: 2482

Why the HELL do people COMPLETELY ignore things when they compare stuff? Do certain stats just go out of vogue from time to time? Is resistances not fashionable right now?

Ye gods, people!

The delquad has TERRIBLE resists. It is COMPLETELY unsuitable as an ubering ship unless you can GUARANTEE that it will not get shot, because if it gets agro, it's probably going to die.

But EVERYTHING else about it is ridiculously awesome. You just have to not get shot.

Sheesh...

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:35 am
Profile E-mail

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

Cygnus wrote:
Why the HELL do people COMPLETELY ignore things when they compare stuff? Do certain stats just go out of vogue from time to time? Is resistances not fashionable right now?

Ye gods, people!

The delquad has TERRIBLE resists. It is COMPLETELY unsuitable as an ubering ship unless you can GUARANTEE that it will not get shot, because if it gets agro, it's probably going to die.

But EVERYTHING else about it is ridiculously awesome. You just have to not get shot.

Sheesh...

Your sniper gets shot? :P

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:13 am
Content Dev

Team: Admins
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 61
Class: None

Griffin wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:

Make these sheets public. There's tons of things imaginative people can think up when they know the parameters.

You do realize these sheets have every single stat on items in them, even some balancing ones you don't see? This is why we suggest suggesting rough stats, or some stats so we can work the rest in (hell, if we let you think up everything, where's the fun and imagination for us(me)? XD)

But, the sheet say ZT is the least powerful, by quite a bit. Just giving it a 3rd slot brings it much more inline with the others... But that's such a boring fix, any other ideas?

And ideas for the in builts?

Support

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:00 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next