It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:34 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Bobby Bobbs
Level: 2142
Class: Engineer

Post Odd guard behavior in Undead Code Herder
There is something up with the radar on the guards in Undead Code Herder. This may be part of your efforts to nerf Snipers' ability to solo Maus, but it seem pretty weird.

The guards in Undead Code Herder can see me from at least 10K distance. I have 25 vis and no matter how far I went away from the middle of the gal, the guards would come out to me, whether or not I was firing at Code Herder. A group would come, i would kill them, move far from the debris, then another group would come to me again. I was over 10K away from the middle before I got bored of killing the guards and left.

At the same time, Code Herder would not really approach me either. I could make him with some effort (nothing wrong with making me work for the kill), but he either could see me well, even when I was firing, or you have him coded more cleverly to try to stay alive.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:01 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Paximaximus
Level: 2572
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Odd guard behavior in Undead Code Herder
i was seen from 10k with 1 vis..

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Doman
Level: 2627
Class: Berserker

Both Code Herder and Helro have their own flight patterns and will not give chase.

And it seems all adds in Mausoleum have been given radar to see people 10~20k out.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:29 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

Admins really messed this aspect of it up though in my opinion, they could have found a better solution to the problem instead of giving automatic negation to one of the primary aspects of two classes. Really, this was a lazy and inept solution to something that could have been made much better.

My opinion, and I almost put this into a suggestion a while back, was just give all maus ubers PWIs/Sing Brakes, but instead you just came up with an increative crap solution. Shank you very much whoever thought that up.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:38 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Imo, the admins fucked another thing up.

Instead of "fixing" it yourself, ask what the playerbase(biased posts are deleted) thinks of how to change them so a single sniper cant solo, without beefing them, and not kill the point of was fun ubers(aside from shit snipers soloing).

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:17 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]