It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Team: Eminence Front
Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Gunners ~ Come GET SOME!
I believe the recent patch allows you to get stats on any ship you own. Try it out.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:06 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

Wat.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:13 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

It told me my Rhino was a Dark Freighter.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:29 pm

Main: __
Level: 2482

I mean, add it to a trade bay :roll:

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:28 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Power Player
Level: 2485
Class: Speed Demon

Considering the module Gatling platforms take (dem cap), they seem rather... lacking

When i hear gatling, i expected them to RAPIDLY launch their 10 missiles.
They actually shoot missiles slower than my dread can, and because they are stationary, the missiles need to fly and keep up with a target that is likely moving away from them. Thus the damage isn't being applied as "immediately"

And even then, their damage also seems rather small... single large gatling can just take out a rosmary.

With their energy requirement and how fragile they are... deploying a full 6 against a higher level AI would likely result in them getting popped beforehand, or the gunner himself dying.

I can put out DPS faster with the normal AP and kinetic missiles than the gatlings can.

They also take up all missile slots untill they have fired all 10 of their missiles.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Power Player wrote:
Considering the module Gatling platforms take (dem cap), they seem rather... lacking

When i hear gatling, i expected them to RAPIDLY launch their 10 missiles.
They actually shoot missiles slower than my dread can, and because they are stationary, the missiles need to fly and keep up with a target that is likely moving away from them. Thus the damage isn't being applied as "immediately"

And even then, their damage also seems rather small... single large gatling can just take out a rosmary.

With their energy requirement and how fragile they are... deploying a full 6 against a higher level AI would likely result in them getting popped beforehand, or the gunner himself dying.

I can put out DPS faster with the normal AP and kinetic missiles than the gatlings can.

They also take up all missile slots untill they have fired all 10 of their missiles.

Noted. I didn't want to overpower the static launchers (DMs would get all defensive) but those are valid concerns. I'll look into boosting them a little.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Xenodread
Level: 1289

DMs get defensive about everything, first off.

Secondly:

I've found I can dps most ai one on one with the new missiles, but in a dg they tend to get popped before landing a single hit.

Also, lancers seem to use a bit too much elec for them to be useful at all. Smaller ai get one hit, but that's with large lancers (I'm talking level 500 bana ai). With the huge elec cost and the meh DPH it's often better just to get in close and spam APs. I would suggest beefing the heat laser(IE: more range, full tracking, is it possible for them to MF?), and giving them a delayed explosion time, so that the laser will fire more than once. Again,back to elec, since they have a huge minimum firing range they seem better suited for a HF gunner. But HF gunners I've talked to use a regen based elec which can't keep up at all to the massive elec drain of 4k per missile.

Disentegrators are nice I guess, but they're squishy. I liked them better when they took away resists. That extra debuff would've really made a gunner actually useful in runs.

Overall I think the new missiles are nice, but I don't think they're the endgame missile gunners need to become relevant. Right now we're more of a novelty than something that's useful.

Visorak wrote:
We aren't paid to innovate. We aren't paid to do things the easy way. We aren't paid to do things the smart way.

We are SS. We do things Jeff's way.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:13 pm
Profile E-mail

treygrey1 wrote:
DMs get defensive about everything, first off.

Secondly:

I've found I can dps most ai one on one with the new missiles, but in a dg they tend to get popped before landing a single hit.

Also, lancers seem to use a bit too much elec for them to be useful at all. Smaller ai get one hit, but that's with large lancers (I'm talking level 500 bana ai). With the huge elec cost and the meh DPH it's often better just to get in close and spam APs. I would suggest beefing the heat laser(IE: more range, full tracking, is it possible for them to MF?), and giving them a delayed explosion time, so that the laser will fire more than once. Again,back to elec, since they have a huge minimum firing range they seem better suited for a HF gunner. But HF gunners I've talked to use a regen based elec which can't keep up at all to the massive elec drain of 4k per missile.

Disentegrators are nice I guess, but they're squishy. I liked them better when they took away resists. That extra debuff would've really made a gunner actually useful in runs.

Overall I think the new missiles are nice, but I don't think they're the endgame missile gunners need to become relevant. Right now we're more of a novelty than something that's useful.

Disintergrators still debuff resists, but for less time ~ the issue was that -resist debuffs don't stack, and your weapons provide more anyhow. Current damage is 8,000 in 20 seconds [400/tick] for the large ones ~ note that this effect can't be stacked, so you're best off only using one.

Lancers - I can look at them. HF gunners usually have ~ 70k bank if they're augged for missiles [PtE + CaL?]. However, there's no way to prevent them using their warhead once they get close ~ and if they hung around, they're quite squishy. I'll look at giving them a RoF / Range boost on the weapon.

I notice you don't mention MIRVs or Bunkerbusters - not got them, or simply they're good so you're not complaining? ;)

Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996

Shhh don't talk about MIRV and bunkbusters, someone might find out and try to nerf them! D:

Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:47 pm

both are just fine the way they are O_O

come to think of it, the splash damage the bunkerbusters might be nicer if up'd abit, considering the large explosion they create. only AI that are practically ontop of my target when the missile blows receive any noticable damage.

Wouldn't hurt giving the lancer AoE damage abit of a beef.

Vortex missiles also seem to have rather "low" range

90% the time i use them, i end up also getting caught in the vortex, and at those close ranges, you can't use most your other missiles due to targets being too close and mirvs get pop'd or detonate before splitting.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:22 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Xenodread
Level: 1289

Here's an interesting idea.

Could you give the lancer missiles a push tractor strong enough to overpower their engine. It fires the tractor for a set amount of time so it can circle and fire the wep. Then it is allowed to go in and detonate.

Visorak wrote:
We aren't paid to innovate. We aren't paid to do things the easy way. We aren't paid to do things the smart way.

We are SS. We do things Jeff's way.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:16 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:

Lancers - I can look at them. HF gunners usually have ~ 70k bank if they're augged for missiles [PtE + CaL?]. However, there's no way to prevent them using their warhead once they get close ~ and if they hung around, they're quite squishy. I'll look at giving them a RoF / Range boost on the weapon.

I notice you don't mention MIRVs or Bunkerbusters - not got them, or simply they're good so you're not complaining? ;)

Well I use alot of missiles on my HF Gunner and it is augged CaZ Vulture Alby

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:42 pm

Large disrupters don't seem to have any affect other being a normal missile

Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:12 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: Pomco
Level: 2031

I have heard that there was 3 either upgrade or new weapons put in to the game for gunner, I have a set of preachers. what are the other two?

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:18 am

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153

UrQuan Uppercuts and something else we don't yet know of.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:35 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next