It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 am

Team: Traders
Main: Makskip
Level: 2049
Class: Fleet Commander

Post Easter Fighters
I decided as FC to play around with the fighters obtained via the easter missions. I really liked them, and they were quiet unique, but they are pretty buggy and not fully usable atm.

First we will start off with locust fighters. I love these little guys and they are fantastic DPSers but never before have I seen a single thing make so much lag. I can quad client and get a reasonable 30fps on all clients, but a single client can't manage a swarm of them and the lag killer maxes out and I am at a laughable 5fps... I nearly ruined a lion run, thankfully we were only in river.

Next we have the Rabbit Hunters. Also great DPSers, when they can actually hit their targets. They seem to wanna lead their targets but end up firing shots a hundred or so distance ahead. Big targets aren't too bad, but small targets wind up having about 80% of the shots miss.

Next there are the Lice and Stormcloud fighters. I really liked these. Fighters that launch fighters? What's not to like? Well... the main fighters have obscene range and drift out to 2k+ distance launching fighters. This means, more so for the storm clouds, that the launched fighters waste most or all of their time flying to the targets and don't fire much or at all. With the storm clouds more then half of the DPS is lost. The lice fighters seem to do far more DPS then the storm clouds, probably because of the disappearing fighters.

Finally we have the Fly and Death of First born. These are ok I guess. The Flys have almost very little DPS but they seem to be the lowest tier so meh. The Death of first born is a tad under powered, but I really like the fact that it uses OHLs.

In general though I find all of the Easter fighters to be WAY too squishy. Whether it is shields, resists, or speed I haven't really checked, but I find myself losing 60% - 75% of the fighters I launch, compared to 1 or 2 in extreme situations. In the first lvl of lions it only took 1 salvo of LBs to kill 3 locusts. And a small DG of picks killed over a dozen different fighters just from CC while experimenting with them. Border collies are extremely easy to obtain and have a far superior survivability rate, and at this rate I feel the easter fighters will be little more then paper weights. I REALLY like the concept of these and would like to use them in combat situations, but atm they are not really usable.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:25 pm
Content Dev

Team: Admins
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 61
Class: None

Post Re: Easter Fighters
Makskip wrote:
First we will start off with locust fighters. I love these little guys and they are fantastic DPSers but never before have I seen a single thing make so much lag. I can quad client and get a reasonable 30fps on all clients, but a single client can't manage a swarm of them and the lag killer maxes out and I am at a laughable 5fps... I nearly ruined a lion run, thankfully we were only in river.

Now fixing, I was meant to do this earlier but it slipped my mind.
Edit: Dropped number pellets, and increased the recoil (DPS is the same), also reduced the number of particles.

Quote:
Next we have the Rabbit Hunters. Also great DPSers, when they can actually hit their targets. They seem to wanna lead their targets but end up firing shots a hundred or so distance ahead. Big targets aren't too bad, but small targets wind up having about 80% of the shots miss.

They aren't really intended for small targets, maybe I'll up the projectile speed a bit.
Edit: Projectile speed on them is already at 1.2k, and they have double the amount of acceleration that Sterile Cannon does, not increasing this.

Quote:
Next there are the Lice and Stormcloud fighters. I really liked these. Fighters that launch fighters? What's not to like? Well... the main fighters have obscene range and drift out to 2k+ distance launching fighters. This means, more so for the storm clouds, that the launched fighters waste most or all of their time flying to the targets and don't fire much or at all. With the storm clouds more then half of the DPS is lost. The lice fighters seem to do far more DPS then the storm clouds, probably because of the disappearing fighters.

Already dropped the range on Stormcloud by 33% (next patch), they didn't drift out this far for me, but I didn't test them with fleet commander skills.
I might drop this to 50%, given you said 2k distance.
Edit: Dropped both of these to 50% of their current range on live

Quote:
Finally we have the Fly and Death of First born. These are ok I guess. The Flys have almost very little DPS but they seem to be the lowest tier so meh. The Death of first born is a tad under powered, but I really like the fact that it uses OHLs.

Nothing much to say here really, I like DoFB as they are.

Quote:
In general though I find all of the Easter fighters to be WAY too squishy. Whether it is shields, resists, or speed I haven't really checked, but I find myself losing 60% - 75% of the fighters I launch, compared to 1 or 2 in extreme situations. In the first lvl of lions it only took 1 salvo of LBs to kill 3 locusts. And a small DG of picks killed over a dozen different fighters just from CC while experimenting with them. Border collies are extremely easy to obtain and have a far superior survivability rate, and at this rate I feel the easter fighters will be little more then paper weights. I REALLY like the concept of these and would like to use them in combat situations, but atm they are not really usable.

They all have really small shield banks, I suppose I could increase this a bit, but some of them are already pretty powerful as they are (when testing, a single Stormcloud (non FC) would kill an Acme without loosing any fighters pretty quickly).

Currently I've given all the missiles a shield buff ranging from x2 to x4 the current shields, although I feel this may be a bit too much. (x4 on the Stormcloud, x2 on the babies. Small Passover missiles are x2, Med are x3 and Large are x3).

Support

Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:40 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402
Class: Engineer

My only issue with the fighters seems to be the fact that so much effort was put into creating these awesome new diverse fighters....which are only obtainable for 2 week~ out of the year. Doh.

Love the concept but that is a little silly :lol:

Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:22 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Chaosking3 wrote:
My only issue with the fighters seems to be the fact that so much effort was put into creating these awesome new diverse fighters....which are only obtainable for 2 week~ out of the year. Doh.

Love the concept but that is a little silly :lol:

The bane of all Holiday related content. Only exists for 2 weeks, goes away for 50 weeks.

Holiday Content should have been much more universal instead of 1 Zone/Galaxy each event. It would just be easier to get stuff during the holidays because of Holiday-only missions/universal drops.

But otherwise, I could have my Unholy Lion Thruster in June, but it'd be more difficult than doing the mission in Halloween.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129
Class: Shield Monkey

the shields are too low, there wont be any left in game in 3 months

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:42 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW