It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 am

Content Dev

Post AI Feedback Thread
Feel free to post any feedback regarding AI difficulty in here, as well as suggestions on how to improve them. Please include any information that might be helpfull, such as whether you are playing on C2 with increased skill costs, what class you are, etc.

I will try to consolidate all feedback into some sort of list later

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:05 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: FFs V
Level: 3006
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: AI Feedback Thread
Big Greens. Either make the more vulnerable to one damage type (like rad, mining or something) or increase their level. Why? It is really self-explanatory :P

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:14 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

My biggest issue in C1 is with AI swarms at lower levels (between 50-500, and especially 50-100). Ragnaroks and Seraphs are some of the worst, though there are at least a dozen AI that seem to love attacking in groups of 3 or more, and pre-500 players aren't ready to deal with this. Also, at those same levels, AI running away is a major problem. Players do not yet have tractors powerful enough to stop the AI, and they just fly off and warp away.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:16 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163
Class: Engineer

Ragnarocks and goblins are a bitch to kill at their level. Goblins are hackers and have insane range, rags just swarm like crazy.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:16 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: None
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

These are just personal opinions.

I believe that Wattages have just a touch too much range. At the moment it seems almost impossible to avoid their fire, which is made even worse by their chaining.

Big greens of all levels are a bit too low level. They're never really worth the effort of leveling on them. The only purpose they serve atm is cannon fodder and for giant goblets.

Level 2k forgies have a ridiculous amount of shields for their level. Their DPS is fairly in line with it, though. Like someone else said, a positive XP modifier on them wouldn't go amiss, maybe even like 1.5x .

At lower levels, AI running away is an issue, not because it makes it harder, but because it makes it impossible. There's very little way for a player to keep them in their damage, so the AI will have at least 30 seconds or a minute to escape before the player manages to catch up. Often that's enough for the AI to regen a lot, making fights drawn out and frusterating.

Swarming at lower levels continues to be a problem. Fighting 2-3 AI at once isn't a problem. Fighting 15-20 at a time IS a problem.

Rosfires have too big of shields. They're the BG of low levels, nobody ever kills them because they take forever, they do decent DPS, and they're teamed.

Basil bacteria aren't effected by exterminators because of their health. Most players might as well not even equip an exterminator. Personally i think you should either reduce the health on the parasite by a little bit, just enough to reduce the damage by maybe 25-40%, or make the parasite nanite based so you dont lose elec trying to remove a parasite you cannot remove.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 2610

Space Blue Gammas and MF basils both are slightly harder than their level would suggest, as compared to rosies for example. or may just rosies are too easy for their level.

BGs are too much work to kill for their level, but otherwise easy to deal with. Just takes way too much damage to kill them; forgones are easier to kill but more dps - honestly they should be around the same level imo if you didn't change their equipment.

Bigger Greens are just right but the MF Bigger greens (level 1.7k or so, fire 3x titan pulse guns, 3x mags, 2x titan laser...) are a smidge low level: their DPS quite extreme and they take a beating; the only class that can really take them easily is Sniper.

Some have observed that Bigger Greens have less shields than Big Greens, and MF picks less shields than regular Picks, which seems silly, but I've not conclusively proved this with the new shipscanners that will tell me their shield banks.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:32 pm

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: FFs V
Level: 3006
Class: Shield Monkey

Not that i have a problem with wattages, but this is a bug that i dont think ever was fixed : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45424&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=Wattage

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: UrQa Vazuk Qii
Level: 2468
Class: Berserker

Zekk wrote:
Space Blue Gammas and MF basils both are slightly harder than their level would suggest, as compared to rosies for example. or may just rosies are too easy for their level.

Space Blue Gammas are very hard. Basils can be hard if you soak all their damage, but they have rather low shields, compared to Space Blue Gammas. And yes, Rosies are way to easy for their level. The upper two versions of Rosies, the level 900s and the level 1400s are fine tho.

BGs are too much work to kill for their level, but otherwise easy to deal with. Just takes way too much damage to kill them; forgones are easier to kill but more dps - honestly they should be around the same level imo if you didn't change their equipment.

With a RadEx FC with a slave swarm, you can pick off BGs with radiation damage easily.

