It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:25 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

Post Re: Prizes for beta?
Does anyone still play the beta or did it just tank after the first few days?

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:20 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

Every since they started selling titanium model starwars ships in stores I have wanted to get SS ships made the same way.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:23 pm
Profile WWW

Main: yugioh
Level: 1854

I think beta's pretty much dead. It's too tough to do anything since admins massively increased SP costs without lowering AI power to compensate, and grinding out a thousand levels to hit endgame is just boring.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:58 pm

Team: Contingency
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2153
Class: Gunner

Thousands of players, eh?

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761
Class: Shield Monkey

yugioh124 wrote:
I think beta's pretty much dead. It's too tough to do anything since admins massively increased SP costs without lowering AI power to compensate, and grinding out a thousand levels to hit endgame is just boring.

you know, i dont really feel all that good about being utterly proven right to the point where its not funny anymore...

the admins need to restart the beta, and keep restarting it, with a few changes each time, until it is "active" consistently

Mail wrote:
Feathers wrote:
There is a good reason emp/grand prize winner woln't be going to the whole team. One person will receive a fully painted model DS, it is 6.4cm in length and bad ass as hell.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4966230/DeathStriker3DPrinted003.png

Unless the whole team pays me for them, there will be only one.

That's it? Useless.

TIme Warp

yeah, they shouldve just printed out a plastic dick so the message "go fuck yourselves" was clear, rather than implying "go fuck yourself" by giving out a plastic model of a ship noone uses anymore, rather than anything actually useful in game that would make the time spent on the beta worth the effort...

Last edited by landswimmer on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:35 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129

did the other prizes get announced yet? difficult for players to get excited about achievements on the beta if they don't know which ones are important.

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:21 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

Those ships where never intended to be the only reward, they are completely a bonus. If someone does manage to take emp they can probably expect some really nice reward.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:19 am

Main: yugioh
Level: 1854

What about all the other rewards, though? The first to do X ones, the milestones anyone can accomplish? We still haven't gotten a list of them, the people still playing are probably nearing the point where it's going to become important (all three of them).

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:28 am

Team: Death Mental
Main: ashta the 2nd
Level: 2942
Class: Berserker

Not knowing what the prizes are essentially is what has stopped me from logging onto the beta since the first couple of days.

The way i see it i have 2 options:

Log on the beta, dont play live, gain a hell of a lot of gear in the beta...eventually have all that gear and levels deleted and then the prize for my time is essentially a game of chance. Sure there is a chance i might get a nice shiny reward that would make all the non beta players jealous, but realistically the prize is probably going to be a half arsed underpowered piece of shit that will never get buffed or an overpowered something or another that will eventually be nerfed to become about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

The second option is i keep playing the live client, get myself more modded gear, get my alts t21 skills, make my alts t21 ships and most importantly of all i wont get any of this gear deleted.

Do you see the problem, why would i spend my time hunting bugs and trying to help make a game smooth when there is no rewards system in place to speak of and the "enjoyment" factor is not there for me or many other players due to just how buggy c2 is.

Time is the most valuable commodity in the world and myself and the majority of star sonata are unlikely to give you days or weeks of our time for no benefit.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:07 am

Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035

ashta1989 wrote:
Not knowing what the prizes are essentially is what has stopped me from logging onto the beta since the first couple of days.

The way i see it i have 2 options:

Log on the beta, dont play live, gain a hell of a lot of gear in the beta...eventually have all that gear and levels deleted and then the prize for my time is essentially a game of chance. Sure there is a chance i might get a nice shiny reward that would make all the non beta players jealous, but realistically the prize is probably going to be a half arsed underpowered piece of shit that will never get buffed or an overpowered something or another that will eventually be nerfed to become about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

The second option is i keep playing the live client, get myself more modded gear, get my alts t21 skills, make my alts t21 ships and most importantly of all i wont get any of this gear deleted.

Do you see the problem, why would i spend my time hunting bugs and trying to help make a game smooth when there is no rewards system in place to speak of and the "enjoyment" factor is not there for me or many other players due to just how buggy c2 is.

Time is the most valuable commodity in the world and myself and the majority of star sonata are unlikely to give you days or weeks of our time for no benefit.

this^

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:13 am
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

A bug or problem should be on a scale of 1 to 5, imo. Each point is a point you keep and use in a shop so to speak.

Shop is just a support ticket detailing what you want from the pot of goodies. No unique stuff, though. Anyone can get what you get, if they want to.

-Imp Chests
-New Imp Skills(like a speed Imp skill(like the bar counterpart) or higher levels in an Imp skill
-High end T19/T20/T21 ship. On terms of a PosWave+ for T21, etc. T21 being more expensive than T19.
-RC19/20
-Imperial equipment(weapons, shields, etc, T20. On par with higher end T21 gear)

Things like that. Of course the better stuff would be more expensive than the lower end stuff, and thus require much more bugs found and tagged. Bugs should not be recorded on the forum, but rather a private admin database thing, to give the sense that theres more out there.

Goals could be the same. Like the first 5 squads to do an uber, or kill a certain ai, or reach a certain mission complete.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:27 am

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129

it would be horrible if the requirements are listed post-event and it turns out a certain group of players magically managed to get them all spot on... /me puts on tin foil hat again

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:53 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: Death Mental
Main: ashta the 2nd
Level: 2942

Another issue is the admins will let a bug stay in game for months and if u report it over this period in time they generally say "Oh, someone else has already reported this therefore we cannot give you an imp seal".

I imagine this must happen a hell of a lot to a few people, one reason why i have no faith in what you suggested churchill as they will just mug you out of points like they always do and also the reason i will be exploiting bugs i find from now on.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:35 pm

Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035

ashta1989 wrote:
Another issue is the admins will let a bug stay in game for months and if u report it over this period in time they generally say "Oh, someone else has already reported this therefore we cannot give you an imp seal".

I imagine this must happen a hell of a lot to a few people, one reason why i have no faith in what you suggested churchill as they will just mug you out of points like they always do and also the reason i will be exploiting bugs i find from now on.

^

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:38 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

ashta1989 wrote:

Never said my idea was good. Only spent 5 minutes in the Beta before literally saying "This is shit, back to C1".

Tbh any reward for finding bugs is bad in a Beta.

Maybe a red star in game for being an Official Bug Hunter? Must find, report, and annoy the admins through support tickets and the like until the game is patched and therefore bug fixed(like, a patch each week or couple of days) to keep the title and star.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:42 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next