It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Team: pantalones
Main: -Death-
Level: 1951
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Official proposal on a change in the PvP system
Not sure if this has already been mentions and I cant be bothered to go through 9 pages to see if it has.

But what I recommend. is putting in Fuzz's or something like them in all non-pvp gals. But leaving the pvp option open when safety lock is off. Then putting in a glory system that has some use in the game. If you kill someone in protected space you get more glory for doing it. The person attacking will be killed by the fuzz eventrally (maybe make them have a slower response time or lower there range so they have to get in range before they can kill you). This means people who are KOS or running and use the protected space as safety can still be killed but at a cost to the pvper.

Also if you give more glory for kills like that you will have people trying to make protected space kills just because of that. It means you wont have greifing in protected space but you will have some interesting pvp there.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:06 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620
Class: Speed Demon

cgcgames4 wrote:
But what I recommend. is putting in Fuzz's or something like them in all non-pvp gals. But leaving the pvp option open when safety lock is off. Then putting in a glory system that has some use in the game.

This is all kind of like what I've been proposing, but they really just want absolutely, perfectly safe areas where people can feel secure in the fact that other players are absolutely forbidden from ever shooting at them for any reason.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:11 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

I don't see any merit in having invincible police and yet allowing PvP to occur in their presence.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:54 pm

Main: .Blue
Level: 2649
Class: Berserker

You could model it after eve. Put warp disrupting pillboxes at every gate, and whenever you attack somebody in earthforce space three fuzzes will spawn at your location in DF/10 seconds. This gives you 2 seconds to make a kill in DF20 before your destroyed, but 30 seconds in DF300. You WILL die eventually for attacking, but you are able to get the kill in first.

However, all this would do is encourage griefing of droners or slavers who lose a lot more then you do when they die.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:06 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Death Cab For Cutie
Level: 0
Class: None

Jeff, if said idea was implemented you would have to get the value of all gear in the game dead on... If not you leave it entirely vulnerable to abuse. Not only will this be a colossal job in itself, the fact that SS has a player made economy means you will have to constantly update prices in accordance to the current value in an active economy, making it, in my opinion, impossible to implement without being subject to heavy abuse. I don't see what's wrong with just tweaking what is already a strong feature of SS, I.e Gear Glue, to fit in line with C2. Easily done in my view.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:17 am
Profile E-mail

Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

Dirt wrote:
Jeff, if said idea was implemented you would have to get the value of all gear in the game dead on... If not you leave it entirely vulnerable to abuse. Not only will this be a colossal job in itself, the fact that SS has a player made economy means you will have to constantly update prices in accordance to the current value in an active economy, making it, in my opinion, impossible to implement without being subject to heavy abuse. I don't see what's wrong with just tweaking what is already a strong feature of SS, I.e Gear Glue, to fit in line with C2. Easily done in my view.

Nah, repair cost can just scale up with tech level. That's how the cost of gear glue works, anyway. I don't know if he has something more exotic in mind but this proves that the repair system isn't necessarily subject to your criticism.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:23 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163
Class: Engineer

Gear already has a "value", that's how they're balanced. It takes ruin, rarity, build-cost/time, droprates etc. all into account. Some items will be more expensive to repair inherently: primal gear opposed to normal UZ gear for example. It's not really about putting a credit cost on anything, there will probably be a simple formula that scales linearly within the rarity trees, also affected by tech level.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:37 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10