It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Team: None
Main: SirDraygon
Level: 228
Class: Speed Demon

Post Re: Question: What would you pay massive amounts of credits for?
Some GOOD things I saw here...

1: Jumpgates (Full support)

2: Lottery (More or less, so long as it functions).

3: Planet-Asteroid Belt Conversion

4: Credit Bank

The third should be nerfed to where only one asteroid field can exist per star in that galaxy, so as to not cause as much interference.

Jumpgates would definitely be something worth the money (Maybe a perma-warp-drone-thing that can be placed in your HQ and Outpost galaxies), especially if you're claiming the throne and need a quick boost.

Lottery...
Mehh, I could care less for the lottery, but hey...good idea all the same.

Bank! I've seen very few ways to make money while i've been weakened, so yeah. A bank that pays out an extra 1mil/hour per 100mil you put into it would be spectacular (Level-capped in usage so that mains have to use a lower-leveled alternate).

Jumpgate Drones? A must. Bank? Perhaps. Lottery? As I said above. Bank? Helps a ton, but should be nerfed somehow.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:01 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Bella Morte
Main: Lilith
Level: 840

for HHHHAXXXXX !!!!!!!!!!!!! no but cerial.... id pay massive cred's for things that cost real life money , Sub's , credits (cough i didnt say that) , name changes . aug reset's , exct.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:15 am
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Damen
Level: 2008
Class: Berserker

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Here's my suggestions:

• Team bonuses / Universe. Teams can build projects @ their HQ (or main proddy base to be installed in the HQ) which give a selection of bonuses for the duration of the universe only. These bonuses would effect every member of the team, and obviously you'd build them prior to a uni restart, and equip them as soon as your main HQ was laid. Examples:
  • Spend 1500 bil: +5% drop chance for an entire universe
  • 250 bil: +3% damage for each team member
  • 750 bil: +5% suit on every colony with a teamed base

• Server wide bonuses: a team can sacrifice to Adum, and give the entire server a small bonus e.g. spend 10 bil, give the entire server a +10% XP boost for an hour, or spend 25 bil and get a server wide +5% drop rate for an hour -- perfect for those Olympus runs). The best bit? A server wide announcement in colour stating how your amazing team was helping everyone out.
    e.g.
    Team Traders have appeased Adum, and the entire universe will enjoy +10% XP for two hours. All hail the Traders!
    or
    Team Strawberry Pancakes have appeased Adum, and the entire universe will enjoy +5% drop rates for the next hour. All hail the Strawberry Pancakes!

• Spend X billion to reduce times on lockouts. e.g. Spend 1 billion for a tier 1 lockout to be reduced by X%, spend 25 bil for a tier 4 reduction.
  • Example: Spend 10 bil to reduce your Oly lockout by 50%, or to 11 hours

Those are just three off the top of my head.

I like all these ideas!

Man tell me you didn't do that, I'm gonna cry I think.

Aridas

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:18 am

Team: Heaven
Main: Cpt Mawson
Level: 1011
Class: Shield Monkey

I would sink my credits into using AI Bases as connectors and nothing else special.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: M I L F
Main: Howl
Level: 1550

kingwayne30 wrote:
I would sink my credits into using AI Bases as connectors and nothing else special.

Kinda broken considering ai bases can't be killed.

Aut loquere meliora

Silentio.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:27 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

NewFound wrote:
kingwayne30 wrote:

No, you mean over-complicated.

The idea is that AI bases could link galaxies, but not defend galaxies from players or AI's. It only links the ownership, to allow bases on the other side. If a team wanted to, they could put down a base in said galaxy, unowning it instantly.

All bases downhill now are in unowned galaxies.

It's the ultimate overextending. And as with overextending, if an enemy or random pirate or hugging wex decides to poke you, you stand to lose a lot more than a turtle team.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:43 pm

Team: Immortal Silver
Main: Rootbeer
Level: 1575
Class: Fleet Commander

i dunno if anyone has said it yet.. but maybe like a galaxy where you can buy something at an ai base to make ai spawn. like in a sub galaxy in colo? of course make it so the ai dont drop anything. would be good fun and practice.

:D

Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:02 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Cpt Mawson
Level: 1011

Max235 wrote:
NewFound wrote:
kingwayne30 wrote:

No, you mean over-complicated.

