It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031
Class: Engineer

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Post Re: Weird Capship Fighter Thingy...
I've been redesigning it recently and have a 600poly version (minus the dick bridge thingy) with cannons. I have to finish some stuff on it but will upload it soon.

(go super-descriptive post!)

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:49 pm
Profile E-mail

Finished the model. Reduced down to 772 polygons, UVW unwrapped. Added new version to main post.

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:42 pm
Profile E-mail

BUMP

JeffL wrote:

Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163

You see on the UV map how about 90% of the polys aren't closed off or connected at all? That is not okay. That basically means you have a lot of extra polys that are unconnected that are intersecting with each other at weird angles throughout the entire model.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:19 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

biggee531 wrote:
You see on the UV map how about 90% of the polys aren't closed off or connected at all? That is not okay. That basically means you have a lot of extra polys that are unconnected that are intersecting with each other at weird angles throughout the entire model.

As far as I'm aware, they are all fine. Are you sure you're looking at the right model/map? I literally UVW'd, MANUALLY, every single polygon.

JeffL wrote:

Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
biggee531 wrote:

As far as I'm aware, they are all fine. Are you sure you're looking at the right model/map? I literally UVW'd, MANUALLY, every single polygon.

It's easy to see that you didn't; the UV map is perfectly mirrored across the vertical axis. The gaps might be caused by not exporting border edges as part of the UV map. Also, i'd really recommend how to make an actual UV map, no one in their right mind would want to make a useable texture based off of the one you shared.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:13 am
Profile E-mail YIM

biggee531 wrote:
thecrazygamemaster wrote:
biggee531 wrote:

It's easy to see that you didn't; the UV map is perfectly mirrored across the vertical axis. The gaps might be caused by not exporting border edges as part of the UV map. Also, i'd really recommend how to make an actual UV map, no one in their right mind would want to make a useable texture based off of the one you shared.

You have no idea how difficult it is to make everything simmetrical. I manually did that map, I don't care if you believe otherwise. Not to mention, if you think it was done automatically, well done to me, I emulated a computer.

JeffL wrote:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:58 am
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996
Class: Gunner

Unfotunately biggee has a valid point, it's more than difficult to texture this due to lines missing. I'll try my best but results will be :/ at best.

Edit: So I tried texturing it and putting it ingame, still having troubles with the location of everything and it doesnt look very good but here's what I've done so far. Also you'll notice the ship is flipped up the wrong way, its standing up on its nose, make sure the nose is on the Z axis :P

ReEdit: Deffinately something wrong with the texture, I put it in the game after spending about 30min working on a basic texture idea. When I put it in it looked absolutely horrible, not sure why but its impossible to make out which poly is for which part of the ship.
On the other hand I decided to flip your ship up onto the right axis just incase someone else wants to try texturing.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60130296/Tortoise2.obj

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 01, 2012 12:30 am