It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996
Class: Gunner

Post Re: Guaranteed Base Content
Lol you basically just quoted my hidden message XP

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:22 am

Main: Llessur
Level: 2808
Class: Engineer

I think the construction crate is a great idea, as unlike Battlecruiser I cannot foresee the future :) and i have been in the position of starting a build and then hsving a war break out.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:21 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Main: PM Me If You Suck
Level: 1996
Class: Gunner

It sounds like a good idea but I still have a feeling that something about it is just seriously broken and/or exploitable. I can't put my finger on it, but I'm sure theres something...

Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:05 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

A ton of these ideas are both broken AND exploitable depending on how you see it ^^ My opinion on bases is they are already overpowered so adding more abilities, stronger weapons and making them easier is not the best idea ever but at the same time I would never suggest weakening them. Would rather deal with slightly OP bases then underpowered ones that can be rolled up without to much PvB. That would be the worst thing to happen to SS ever.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:32 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Bella Morte
Main: Lilith
Level: 840
Class: Speed Demon

-

Last edited by Fallen- on Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:21 am
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Chaosking3 wrote:
A ton of these ideas are both broken AND exploitable depending on how you see it ^^ My opinion on bases is they are already overpowered so adding more abilities, stronger weapons and making them easier is not the best idea ever but at the same time I would never suggest weakening them. Would rather deal with slightly OP bases then underpowered ones that can be rolled up without to much PvB. That would be the worst thing to happen to SS ever.

Bases are getting heavily nerfed. To the point that if you're not on 24/7, an active team the size of Aidelon could force every EF member to quit the game as your bases fall to shitty pvai augged Wattages and shield monkeys that log their seers for healing.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:34 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: yellow
Level: 1703
Class: Seer

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Bases are getting heavily nerfed. To the point that if you're not on 24/7, an active team the size of Aidelon could force every EF member to quit the game as your bases fall to shitty pvai augged Wattages and shield monkeys that log their seers for healing.

What you tryin to say?

I like being a Shm and a seer, there is nothing wrong with that!

NOTHING AT ALL!!

Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:01 am
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

The Wattage zerk that attacked badaboom's galaxy was pvai augged, and the primary shield monkey(the only one in a rhino, rest were wards) logged on his seer to attack the sniper.

An assault squad of 8-12 people failed to even GET to 4 t18 bases, let alone actually dps them.

Take that same number and apply them to Resident Evil, and they'd be able to kill badaboom's bases.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:47 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
The Wattage zerk that attacked badaboom's galaxy was pvai augged, and the primary shield monkey(the only one in a rhino, rest were wards) logged on his seer to attack the sniper.

An assault squad of 8-12 people failed to even GET to 4 t18 bases, let alone actually dps them.

Take that same number and apply them to Resident Evil, and they'd be able to kill badaboom's bases.

Churchy, sometimes I just don't get what your point is...

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:51 am
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

I am saying, that the fail that Aidelon is in the pvp/pvb sense will be able to defeat and destroy Eminence Front's bases if Aidelon is more active than EF. Thats how badly bases will be nerfed.

All because the RTS controls are applied to bases.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:58 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
I am saying, that the fail that Aidelon is in the pvp/pvb sense will be able to defeat and destroy Eminence Front's bases if Aidelon is more active than EF. Thats how badly bases will be nerfed.

Good point, I don't like the RTS controls either.

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:01 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129
Class: Shield Monkey

where have you heard bases will be nerfed? i missed that dev post

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:08 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020

Battlecruiser23 wrote:

'xactly when did you get an example like this? I never remember a time we were on the offensive against EF. Only when we have been attacked by both EF and SP at the same time and generally overwhelmed by numbers with base support.

Then borderline exploits with tractor beam ships that had 10k+ range and out-ranged the capped base max range with weapons AND launched multiple attacks to different places at the same time.

I dare you to take on two of the top teams in game with a middling team and come out smelling of roses.

I Might be an experienced player..But there are some terrific and skilled players on those teams.

So there...change your example to something more reasonable please churchymonster.

And remember he who slings mud looses ground.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:53 pm
over 9000!

It's not an example. It's true. Why? I was there. Badaboom on Red Dawn declared war on Aidelon because there was some aggro issues(probably an aggroed base) he could not be assed to pm Aidelon for a mark.

Aidelon showed up hot and heavy. They brought a Wattage Zerk, a Seer DS, 3 Ward Monks, a Rhino Monk, an AB+ Engineer, and an Absentis Sniper. They proceeded to attack Badaboom's bases directly, which were 3 T18 Lac Kits and a T18 Bana kit.

The zerk never took aggro. In fact, the minute the sniper set foot in the gal, HE took the aggro, and died. Then the shms started to take aggro, and died. The Rhino monk(yellow) logged off to get his panther seer as the other shms were dying. The Engineer never took part. Badaboom said thank you for all the GG.

In the end, it turned out the zerk wasn't even built for hostility, and not only that, wasn't fully augged. The wards weren't fully geared and so had things like misd and os misd.

Afterwards, Badaboom and Aidelon worked out a ceasefire, and Badaboom went back to his war for me(which had started because he called me chink and nigger and got killed as a result). I proceeded to inflict vastly more damage to Badaboom than the ENTIRE Aidelon team.

Funny, eh?

So, even with that FAIL of an attack group, bases would be so heavily nerfed that that group could take on EF's Gals then. Got to some grief against EF? No problem. As long as you're more active than EF, then you will be able to pvb EF's gals into the ground while EF would be unable to get past your base owners.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:59 am
Content Dev

Team: Admins
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 61
Class: None

Either take this off topic-topic to another forum (SS General Discussion), some form of PM or some other place that isn't this topic (and still isn't 'spamming' another) or I'll lock this.

Also, some more ideas would be nice!

Support

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:17 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next