It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:02 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2157
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Server patch October 26
if you took out completely, just eliminated, rc and dd, i would still be able to lvl a character to 500 in about half a day.... it's just nothing to be stopped, are too many tricks.

if you do want to make lvling harder, and keep people in a mid range more, you do need to think about the content issue. Because it will get stale and old very very fast for the new players.

I don't hate the rc change, but the philosophy of limiting rc and dd to keep people from lvling is just a bad one...

Last edited by goett on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:25 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035
Class: Berserker

yes increase the sp of RC and DD so we can get free GG from noobs!

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:26 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791

most of the changes just make it shit to be a new player.

Existing players can pour enough money into alts to allow them to afk level. New players have neither the money nor the knowledge to do any of this.

Swarms used by existing players to level alts often have capped/built gear (adv. minor rage augs for example, the low pax energies were also used in the past, as well as basil energies.). New players don't have access to these things.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:34 am
Profile E-mail

Team: TorchWood
Main: TheKC
Level: 5
Class: None

Blue Dwarf wrote:
The main thing is, we increased SP costs for core skills, which meant making loads of slaves was really easy to do.

Personally I would have just increased DD and RC point costs in the same manner. But meh.

yeah agreed wouldhave made more sence but lets face it...

first someprimary.. now more or less all primarly skills.. now u adjust all skills bit by bit that affect leveling before hittint end game leveling range lol..

sersiosly!! ..next time add a 50% XP multiplier for lvl 1-750 lol.. same result and you wont have to adjust all the ai and gear.. cause sooner or later you will realize that it is a big difference between:
-Me, a in C2 playing noob alt lvl 20 with p3 (since i dont had any spare sp lol) jumping in a dg with 5 flylets (yeah the lvl 13 buggers).. fully getting owned.. hey i at least knew it was a bad idea as soon as i saw them ;D...
and between:
-Someone else i talked to on vent, a real new c2 player, who has no idea what ai to use to lvl or face, who quit soon after diing the 10th time, cause atm the ai level does not at all reflect their degree of difficulty.

back to my previose suggestiong, leave that shit out while u can before uni reset, and give them all a nice XP% multiplicator nerf for up to lvl 750 lol

PS: seriosly 100SP as lvl 20 even when in a roswell using drones.. wasnt fun ;D

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:37 am
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

Was intending my last alt to actually go through with being in the skill point change to increase difficulty. Well, after seeing what a level 8 AI does in nexus on beta..I shall be leveling it to get to a point where it wont be affected.

A single level 8 fly egg at janitor's outpost was tanking(regen countering all damage done to it) the damage from a level 15 player. After being pushed, and critted away for about 6 times, he stopped moving as he was floating away. He had exited, and probably isnt coming back.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:58 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: __
Level: 2482

As far as i can tell, money is a lot easier to get in C2 than in C1, at least at lower levels. I mean, i got my new character about 100m in an hour at level 12...i still haven't spent it all.

But from what i can tell, this is actually an amazingly good thing. People will have difficulty leveling with AI gear, and they'll need to use ruin gear a lot more which will make for a much more diverse experience!

The trouble with this is that bases die way too easily, and it's difficult to get SM skills.

Personal suggestion; make Station Management 1-3 available in the nexus, and 1-6 in sol. Introduce 2 new station kits: one tech 3, one tech 6, that have some really really nice inbuilt stats, in exchange for no aug slots and not so much combat ability. Just big tanks, essentially, kinda like capships.

That way people can get their kit down and have some time to build defenses before they get attacked by whatever.

Also, it would be extremely nice if there were some low tech only ruins in celestial garden, like tech 10 maximum or so, so higher levels aren't tempted to go after them too much but lower levels can get them.

Also, a tutorial for base building ingame would be amazing. Maybe just an item you can buy in the base tab that has descriptions of what all the base stuff does from base only items to colonies.

Seperate Suggestion: Make AI bases consume resources more quickly but buy for less in celestial garden. So players can sell as much as they want for reduced profit, making extraction bases actually an option for people who dont have epic colonies to sell their stuff to.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:13 am
Profile E-mail
Content Dev

Team: Admins
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 61

One of the developers is working on a series of missions to introduce players to base building, step by step.

Support

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:23 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

Blue Dwarf wrote:
The main thing is, we increased SP costs for core skills, which meant making loads of slaves was really easy to do.

Personally I would have just increased DD and RC point costs in the same manner. But meh.
Its like... you want to piss off everyone ever.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Content Dev

Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 61

They're just my opinions, no different than if I said it from my player account.

Players think too much of what dev team members say (again, personal opinion)

Support

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:49 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

We are working on fixing the swarms and the difficulty of ships post-Nexus. We are also greatly increasing the XP you get from missions.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:13 pm
Profile WWW

Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503

JeffL wrote:
We are working on fixing the swarms and the difficulty of ships post-Nexus. We are also greatly increasing the XP you get from missions.

Great move, although can you still only get a max of one level per mission? Or was that fixed?

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

I'm not sure.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:19 pm
Profile WWW

Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035

fuck missions.

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:36 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: M I L F
Main: Howl
Level: 1550

Base building missions need to be extremely well layied out and put a lot of emphasis on colony building, empire creation and be heavily story line based. The base building in SS is something very unique to this game and will grab a lot of newcomers, you should link this into a team building missions which offers leadership for free and also the flag making skill with tutelage on how to work both. If you introduce these two things right it will be invaluable in enticing new players to stay, I don't think other games centre around this enough and SS has the best empire building/clan creation system i've seen in any game thus far, you should most definantly flaunt it. I know I and many others were hooked by the base building and team creation aspect of the game, and remain hooked because of it. The only reason I stuck around for so long is because I continually made, destroyed and re-made teams. Its the same for many others. Not only that but it will promote a more diverse universe, advocating new players create their own team rather than falling into the fold and joining an already estalished team, then getting everything for free and learning little for themselves. More competition, more diverse gameplay and more pvp if done well.

Aut loquere meliora

Silentio.

Last edited by NewFound on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: M I L F
Main: Howl
Level: 1550

playerboy345 wrote:
fuck missions.

.. Ignore him.

Aut loquere meliora

Silentio.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next