It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:23 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387
Class: Berserker

Post Re: MF Reaver change imminent
Excellent rant. This is how people should rant, not that shitty stuff from the noobs that i can't even understand.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:55 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

I honestly don't notice a difference in them, just slaughtered my way through a few DGs of them out of curiousity. Don't know what you're all whining about, they're still perfectly killable, lol.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:15 am
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

Used my lower level sniper: 1150, Rizer, PSS, Hell's Gate on a Greener/Qa/Z+ setup and other misc gear.

It's actually a danger for my if I get cocky. Now thats how DF330 is supposed to feel like!

Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:15 am

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620

Now make dg's actually rewarding and make them stop dropping shitloads of useless bps >.>

Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:18 am
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

thijs12b wrote:
Now make dg's actually rewarding and make them stop dropping shitloads of useless bps >.>

That'd involve nerfing colonies to compensate.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:24 am

Seems more then logical to me, passive credit earning should be way less rewarding then active credit earning.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:49 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Evo
Main: Savak
Level: 20
Class: None

Idk about reaver's gear but I cant recall any1 saying that reavers hit harder than mf reavers.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:51 am

Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402
Class: Engineer

They do, well, did.

That being said, I don't want to be THAT guy but I now find MF Picks, MF Forgies, GB rooms and Watt rooms and even Plattie rooms! to be easier then MF Reavers =/

The issue I am running into is Reavers are now simply to abundent.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:16 am
Profile E-mail

Main: __
Level: 2482

Too much beef, perhaps?

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:21 am
Profile E-mail

They're still easy to me as a sniper but my SD has a harsh time.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:40 am
Profile E-mail
Content Dev

Mail wrote:
MF Reavers were fine as is. How the frick are we supposed to level new alts, or for that matter, how is a NEWER player with no previous experience supposed to kill them even with a group of friends? Thank you admins for screwing up another part of the game. I don't know HOW MANY TIMES we have to say this too you, but I'll say it again... WE DON'T WAND HARDER, OLD CONTENT, WE WANT NEWER CONTENT! NEW NOT HARD, NEW NOT HARD, NEW NOT HARD. FRICK.

And really, how hard is it to add in a couple of new ais? Really? You don't need to make specific gear straight away just shove 'em in out DG's ffs. Now, now you might say that lower levels aren't supposed to be doing this kind of content, and that, I concede. However that doesn't mean you should punish the older, higher level players who still want to level - you've now made one of the top 3 annoying things ingame EVEN MORE ANNOYING! Kudos!

Reavers were fine, if anything, maybe a bank boost, but nothing more, maybe 10-15k extra, knowing you guys you'll probs have them at 500k bank! Bloody hell, revert this change it's just simply a waste of coding and makes the game even more unattractive. I know you want to be retards and stunt the growth of newer players, making them stay at the lower levels, for longer, using poorer gear but increaseing SP requiresments and decreasing the availiablity of them. Then also not giving us any more low level and mid-level content, I understand, I know that you've been practicing your stupidity in the mirror every day showing of for us, I truely do, but this is a new low. Just un-do it and give them a bank boost.

NEWER NOT HARDER!

Time Warp

P.S. If you can't tell, I'm mad! Mad bro! I r!

I... have nothing to say to this. I usually try to assume that anything that I would normally consider an insult is just a misunderstanding on my part, but that's very hard to do in your case.

You want new content. Sure, I'm actually working on something right now.
You want Reavers to stay cannon fodder with pathetic damage that also happen to drop a lot of pretty good stuff. Sorry, I don't like that. Actually, I have stopped considering this as a "MF Reaver beef" because it actually is a "MF Reaver fix". They lost their overloader by accident, I just readded it. In fact, I added a much WEAKER overloader than they had originally.

And to further strenghen all of my arguments, here's a pony for you:

Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:50 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: yugioh
Level: 1854

I think I love you, smw.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:58 pm

Team: TorchWood
Main: TheKC
Level: 5
Class: None

i find this "they lost overloader by accident" agrument a bit stupid seriosly, i remeber when they were last time beefed, and they were as broken as they are now, back then (for whatever reason) they got nerfed, and nwo u beefed them back, with all respect but arguing "it should have been like that in first place" is a lame reason to switch very old content that been there for .. i can say years now.
The simple fact is u wanted to beef them cause people lvl on them and u dont like it, and if u really think u can make us think there is another superior "it should have been like that in first place"-balancing reason.. common plz.

they were always used to lvl, not a secret not a surprise, there been lots of lists done by checking the amount of ai kills, and now u suddenly feel the urgent need to "balance" them.. redicilouse

Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411

I declare smw the winner of this thread and the recipient of the best gif ever used on this effin' forum award.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Time Warp
Level: 3162
Class: Shield Monkey

s_m_w wrote:
Mail wrote:
MF Reavers were fine as is. How the frick are we supposed to level new alts, or for that matter, how is a NEWER player with no previous experience supposed to kill them even with a group of friends? Thank you admins for screwing up another part of the game. I don't know HOW MANY TIMES we have to say this too you, but I'll say it again... WE DON'T WAND HARDER, OLD CONTENT, WE WANT NEWER CONTENT! NEW NOT HARD, NEW NOT HARD, NEW NOT HARD. FRICK.

And really, how hard is it to add in a couple of new ais? Really? You don't need to make specific gear straight away just shove 'em in out DG's ffs. Now, now you might say that lower levels aren't supposed to be doing this kind of content, and that, I concede. However that doesn't mean you should punish the older, higher level players who still want to level - you've now made one of the top 3 annoying things ingame EVEN MORE ANNOYING! Kudos!

Reavers were fine, if anything, maybe a bank boost, but nothing more, maybe 10-15k extra, knowing you guys you'll probs have them at 500k bank! Bloody hell, revert this change it's just simply a waste of coding and makes the game even more unattractive. I know you want to be retards and stunt the growth of newer players, making them stay at the lower levels, for longer, using poorer gear but increaseing SP requiresments and decreasing the availiablity of them. Then also not giving us any more low level and mid-level content, I understand, I know that you've been practicing your stupidity in the mirror every day showing of for us, I truely do, but this is a new low. Just un-do it and give them a bank boost.

NEWER NOT HARDER!

Time Warp

I... have nothing to say to this. I usually try to assume that anything that I would normally consider an insult is just a misunderstanding on my part, but that's very hard to do in your case.

You want new content. Sure, I'm actually working on something right now.
You want Reavers to stay cannon fodder with pathetic damage that also happen to drop a lot of pretty good stuff. Sorry, I don't like that. Actually, I have stopped considering this as a "MF Reaver beef" because it actually is a "MF Reaver fix". They lost their overloader by accident, I just readded it. In fact, I added a much WEAKER overloader than they had originally.

Pathetic response, did you even READ my post, I'll high-light some important bits...

Mail wrote:
bageese wrote:
So I just tried a level of the new MF Reavers. Thanks smw for making this change. I'm no longer sitting there grinding but I have to think when I enter a dg and it makes leveling a bit more enjoyable. The Reavers shields are exactly the same and they die just as fast. My entry into the dg was a bit funky as I had to tank a bunch more damage to start than I'm used to, but I was still able to clear a level without vollies, without a shield monkey, and without dying. Thank you for making content interesting.

NEWER NOT HARDER!

Time Warp (is epic)

I actually forgot to mention this in my original post - I'd rather nothing new than harder, old content. It's the EXACT mantra people were saying when you added radiation resistances/diffusers to UZ.

Time Warp

~Oscar Wilde

andezrhode2a wrote:
Timmeh is the exception to every rule.
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next