It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Thermal
Level: 3024
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Alternate Tech 21 Skills Testing!
The Shard-Token-Dust ratio seems fair and nice.

Going to run through some missions now.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:07 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483
Class: Speed Demon

One thing that seemed odd to me about the missions is that some appear to be combat related and others appear to be more like fetch missions where you bring in some random low level dg drops, some commods, etc, and you get your dusts.

IMO it would be a lot better if you were able to choose your mission set instead of getting one completely at random. This would allow people who are more into the trading/base building/econimic aspect of the game to progress with their strengths, and those who are more combat focused to do the missions they would like to do.

The random assignment of missions can be a blocker which might be frustrating to the players if they can't find any of the commodities they need readily available via trade, or have a hard time beating the AI, especially if they randomly get the same mission they can't complete over and over.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:02 pm
Dev Team

Team: None
Main: Col Legno
Level: 0
Class: None

These aren't supposed to be easy, and they aren't supposed to be completed by characters that aren't ready for t21 skills. The random part of the missions is to make sure a player is well rounded enough in their t20 skills to be ready for t21. If a player cannot kill the ai in the combat missions then they need to work on their t20 setup still and I hope this will be incentive to do that. If they do not have access to the commods for the commods missions, they are going to have a lot of trouble trying to get or build t21 gear. So while this is not meant to block players from getting skills, it is also not meant to facilitate the gaining of skills for players who are not ready.

I'm getting the daily mission reset timer tags in now and I'm looking into a strange bug in which the bosses have suddenly decided they'd like to fly out 30k in each galaxy. Once this is done I'll have the content back up and ready for testing. I'll post on forums when it's ready. If you'd like to ensure that the difficulty of the combat missions is fair for players ready for t21 skills, I encourage you to come out and join us for some testing.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:17 am
Profile E-mail

Hi Col,

I've already done some of the missions on test. However don't you think having more appropriate higher level items instead of lower level items would be more suited as a test to make sure they have a good t20 setup? Instead of low level dg drops, perhaps something that is a bit more appropriate to someone in a t20 ship would be better. I was kind of thinking something that would drop from copper queen, anaconda, mad scientist, iq bana queen, or some of the other lower level ubers. The highest end of t20 ships should be capable of killing these either solo or as a duo, and they aren't used for much else besides that 1 time per characters career to get their t20 skill. Basically what I'd like to avoid is a situation where you have to waste time farming very low level dgs, which is neither challenging nor fun IMO.

Only problem there is that the lockouts are several days, so maybe that isn't an adequate solution since people should be doing these missions once per day ideally, but I'm just suggesting the missions at least revolve around something that would be more appropriate for someone in a high end t20 ship to be doing. The combat portion seems right, the random wandering perilous AI are hard but not impossible for people to kill. Just the commodity and fetch related missions seem a bit out of place.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:56 pm
Dev Team

Several people have mentioned that and I'm thinking about it, because what you're saying definitely makes sense. Commods I think are appropriate for this: base extensions, extracted commods used for high end builds (dark matter, frozen blob, etc.), built commods (personal computers, fab factory parts).

I don't want anything horribly expensive (some of the really high end bought commods are in the range of 3b a pop) or hard to get like higher end weapons. I say this because while the missions are intended to make sure people are ready, they shouldn't go broke and should be able to do these often.

I definitely see your point on the lower level items and I'll be rethinking those.

Last edited by Col Legno on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Personally I think there are a lot of items that drop frequently in higher end DGs, but have very little use for the most part simply because you don't need more than a handful during the career of a character, or they simply drop disproportional to the ammount of times you'll use them. It might be a good idea to make some use for them through these missions so that people have a reason to do the highest df dgs. Items I would suggest:

- hydra gear (hydra eyes, belly, awesomeness, hide, and tail)
- venusian gear
- greener augs
- oversized/gigantic give and take
- mercurian blueprints
- demented aug tablets
- poseidon the earthshaker tablet
- sup. class aug tokens and t20 class augmenters in general
- achillese augmenter blueprints
- exc. aug condensers
- capital armageddon laser core
- speedy/spacey sup. augs

Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:05 pm
Dev Team

The daily mission timer tags are in and working. For testing purposes I've set all the missions to reset every hour.

The bosses flying out bug is now fixed.

I redid a lot of the commods in the Alchemist mission line. Thanks for the suggestions, great ideas there.

We need more Seer testing (thank you if you're a seer and want to help out!) and I'm still looking for feedback on rewards.

Right now it's still under discussion whether shards will be buyable with tokens and whether excess shards can be turned in for tokens. Comments welcome of course.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129
Class: Shield Monkey

please make them take the dreaded magIX!!!! pleeez or venusian junks... would give these worthless items a value again

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:29 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Main: Biggee
Level: 2163

I think item sinks for most DG dropped gear would be phenomenal, including venu gear, hydra gear etc.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:30 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: ducknutz
Level: 1307

so when is this coming online, trying to get on the server to test it out, havent been able to but excited to see how it goes :D

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:31 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenodread
Level: 1289
Class: Gunner

I was a little disappointed on test, because of the missions that required commods, but otherwise I can't wait for these to be live.

Visorak wrote:
We aren't paid to innovate. We aren't paid to do things the easy way. We aren't paid to do things the smart way.

We are SS. We do things Jeff's way.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Dev Team

We're aiming to put it in at reset.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996

Col Legno wrote:
We're aiming to put it in at reset.

@Col

Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:33 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenodread
Level: 1289

And when is reset?

Visorak wrote:
We aren't paid to innovate. We aren't paid to do things the easy way. We aren't paid to do things the smart way.

We are SS. We do things Jeff's way.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:16 am
Profile E-mail

Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035
Class: Berserker

treygrey1 wrote:
And when is reset?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50446

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:43 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next