Bigger Greens are just right but the MF Bigger greens (level 1.7k or so, fire 3x titan pulse guns, 3x mags, 2x titan laser...) are a smidge low level: their DPS quite extreme and they take a beating; the only class that can really take them easily is Sniper.

Here I really have to agree. Bigger Greens are perfectly fine, the MF Bigger Greens should be level 2000-2100. They have extreme DPS for sure and have long range, while also taking a while to kill.

Some have observed that Bigger Greens have less shields than Big Greens, and MF picks less shields than regular Picks, which seems silly, but I've not conclusively proved this with the new shipscanners that will tell me their shield banks.

MF Picks have less shields than regular Picks. I think normal Ice Picks are a bit strong for their level, when it comes to the ability to tank, so they should have their shields lowered a bit

Replied to some good points up there Kyp.

Alright, so, here are some things I wish to see:

Full DG level of Condors. Will be great fun for both Speed Demons and Snipers to level in these. Condors already have a nice level if I remember correctly.

More levels of vultures. These have a half-decent level, and are a challenge for many players when they come in groups of 6 or more.

Full DG level of Drops. Will be great fun for most classes.

And here is one little suggestions: Make level 2800 wattages coded to be 50% of the level of hardness that James Watt is, because right now they drop 3-4 times the loot you can expect from a normal DG boss, and they are just as easy to kill as normal wattages.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:01 pm

Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411

Ragnarock - Nerf DPS considerably, or eliminate swarming.
Rosfire - Nerf shields or eliminate swarming.
Ampages & Voltages - Massive nerf to DPS or make them not hit with team of 40 in every galaxy.
Basils - Make the laser non-ethereal or nerf overall DPS of both weapons and remove the -speed tweak.
Bana AI - give them 70% resist to laser so they cannot be abused to level on reavers.
Condors - Agility nerf or serious weight increase will make them more fun to fight imo.
Big Greens - Nerf resistances... A lot.
Bigger Greens - Raise AI and DF level.
MF Bigger Greens - Raise levels a lot.
Platties - Raise levels.
Wattages - increase agility and speed please.
Green Battleships - Limit them to 4 fighters a minute and beef the fighters significantly so that once you kill the fighters you have some uninterupted time to fight the GB.
Prog Rosies - Slight DPS nerf to the lasers.
MF Forgones - Shield or resist nerf.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:11 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035

shawn_mccall wrote:
Ragnarock - Nerf DPS considerably, or eliminate swarming.
Rosfire - Nerf shields or eliminate swarming.
Ampages & Voltages - Massive nerf to DPS or make them not hit with team of 40 in every galaxy.
Basils - Make the laser non-ethereal or nerf overall DPS of both weapons and remove the -speed tweak.
Bana AI - give them 70% resist to laser so they cannot be abused to level on reavers.
Condors - Agility nerf or serious weight increase will make them more fun to fight imo.
Big Greens - Nerf resistances... A lot.
Bigger Greens - Raise AI and DF level.
MF Bigger Greens - Raise levels a lot.
Platties - Raise levels.
Wattages - increase agility and speed please.
Green Battleships - Limit them to 4 fighters a minute and beef the fighters significantly so that once you kill the fighters you have some uninterupted time to fight the GB.
Prog Rosies - Slight DPS nerf to the lasers.
MF Forgones - Shield or resist nerf.

that would mean they can be killed by astra's.

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:17 pm
Profile E-mail

Which does not matter, they are being abused and should be fixed so that they are not.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:

goett wrote:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:32 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035

shawn_mccall wrote:
Which does not matter, they are being abused and should be fixed so that they are not.

reavers are already easy to kill, it's not like they're hard if you don't have 100% laser resists...

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:50 pm
Profile E-mail

playerboy345 wrote:
shawn_mccall wrote:

reavers are already easy to kill, it's not like they're hard if you don't have 100% laser resists...

You do realize if you invest SP properly you can be leveling on MF Reavers while totally invincible at level 100 right?

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:

goett wrote:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:02 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

You can do that on almost any AI.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:55 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

Chaosking3 wrote:
You can do that on almost any AI.

Yep, Spatzz levels his characters by camping Cyclops.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:03 pm