It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:23 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Lord Runningclam
Level: 3813
Class: Engineer

Post Aug Downgrader
What it is: A set of factories sold in Acropolis - they follow the same pricing system and stat system as the module gizmo factories in Lyceum.

What they do: They use a commod and a few creds to downgrade an aug from sup-exc, exc-good, etc.

What they don't do: they DO NOT DIVIDE a sup aug into TWO exc augs etc - just one.

The purpose: sometimes standard augs are FAR more annoying to get than higher tech augs. This allows the conversion of better augs (like good electric augs) that drop in annoying quantity to fulfill the aug needs for modules (std modules can be particularly annoying). This will reduce tedious shop hunting or players having to farm dgs far below their play level.

The key to this is that this doesn't proliferate augs - its a 1:1 exchange ratio, so in a sense you're trading credit value of the augs and a commod for an aug you specifically need to use.

I put this in acropolis specifically to avoid cluttering up drop tables with even more annoying condensor like things that will accumulate in thatches by the hundreds.

Thoughts?

Lord Runningclam

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:01 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

Post Re: Aug Downgrader
I agree that it should go in Acropolis and not in the drop tables if it should go in at all.

Not to hijack your suggestion, but I would place at a far greater priority the ability to specifically hunt each type of augmenter the way that certain ones (damage + hostile) can now be hunted in Copper, for at least the tech range of minor-exc. The reason this is pertinent is that it would likely make this type of suggestion unnecessary while streamlining the process of obtaining augs even more.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Lord Runningclam
Level: 3813
Class: Engineer

I see your point, but honestly, I'm not really wanting to make it easier to farm the augs. If the augs are made that much easier to get, I'd like to see a cost attached to it.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:00 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

I guess I just find it silly that certain augs can be farmed (Good Elec) while others can't. Either it should be completely random or there should be various areas with slightly elevated chances for a given subset of aug types.

Again, kudos for suggesting that the downgrade factory come from an AI base and not from drop tables. I'd certainly use it if it went in.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1101

I fully support all ideas present.

As for enk's suggestion, it isn't so much a beef to drop rates as a determination that IF an augmenter drops, it's probably going to be X as opposed to any other kind of augmenter.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:58 pm
Profile WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]