It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 am

Dev Team

Post Re: Tell us what you would like to see in revised galaxies.
anilv wrote:
perhaps containing rare resources--

Far out comets with rare resources is a interesting idea but for now I think at most it'll be the occasional custom galaxy comet. Might be something to look into in the future though.

Jagur4 wrote:
Would solar flares be entirely out of the question?
I think some kind of dark/black nebula in Shadow and/or The Dark would be excellent as wel

I was thinking of adding some particle streams to certain suns to give the feeling of a solar flare but I don't know about damage / radar effects.

Good ideas on the nebulae, I don't know about a dark one for Shadow but we'll see.

Chaosking3 wrote:
Debris fields (3 dimensionally spread out above and below the ship plane) and lightning storms in the background would be pretty cool.

Both are decent ideas, the lightning storms in some backgrounds I'd definitely like to get in someday. I'm not quite sure how to go about it yet but I'll definitely note it down. Z-layer debris fields would be interesting for some old war zones or junkyard kind of galaxies.

thebattler35 wrote:
Gravity and galaxies with black holes.
Possibly make the black holes warp you randomly to another black hole somewhere in the universe

Gravity as a global attribute would be awesome in my opinion but it's a pretty fundamental game mechanic change so it's a whole thread in it's own.

Black Holes are already on my to do list eventually, and we could probably simulate a 'rough' gravity effect with just those alone if desired.

Neba wrote:
make asteroids crash into each other and make AI fight each other more often
when somethings shot, make temporary debri and damage spots
wouldnt be hard to code in.

Asteroids crashing into each other would be interesting but a lot of coding would need to occur for it to be proper and it's probably out of scope for now.

Temporary damage spots / Debris. A little off topic and more deserving it's own thread but a interesting idea I'll have to talk it over with the team but no definitive answer right now.

Chaosking3 wrote:
Just going to go ahead and say one of the cooler parts of the game is Enigmatic Sector, I love seeing the huged spawned AI flotillas smash into each other so big support on AI fighting AI more often.

AI battles and conflicts is probably going to get a pretty good place in SS2 I think.

sabre198 wrote:
planet with rings like saturn, so when you go over the planet and it bumps you over it, the particles wake round ur ship and return to the ring.

I don't know about particle wake but I am wanting to hopefully get it to where we might have something along the lines of all planets having a small chance to get rings.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:04 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Aidelon
Main: IDes
Level: 1427
Class: Speed Demon

color/lighting correction for 'themed' (and even normal) gals, contrasted, warmish in gals like lavanite and inferno. And a purplish, (yellow/green)gloomy feel to gals like underworld/nihilite. Ships aren't supposed to look how they do normally in every gal.

Also give gals different themes, like that gloomy shit, firy/icy/lighty n stuff.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031
Class: Engineer

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Stars in the background of some galaxies twinkling?

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402

Thanks for the specific responses. Always nice to know our suggests did not fall on deaf ears :)

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:03 am
Profile E-mail

Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

If possible, it would be interesting to have Ice Matrix in Glass Matrix have a nebula that actually looks like a snowstorm.

Bipolar could have two nebulae, one black and one white, constantly running into eachother and dissipating.

Throw some rainbows into lunacy. Just for kicks and giggles.

End of the Universe should obviously remain solid black except for that part that has the universe.

Biologique should have a very light organic looking nebula throughout.

Could empathy field and empathic biology actually have some sort of visual cue that engines aren't working? Maybe some sort of grid of static points or something, you could get some interesting conflicts between the grid and the nebula in emp bio.

Any chance that instead of having asteroids just spawn, they slowly move in from below, or are ejected from the sun they orbit? Would make things cooler and more realistic.

Maybe numbers on the lagrange moons, kinda like pool balls.

Have some of the moons in perpetual motion spin one way, then slow down, stop, and spin the other way, repeating this process.

Prism drones should actually be prismatic, as well as the asteroids. Some sort of semi-cloaking effect, perhaps?

Steppes, could it actually have each successive layer be above the old layer somehow? So you can see the layers beneath you? It would be super cool if you could.