The idea is that AI bases could link galaxies, but not defend galaxies from players or AI's. It only links the ownership, to allow bases on the other side. If a team wanted to, they could put down a base in said galaxy, unowning it instantly.

All bases downhill now are in unowned galaxies.

It's the ultimate overextending. And as with overextending, if an enemy or random pirate or hugging wex decides to poke you, you stand to lose a lot more than a turtle team.

Churchy knows what i mean :P

Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:27 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Death Arrises
Main: Freddy
Level: 329

kingwayne30 wrote:
Churchy knows what i mean :P

Tell me why people would pay any amount of creds for what a noob team could come by fuck over, causing your ownership to drop or gals to go unowned anyweys?

Camsy wrote:
When a topic gets so intense even the tl;dr doesn't make sense.

NewFound wrote:
If it true you are an idiot. If it isn't you are an idiot.

Idiot.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:58 am
Profile E-mail

Team: The Originals
Main: Lol imra15
Level: 641

I'm with rootbeer :D

Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:45 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Aidelon
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 1874
Class: Engineer

taco wrote:
i dunno if anyone has said it yet.. but maybe like a galaxy where you can buy something at an ai base to make ai spawn. like in a sub galaxy in colo? of course make it so the ai dont drop anything. would be good fun and practice.

Already been suggested, been said it's exploitable.

I suggest: An AI base where you can buy/sell expensive drones, but at more than just 1/2 price to make it worthwhile to the seller. More like 4:3 or something. Jeff already suggested it and it seems like a good way to pay hard cash for drones

Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:43 am
Profile E-mail

Team: First Blood Resurrection
Main: BipolarJuice
Level: 210

Unstable Wormhole Emitter: Made via a single use BP which can be bought from the Lyceum/DG dropped. Produces a base with custom graphics (imagine a stargate with a shrunken star sonata wormhole in the center). The BP requires tons of credits and generic materials like Rubi, Laconia, Tit Sheets, etc and some commods based on the 'flavor' of the emitter.

UrQa Emitters would requires shit like Urko Q, Paxian Emitters would need space boomerangs, Monochrome emitters would net shit like Enchromas, Kromelite and Kromatico, etc, etc.

When placed the base has no weapon slots and acts as a DG gate. The wormhole itself takes several hours/days to charge. When it does you may warp into it, leading to a randomly generate DG based entirely on the flavor of the gate (entirely UrQa AI for an UrQa gate). The AI in the galaxies have a higher chance of dropping items with mods and some specialized gear not obtainable elsewhere etc.

Once the gate has been used it takes a few more hours/days to charge before it can be used again and goes to another randomly generated DG (or you could have a large list of pregenerated galaxies it cycles to).

Rewards would vary massively too, you could get a dud DG with 2 galaxies and nexus level loot or a long 14 gal DG with an extremely powerful boss (Bana Queen for the UrQa one?) and some very exclusive loot.

F2P noob signing out.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:12 am
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996
Class: Gunner

I like elements of that, I'm just imagining jumping into a dg with 7 bana queens as the ai. XP Pretty cool idea, idk how'd you'd program it though. Also youd have to make sure loot < credit cost otherwise it loses the point of making it.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:17 am

Team: First Blood Resurrection
Main: BipolarJuice
Level: 210

Camsy wrote:
I like elements of that, I'm just imagining jumping into a dg with 7 bana queens as the ai. XP Pretty cool idea, idk how'd you'd program it though. Also youd have to make sure loot < credit cost otherwise it loses the point of making it.

Some of the time the loot would be so shit you might want to shoot yourself in the head (Imagine getting a Urqa'Qii (thats the t3 bana weapon for the uneducated)). But you could get some amazing, exclusive t21 gear as well and even everything in between, but the AI would have pretty minimal credit drops and most of the time you would end up with some somewhat high end gear t15-t19 but generally even if you used it as often as you could, lets say it charges every 3 days and the uni lasts 4 months, each month being 30 days. So you end up using the gate about 40 times.

To balance it out, you would need to get a few bits of t20/21 gear to pay it off. Imagine it as a lottery that shoots at you where you are the only player and the prize pool has not been disclosed to you.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:39 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but maybe able to pay to speed build times up? Or maybe easier to code would pay to knock down the manhours on a certain BP.

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next