It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Content Dev

Post MF Reaver change imminent
MF Reavers will be receiving a pretty large buff to their damage and range during the next content patch (no ETA on that) [s]as well as a x.75 exp modifier.[/s] That is all

Last edited by s_m_w on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:51 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Lemon
Level: 2187
Class: Engineer

Post Re: MF Reaver change imminent
Lol. FUCK NEW CONTENT LET'S MAKE IT HARDER TO LEVEL!

Teh Meo :)

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:55 am

Team: None
Main: master802
Level: 2251
Class: Fleet Commander

Cool, just hope they aren't too powerful.

Also add more higher leveled AI :(

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Dr Acula
Level: 2752
Class: Berserker

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

That is all :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail

Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

Lol. If you're going to do this, i sure hope you add some AI that isn't so hard to kill, cause atm MF reavers are about the only leveling option for noobs from level 1100-2000. Heck, my pretty decent rhino engineer can hardly take down a full level of them.

Unless you intend for people to need to level in squads...which isn't a terrible idea, just hard to pull together. Ofc, if you have a shm alt it's pretty much easy to do anything...

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:59 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: UrQa Vazuk Qii
Level: 2468

Demiser of D wrote:
Lol. If you're going to do this, i sure hope you add some AI that isn't so hard to kill, cause atm MF reavers are about the only leveling option for noobs from level 1100-2000. Heck, my pretty decent rhino engineer can hardly take down a full level of them.

Unless you intend for people to need to level in squads...which isn't a terrible idea, just hard to pull together. Ofc, if you have a shm alt it's pretty much easy to do anything...

There are plenty of other easy AI to kill. Omega Platforms, Wattages, Prog Rosies, are all easy if done right.

And if you really struggle with taking down a full level of MFRs on your Engineer I wouldn't call it "pretty decent". I would call it a total failure really.

I think this is a fair change that should have happened ages ago.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:07 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

master802 wrote:
Also add more higher leveled AI :(

Seriously. How hard would it be to put in a new incarnation of each AI type above the current ones? Give us stuff like MF4 Forgones and MF5 Picks that will actually take a small squad of endgame players to do comfortably. And make sure to increase the level on these appropriately. I would lobby for a whole new line of AI but this seems like a good enough change as it is.

I agree with the spirit of beefing MF Reavers but think that it ought to be accompanied by introducing some higher level alternatives.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:08 pm

Here is a funny one. Jeff told me about wanting to remove Volitle Diffusers completely or nerfing them a lot one day. What are you going to do when this change happens?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: FFs V
Level: 3006
Class: Shield Monkey

The Lost One wrote:

There are plenty of other easy AI to kill. Omega Platforms, Wattages,

Those are not considered easy ai to kill, but thats another discussion.

Is this a part of the "we want people to stay mid level so we can get use for our mid game content"-idea? First increasing SP needed for skills, then reducing xp... :P

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:19 pm
Profile E-mail

The Lost One wrote:
Demiser of D wrote:

There are plenty of other easy AI to kill. Omega Platforms, Wattages, Prog Rosies, are all easy if done right.

And if you really struggle with taking down a full level of MFRs on your Engineer I wouldn't call it "pretty decent". I would call it a total failure really.

I think this is a fair change that should have happened ages ago.

I'm not saying nobody will be able to do them, I'm saying that new players will have a hard time doing them, ESPECIALLY with the new SP costs. If I have a bit of trouble, then someone who's been playing for only a few months will have that much more trouble, see?

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:42 pm

You just told me that as it is right now, your Engineer has a hard time killing a full floor of them. I responded to that, by saying that even Paxes with 6 Titan Drones and 3 Offensive Masteries with Titan Drones and Acme Drones can kill MFRs like nothing. And that is as of right now, how they are right now. If I can jump in and kill a full floor of MF Reavers with 2 Armada Inferno Drones only, and no charges, I think that your "pretty decent" Engineer should have no problems with them. That is all I responded to, as you made it sound like it was actually a bit hard, with a decent Engineer, as it is right now.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Main: Kyp
Level: 2610

s_m_w wrote:
as well as a x.75 exp modifier

can i just mention that it seems somewhat counterproductive to do that instead of changing their level? the real issue isn't that MF reavers give too much XP or that they're too easy but that they're too easy for their level, regardless of class but especially for SDs and snipers.

One factor I think our current "common" ai fail to account for is the fact that some classes can handle certain factors better than others and that this isn't bad, but encourages specialization, PROVIDED that each class actually has a set of ai they can succeed against better than others.

The bottom line is that in C2 we MUST level higher to achieve the same competence as we have in C1, yet you are destroying one of the best sources of XP for mid-high end characters and not replacing it with something else.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:56 pm

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

Zekk wrote:
s_m_w wrote:
as well as a x.75 exp modifier

can i just mention that it seems somewhat counterproductive to do that instead of changing their level? the real issue isn't that MF reavers give too much XP or that they're too easy but that they're too easy for their level, regardless of class but especially for SDs and snipers. and seers

One factor I think our current "common" ai fail to account for is the fact that some classes can handle certain factors better than others and that this isn't bad, but encourages specialization, PROVIDED that each class actually has a set of ai they can succeed against better than others.

The bottom line is that in C2 we MUST level higher to achieve the same competence as we have in C1, yet you are destroying one of the best sources of XP for mid-high end characters and not replacing it with something else. well said

The fact that you are putting in arbitrary XP modifiers indicates that you are out of touch with the game balance. I'll say again that I agree in principle with increasing the relative power of MF Reavers, but making this haphazard change without adding in higher level (and even tougher) AI to level on seems pointless.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:03 pm

The Lost One wrote:
You just told me that as it is right now, your Engineer has a hard time killing a full floor of them. I responded to that, by saying that even Paxes with 6 Titan Drones and 3 Offensive Masteries with Titan Drones and Acme Drones can kill MFRs like nothing. And that is as of right now, how they are right now. If I can jump in and kill a full floor of MF Reavers with 2 Armada Inferno Drones only, and no charges, I think that your "pretty decent" Engineer should have no problems with them. That is all I responded to, as you made it sound like it was actually a bit hard, with a decent Engineer, as it is right now.

If that's the case, then i wonder what the hell my 3x gen ops rhino with an emp drone controller, BFD's, and charges is doing wrong. Because 8 MF reavers consistently stand a good chance of killing me.

Also, i agree with just lowering their level. Stupid to just put an XP modifier on them, that just confuses people and doesn't serve any purpose at all.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:05 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Lemon
Level: 2187

Lol BFDs

Teh Meo :)

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:06 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next