In The Dark, maybe have even the stars dissappear just a little way away from your ship? To make it feel like you're in a very dark room.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:17 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

Cygnus wrote:
Could empathy field and empathic biology actually have some sort of visual cue that engines aren't working? Maybe some sort of grid of static points or something, you could get some interesting conflicts between the grid and the nebula in emp bio.
don't understand

Steppes, could it actually have each successive layer be above the old layer somehow? So you can see the layers beneath you? It would be super cool if you could.
epic

In The Dark, maybe have even the stars dissappear just a little way away from your ship? To make it feel like you're in a very dark room.
nice

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:24 pm

Main: __
Level: 2482

Just that there are some graphical ways to indicate that everything is extremely still and calm, throw some of them in so that it seems like there's actually a reason why you cant use engines in there.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:43 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Ipaqmaster
Level: 761

Comets, Junk that you can actually bump into, More interactivity =D

Mod's. Just being high^

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:33 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 805

So I know this isn't something huge, but its always annoyed me the size of asteroid belts. Some planets orbit around the suns 5k distance away but the largest asteroid belt I know of is ring or Gargan at maybe 2k. What about some massive asteroid belts? I know it wouldn't be hard to do.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:49 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

Largest belt I've seen sat at the 9k mark. It's not an advantage to have such large belts, since, they have the same asteroid density as small belts.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:01 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Copernicus
Level: 884
Class: Gunner

Location: Here, floating in my tin can, far above the world...
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Largest belt I've seen sat at the 9k mark. It's not an advantage to have such large belts, since, they have the same asteroid density as small belts.

Increase density.

I'm against gravity from most objects affecting ships. Black holes are the only exception as anything else would be a fundamental game play change (there was another top-down space game I tried before SS and it had collisions and gravity with similar graphics scales and whatnot. I hated it and ended up here later.)

However, it would be interesting if player bases could orbit suns. Maybe just go by which sun the base is closest to when built? Maybe select orbital controls (perhaps allowing you to change orbits when in the right place?)

I mean, the ships I figure have some sort of anti-gravity and can move about without worrying too much about gravity fields, but stations would likely be orbiters anyways. So yea, orbital controls for bases, spaceships keep current arcade-like controls.

Also, pulsars. I posted that somewhere in the suggestions before, I'll look for it later.

Oh! And perhaps some planets with more eccentric orbits. I know a number of them have small changes in orbit like Earth around Sol, but I'm talking eccentric like Pluto.

And maybe those peaceful comet creatures from the Oort Cloud that EarthForce waged war against could spawn in Sol about 10k out or something. Like the handfull of survivors from EF's earlier warmongering. I'd imagine them looking something like organic versions of the Snowflake ships.

I've got more ideas, but I'm sleepy now.

F2P: Colonel Mustang

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:56 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620

biggee531 wrote:
I've always thought gravity would play in really well with SS. More dense masses having heavier gravity etc. would allow for some truly dynamic gameplay.

We used to have this in Deep Space. It's actually a cool idea, although Deep Space was a terrible place for it since all it accomplished was to confuse nubes trying to get to Sol for the first time.

I would really like to see the gravity code from Deep Space brought back for use in some custom gals, especially in gals that contain ubers. I was actually surprised that nobody used that code in any Olympus ubers.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Team: Zephyr
Main: Zaehlas
Level: 1777

I've loved most of the background nebula / graphics in the new galaxy setups (I really, REALLY love the new Deep Space. Awesome!)

However, although I haven't been through alot of them, The only one that bugs me so far is copper. The contrast and similarity in color to the foreground throws me all off, with it looking like a Sun I need to avoid. Maybe if it could be darker, or covered with clouds and then get brighter and larger as you go through the levels or something?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:49 pm

Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2157
Class: Shield Monkey

The option to turn off whatever graphics you add.
;)

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:37 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Zero Gravity
Main: Nessiah Redemption
Level: 1113

Should take note from other 2-d space games like SPAZ.

Ware wa messiah nari!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:41 pm
Profile E-mail