It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

Team: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Main: Xantus
Level: 602
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Combat Slave issues
Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing issues with some of your combat slaves not attacking anything? Currently, I have 6 Paximinus ships as combat slaves, and only 4 of them will attack my target while the other 2 just fly around my target doing nothing, no weapon usage or anything, they'll just fly circles around my target. I have them all set to "Follow Me" and "Attack My Target" as I normally do. Seems possible that something was borked with the latest patch, not entirely sure though as I have not seen any other reports of this behavior.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I've tried docking them, switching their weapons, using the /resetslaves command, etc. Have basically tried everything pertaining to slave control as I possibly could.

Fri May 25, 2012 9:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Aidelon
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 1874
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Combat Slave issues
loknarus wrote:
Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing issues with some of your combat slaves not attacking anything? Currently, I have 6 Paximinus ships as combat slaves, and only 4 of them will attack my target while the other 2 just fly around my target doing nothing, no weapon usage or anything, they'll just fly circles around my target. I have them all set to "Follow Me" and "Attack My Target" as I normally do. Seems possible that something was borked with the latest patch, not entirely sure though as I have not seen any other reports of this behavior.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I've tried docking them, switching their weapons, using the /resetslaves command, etc. Have basically tried everything pertaining to slave control as I possibly could.

Do the check status command, they probably either can't see the enemy (no radar) or have some error that would explain it.

If they can't see the enemy there won't be an error, the slave will just be blissfully unaware

Fri May 25, 2012 9:27 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Could also be trade slaves. That was fun having my FC's combat EFC's accidentally equipped with Even More Ultimate bots and dyinga few times before realizing the problem.

Fri May 25, 2012 9:30 pm

Well, they all have radars and their status reports check as clear (as far as I can tell) and they all have the basic Combat Controlbot equipped. Am at a loss here as they were functioning normally yesterday before the lag fix thing the devs implemented. Suppose i could try a clean install and see if that does anything, though I don't suspect the problem is stemming from my client.

On the plus side, at least those 2 slaves still make somewhat decent bullet cushions, lol.

Fri May 25, 2012 9:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: Bonecrusher
Level: 2144

Have you checked to make sure their weapons are equipped?

Do they have energy?

Sat May 26, 2012 2:54 am
Profile E-mail

Yes, their weapons are equipped. Yes, they have energy.

Sat May 26, 2012 7:23 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 2610
Class: Engineer

Have you tried piloting the ships and making sure you can fire the weapons? There's a bug going around where people's ships are suddenly and inexplicably becoming unable to fire. Seems to get fixed whenever the server goes down.

Tue May 29, 2012 4:31 pm